USB Loader GX is missing homebrew application on Homebrew Launcher list

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've modified my setup to auto launch into USB Loader GX and want to use this application as my primary home screen for my Wii. However I just noticed that SNES9x GX is missing from my homebrew launcher within USB Loader GX

It shows up and launches correctly on the Homebrew channel and through the forwarder on my Wii system menu.

What could possibly cause this?

Other maybe pertinent information:

1. If I filter for just realnand channels, choosing my SNES 9x GX forwarder from the list of titles fails to launch it as well. Others I've tried work OK from this list.

2. If I go to the Homebrew Launcher > Title Launcher (Wii icon) and select SNES9x gx forwarder from this list, it launches fine.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: I was using Save Game Manager GX today, and forgot it has essentially the same interface as USB Loader GX. Snes9xGX shows up in the homebrew launcher within this app. So it must be a bug in the latest version of USB Loader GX.

Last edited by clandestine,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I go to the Homebrew Launcher > Title Launcher (Wii icon) and select SNES9x gx forwarder from this list, it launches fine.
From what I've read - This may be the only way to have success.
USBLGX wasn't designed to do sooo many things, & they stated that this one of them :(

I wasn't happy reading about it. But that was a 2016 post on another forum.
It was also stated to use SD for the games. Not USB storage.
It didn't make much sense to me :(
Somebody there wasn't a happy chappy ;)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They are saying it. I just worded & posted what I found.
I just didn't like the opening to the reply. It went like :
USBLGX was designed for Wii games .... The rest - Not fruitful :(

There's not much on this topic & works "were" in progress.
Hope you have better luck in finding your answers.

Reactions: clandestine

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been busy lately, so I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

What version of SNES9x GX are you using, since I just downloaded v4.5.4 and the loaders built in homebrew browser does list it correctly for me.

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What version of SNES9x GX are you using, since I just downloaded v4.5.4 and the loaders built in homebrew browser does list it correctly for me.
It's all good man! You do amazing work for this community, so I don't mind waiting. I've been in and out of the hospital myself over the past few weeks. But anyways...

I'm using the same version as you. USB loader rev1281, Snes9xGX 4.5.4

And just so you can see so I'm not crazy, I took a short video of this behavior.

Last edited by clandestine,

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any ideas? I might try down grading the emulator and/or usb gx to see if that fixes it, although I prefer to have up to date software.

Perhaps there's a certain comfig file I have with bad data on it or something that's the culprit?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas? I might try down grading the emulator and/or usb gx to see if that fixes it, although I prefer to have up to date software.

Perhaps there's a certain comfig file I have with bad data on it or something that's the culprit?

I've asked around, but nobody else seems to be able to replicate this issue.

At first I thought maybe it could be caused by a corrupt meta.xml file, but the info looked fine in your video before it was deleted. And the loader can display apps even if the meta.xml file is missing, so I'm really not sure what's going on.

You could try using my previous release, since that doesn't include an updated XML parser. And to avoid a crash you'll need to delete TitlesCache.bin from the USB Loader GX directory.

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked around, but nobody else seems to be able to replicate this issue.

At first I thought maybe it could be caused by a corrupt meta.xml file, but the info looked fine in your video before it was deleted. And the loader can display apps even if the meta.xml file is missing, so I'm really not sure what's going on.

You could try using my previous release, since that doesn't include an updated XML parser. And to avoid a crash you'll need to delete TitlesCache.bin from the USB Loader GX directory.
Haven't played around with my Wii for a bit, but I will try to use different versions of both the emulator and usb loader and report back!

Thanks dude.

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blackb0x

Finally got around to messing around with my Wii gain. Unfortunately, an older version of USBGX did nothing to solve this problem.

Shit is driving me absolutely bonkers! Makes zero sense, especially when SNES9xgx displays perfectly fine with Save Manager GX.

I know it's not particularly the biggest problem as I can get to it in other ways (Going back to the homebrew channel, or to my Wii menu and using a fwd channel).... but was really hoping I could just access all my applications via USB GX.

If anybody has any other ideas, I'm all ears. Appreciate your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto