Hacking Wii Homebrew has reached Maturity, what are your top apps for it?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you aware there is a separate Virtual Boy emulator than the Mednafen for the Wii (known as Wiirtual boy: http://code.google.com/p/wiirtual-boy/)? I only know this because I don't use Mednafen, and have separate channels for each emulator including Virtual Boy.

Oh yeah, but Raz0red and Arikados stand-alone emu for VirtualBoy only made it to v0.1.
the work was continued (also by Raz0red) on the WiiMednafen version, and is "much improved over WiirtualBoy".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maturity is not exactly the term I'd use. If you asked me, I'd say that the Wii Scene has reached the geriatric stage and will now gradually die off in favour of the emerging Wii U scene, especially once the system gets cracked wide open.

Anywho, I have a few favourite Wii apps that I used to use:
  • WiiMC
  • WiiEarth
  • DIOS MIOS (Because screw juggling discs, also yar!)
  • CFGLoader (See above)
  • MMM
  • Dop-Mii
  • GeeXboX
  • Homebrew Browser (Great for keeping up with updates)
  • WiiXplorer (Used occasionally when I couldn't be arsed to take the SD card out and into a PC)
Can't think of anything else that I'd recommend, really. There's loads of emulators and whatnot, but I've never used any extensively.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody kick him in the nuts for me PLEASE???

Excuse me, but, what the hell are you jabbering about? I was expressing the facts about these emulators' superiority..... You seem upset that I bashed Tantric's emulators, sorry, but compared to RA Wii, there are no advantages in terms of speed and stability whatsoever.

D

Deleted User

WiiXplorer
The GX emulators (most of the others dont run very well or are confusing to use)
Configurable USB Loader
Theres a bunch of other nifty little apps that are great, but I dont use them much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker