Homebrew Dump NAND from Wii Mini

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, what's the deal, I want to play Mario Kart Wii online with wiimmfi, preferably on dolphin because I don't have a USB to ethernet and there's a distance between the wii mini and router and yeahh it's a mess.

I decided that I should use Dolphin, but that one requires me to dump a real NAND. If I use an auto generated NAND, I have to wait 7 days, only for it to say access denied.

SO, the only way is to dump my NAND from my Wii Mini, tweak some stuff and we're good.
I mean, I already found some homebrew specifically made for wii mini:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/realwnd-wii-mini-edition.553349/

...so what's stopping me?
Well, according to the thread I mentioned above, Realwnd Wii Mini edition requires me to patch IOS36 to IOS236..?
And I'm like, ok, but there's some text that says, ONLY for IOS36 or something. So I boot up my Wii Mini, and check the homebrew launcher and it says IOS58 (i think).
Is that my actual IOS or am I stupid and this is just the homebrew channel's IOS. Keep in mind, my Wii is (obviously) in version 4.3 sooo, is that IOS36...?? idk this is too complicated.
(Also, I installed some cIOS thing in order to use USB loader GX, but I don't know if that has to do with anything)

I know this is a full on ESSAY now but idk, I don't wanna brick my Wii out of pure stupidity.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1678611528758.png

I have a feeling that this might not go well with a Wii Mini but I don't know what it is...

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: XFlak

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, I didn't even get a chance to even CHECK if I can dump my NAND I was outside so long today.
Too tired to do it now, might as well do everything tommorow. Don't worry, I won't blow up my Wii Mini (yet).

Thanks for the syscheckME tho.
Post automatically merged:

Ummm, when I run syscheckME, it checks all the IOS's until IOS249 (i think I might be totally wrong), but instead of saying... literally anything at the end, I get "Exception (DSI) occured!" and it just reloads into the homebrew channel.

Yes, I installed the ModMii Edition which reports to the USB instead of SD card and yes, I choose it to check ALL of the IOS's.

Something extremely dark is going on.

(why in all of hell did GBAtemp merge these two posts? I posted the previous post like 17 hours ago :/ )

i really like when the post gets submerged, gets treated like an edit and not as a new post, resulting in no one getting a notification. Great stuff. (edit: AGAIN)

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Follow the trouble shooting steps to skip problematic IOSs

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Perhaps also confirm the same issue happens with syscheck HDE?

Edit: and yes I agree the way new posts get merged makes it difficult to bump a thread where you were the last person to post. This is why you need 2 accounts, lol, jk

Reactions: KiiWii

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok might try that later, thanks!

OK, the thing is, it doesn't freeze while checking on an IOS. It successfully checks every IOSs but then it does some other stuff I can't even comprehend to understand since they come and go so quickly and then boom exception dsi occured.

What in the hell even.

(STOP MERGING GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
"upload to cloud" and "wii mini" go together like pizza and vomit
If it displays on screen then it's all good, the problem is solved.

(also I like how all of this is done just to CHECK if can even PATCH some ios in order to do the actual dump of the nand)

(please don't merge) syscheckHDE has the exact same problem; checks every ios normally, does some teeny tiny stuff and then boom exception occured or whatever. At this point I might as well give up playing mario kart wii online because this is not working out.

This is why you need 2 accounts, lol, jk
i am seriously considering this

please gbatemp dont merge this one im gonna lose it
edit: ggfhgfg

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
screw this i guess i'm not gonna play mario kart wii online unless i buy a normal wii or something but screw this
even if i manage to backup my nand, then what? The wii mini menu doesn't have all these internet settings and all that jazz so it's gonna come off as useless.

I guess I could backup my nand for the sake of backing it up in case something goes wrong but if I can't even check my IOS's how am I supposed to extract the NAND of all things?

thanks for all the help tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.