Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

hothitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had HBC installed until last night when I decided to delete and just go back to normal. I got the 4.0U update this morning no problem, I can play all my VC games from SD card and all that, I can move stuff from SD to System Memory and back - but I can't access the Wii Shop or Nintendo Channel. It tells me to go update, but when I do, I keep coming up w/ Error Code: 32017, then "Configure Internet settings to Get System update". I can access WFC np on connection tests, and in retail games.

Any Suggestions?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
Would it be illegal to post a link to the IOS file on Nintendo's server? If it's not, we could do that, as Nintendo would be the ones to host the file.

Considering Wiigator did it already, I highly doubt so.
It's hosted on Nintendo's server anyway, you'd be getting it from the same source even if you did download it with your Wii.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
You do realise most of you would have the HBC installed? So you could easily use emulators! But this won't fix the Wiiware problem.
Doesn't help with N64 games.

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use my hacked wii to play burned wii games, and import games. I have wad manager channel 1.3 installed, and backup channel installed. also have the HBC installed. my question is how do i get CIOS36 rev 08 installed. and once i have that installed if i decide to go back to version 3.2 i should be good?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
blazingwolf said:
6. You CAN downgrade from a 4.0 Wii if you already have a cIOS installed. Just use waninkoko's cIOS downgrader. I have personally gone from 3.3U, to 4.0U and back to 3.2U successfully. All that is required is that you have the a cIOS installed BEFORE upgrading to 4.0U. You can find the latest one here. Just install this before upgrading and you should be able to update to 4.0U with your wad installing abilities intact and be able to downgrade to 3.2U if you wish.

does this means that you will still have the 4.0 features when downgraded to 3.2?

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ppc_gba said:
why don't you guys just do an internet install with ios 60+ios 61+shop channel and patch the trucha bug back in that way.

here, it took me 5 seconds to add an ios60 option to the current installer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/213627297/IOS6...p_Installer.dol

afaik this should work fine. I think the shop channel is just checking the version number. either that or nintendo is sending the updated shop channel from a different url.

if you have a newer/current ios version that the one in an update, it is untouched during an update, correct?
And a installer with only ios60 patch.. ?
You can build it ?
smile.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@simo75: you can use mine or the one on wiibrew, just only push a for the ios 60 install, push b on everything else. it's pretty straightforward.

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ppc_gba said:
@simo75: you can use mine or the one on wiibrew, just only push a for the ios 60 install, push b on everything else. it's pretty straightforward.
Thanks!!
But after this "patch" of the ios60, the Wii will newly ask to update ?

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
In crazy need of the ios60 file so i can trucha it, please PM me if you can help point me in right direction
Did you even read the thread? Just a bit of posts above you is one by ppc_gba that tells you how to do it without the IOS60 wad!

Before going to 4.0 (or downgrade with cIOS Downgrader if you can) use the installer they posted and then update. tada!

QUOTE(FGOD @ Mar 26 2009, 09:13 AM) does this means that you will still have the 4.0 features when downgraded to 3.2?

No it doesn't, since 3.2 uses a different IOS for the system menu.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
So before people update what should they install to keep compatibility with wads, moving wads to sd and playing them, backup games and general homebrew.
smile.gif

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiwaker said:
@ppc_gba:The installer gives me ret=-1017 error,but i have installed cIOS36 rev8.Is there any idea how to fix this?

Are you on 4.0?

If so, you'll have to downgrade using cIOS Downgrader (and IOS Downgrader afterwards) and then use the installer.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i did read and try it............... it doesnt work......... it find and downloads all the files fine then it patches em but after that says instaling as title........blablaba FAIL sorry.

BTW im on 3.4 with ios249 v8 installed

am i not meant to let it patch? if so whats the point as that wouldn't be trucha'd then

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
Yes i did read and try it............... it doesnt work......... it find and downloads all the files fine then it patches em but after that says instaling as title........blablaba FAIL sorry.

am i not meant to let it patch? if so whats the point as that wouldn't be trucha'd then

Use this guide to downgrade to 3.2 and try again, that should work.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Noobwarrior:
QUOTE said:
yesterday I ran ARCmod5 and then immediately the USB cios v2, and immediately following that, 4 "backup up" channels were deleted, not only that, but they were improperly deleted.....so corrupted tickets and such remained making it difficult to fix momementarily.....I blamed the new USBciosv2

never had my SM higher than 3.2
that's not due to the cIOSusb2 installation at all.

on another note, this updates caused a flood in rubbish all over again. tss

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trancepara said:
kongsnutz said:

Use this guide to downgrade to 3.2 and try again, that should work.

I really don't wanna downgrade....... i know of 4 dudes who can't update to 4.0 because of a downgrade....(nintendo reports you have newest fw)
and besides that don't wanna mess with nand

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
trancepara said:
kongsnutz said:
In crazy need of the ios60 file so i can trucha it, please PM me if you can help point me in right direction
Did you even read the thread? Just a bit of posts above you is one by ppc_gba that tells you how to do it without the IOS60 wad!

Before going to 4.0 (or downgrade with cIOS Downgrader if you can) use the installer they posted and then update. tada!

QUOTE(FGOD @ Mar 26 2009, 09:13 AM) does this means that you will still have the 4.0 features when downgraded to 3.2?

No it doesn't, since 3.2 uses a different IOS for the system menu.

are there any downsides on using 4.0 with CIOSCORPS? can preloader still be used? i want to upgrade, but i want to be sure that i have still all the benefits that i have now with cioscorps and preloader...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...