Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
A while ago I decided to turn on my old Wii again and noticed that the signal was missing red. Back then I suspected the component cable so I ordered another one from Ali Express but it had the same results.

Due to the Wii U being out at that time I just replaced my Wii with the Wii U and put my old Wii in the attic to look at it later on as I started to suspect the problem was with my TV itself.

Sadly yesterday I connected my Wii to a monitor with with a RCA to VGA box and I was presented with the same issue so the problem seems to be the Wii itself... Anybody has experience with this and know how to fix this or what it could be? I have a spare Wii that doesn't turn on at all which I could use as a donor for parts...

Reactions: Waddleclaws

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke, nevermind, seems that changing the image in the settings fixes it, so probably that is the difference between the component and RCA cable...

Still wondering why the component one failed though on my old TV a few years back with 2 different cables, but I guess that might have been just a bad new cable

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems it is still problematic... I bought a wii2hdmi and a component to HDMI box. The Wii2HDMI refuses to output anything on my Wii but works on my WiiU and the component to HDMI box shows flickering image and when I enter the settings it shuts down all image, so I am unable to select any other mode then 50pal...

I guess I have to open my Wii again to check the caps... If there is somebody with experience in this with the Wii that is willing to guide me, that would be great as I have no idea where to look other then in the neighborhood of the connector 😅

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright