Homebrew wii media players, which 0ne is the best?

Which is the best Wii Media Player?

• Mplayer CE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WiiMC

• Geexbox

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiMC wins the internet.
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiMC is pretty much perfect. Plays all formats quickly and smoothly, no crashes, beautiful and convenient interface. I love it and wouldn't dare go back to MPlayerCE.

The problems other people describe can be summed up as WiiMC having issues with some cIOSes and some drive formats. These people can keep using MPlayerCE but I would encourage them to identify the cause of the problem if possible (WiiMC is worth using). As of 1.01 it should work with NTFS and be fine with everything. I recommend that if you're having cIOS issues you can try installing Hermes v5 IOS202 using base IOS38, it has worked fine for me.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
WiiMC is pretty much perfect. Plays all formats quickly and smoothly, no crashes, beautiful and convenient interface. I love it and wouldn't dare go back to MPlayerCE.

The problems other people describe can be summed up as WiiMC having issues with some cIOSes and some drive formats. These people can keep using MPlayerCE but I would encourage them to identify the cause of the problem if possible (WiiMC is worth using). As of 1.01 it should work with NTFS and be fine with everything. I recommend that if you're having cIOS issues you can try installing Hermes v5 IOS202 using base IOS38, it has worked fine for me.
Nah the attitude is, it doesn't work, it's the shits, i'm not using it! ;p

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a longtime user of MplayerCE and it still works great, but I have moved to WiiMC as the interface is much nicer. The only issue that I have is every now and then when having a tv show marathon I will get a code dump (two times out of say 30 videos). I play my videos from SMB and DVD-Data but absolutely love them both.

My vote goes to WiiMC in this case as I stopped using MplayerCE not because one out preforms the other but only for the pretty interface.

Aaronius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really interesting. I'll have to try WiiMC out. I honestly didn't know that there were any other media players other than MplayerCE... Thanks for giving me this realization.

But before I read all these posts, I would have put MplayerCE because that's all I know and I was a closed-minded fool
tongue.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiMC works smooth, and fast. Plays everything I trow at it. You can get an occasional code dump every ~10 videos you watch when switching during video play. (Still had 0 code dumps with 100+ pictures/audio files!) But it's still version 1.0x, and I'm sure those cashes will be ironed out soon enough.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...