Gaming Wii Games of the Month: October 2010

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sengoku Basaka: Samurai Heroes is out for the Wii in the USA and its not region lock. AWESOME! I did played this game on the PS2 which only release in Japan. I will buy this game when I get the time also, although I saw another hack n' slash game made by Koei which is what's that all about?
unsure.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
monkat said:
Hells Malice said:
Rock of the Dead looks so terrible I might just play it just to get a great laugh.
I almost died laughing at how bad the trailers made the game look already.

I hope it's not vapourware....

I (might be wrong but,) remember hearing that the Wii version was put on a hiatus, and they were going multiplatform.

I doubt it, it's just a rather small time game and going multiplatform is probably budget they can't afford. They chose the Wii since more people probably have guitar peripherals and this game doesn't come packed in with one. GH3 is one of the highest selling third party games after all, not counting all the other GH and Rock Band games.

It did go multiplat, but the Wii version currently doesn't have a release date. Which sucks. But we're not getting shafted, so yay.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flips is getting some real meh reviews and to be honest from looking at the media they could be right.

Guild McCommunist said:
Rockstar said:
Wait i thought pes 2011 was in november?

It is for all other regions, it gets an early as hell release in Australia though (according to GameFAQs).
I checked several Aussie sites and the game is listed for release 14th October on 360/PS3/PC but none had the Wii version listed.

From years of doing these threads they have always seemed to have got Aussie titles that are due out there first completely wrong. Rune Factory Wii for example was said to be released there first according to them which I don't think has even been released yet.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gaydrian said:
Flips is getting some real meh reviews and to be honest from looking at the media they could be right.
you actually pay attention to reviews? spray got some really bad reviews but the actual game until it got to the part where it fucked up was fun

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I just trust my own feelings on it, the reviews just go with those. I wont be trying it either way unless there are any in store demos, which there wont be. I'm going legit so I'll only be buying games I'm 100% on.

ph34r.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gaydrian said:
I honestly have just seen one review yet and that was the Nintendo Power one (6.0 was the score).

I for one think the game looks promising and like I said I`m a sucker for 3D-J`n`R-adventure and therefor I`ll most definitely try it out
biggrin.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ConJ said:
Does anybody know if NBA Jam has online mode?
It doesn`t on Wii and it does on the other versions. They said it is because they couldn`t maintain 60 frames-per-second when playing online on Wii and that`s why they didn`t incorporated the feature...

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This looks to be a great month for Wii!

Kirby's Epic Yarn looks like a much-needed new twist on the Kirby formula. It seems like a very creative and imaginative endeavor!

I'm actually stoked for Rock Band 3. In a genre that's losing inertia quickly, Harmonix once again breathes new life into it by adding a Keyboard, as well as Pro modes, featuring a full-fledged guitar controller! As an expert of Expert mode (...for lack of a less redundant term), I can't wait to once again rise through the ranks and earn my keep in Pro mode.

I think DJ Hero is a highly underrated game, and despite me not liking a lot of the music in the first game, the sheer gameplay itself was more than enough fun to hold me over. And I'm definitely getting the sequel.

The fact that NBA Jam is no longer a Wii exclusive grinds my gears. Sure, the PS3 and Xbox editions lack some of the features of the Wii version, but they get HD visuals, and online play. That isn't a fair trade-off at all, in my opinion...
frown.gif
Still, I'll get the Wii edition, just because I think the Wii deserves to be the NBA Jam console.

EDIT: I felt compelled to add this:

To hell with the Just Dance franchise.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol