Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caporale214 said:
i made a thread about nintendo deleting installed wads on my wii but everyone told me that it was bs
i bet i don't look like a liar now
Well, I definitely got your back. This is not BS people!

By the way, in the user agreement, it now says:

UPDATES AND UPGRADES
We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.

This may have been here previously, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo actually used it until now (well, besides on the Twilight Hack). I thought it was assumed that if you update to 3.4, you agreed to this, hance why I never updated. Now that 4.0 is out, Nintendo seems to be abusing this privaledge. I guess if you disagree, you lock Nintendo out of your router -- rediculous.

Oddly enough, Nintendo did not delete my Twilight Hack. I haven't checked to see if it's operational thoough.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
it freaks me out how important the WiiShop Channel is to you guys , I have it and never used it really with all the goodies that you have on hand is it really important to have the Shop Channel ???? it's like what ever you guys get and it's all free , greed plays your mind for more and more , give us some time to analyze what we have now and things will work for all but as an advisory DON'T UPDATE TO 4.0
smile.gif

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
it freaks me out how important the WiiShop Channel is to you guys , I have it and never used it really with all the goodies that you have on hand is it really important to have the Shop Channel ???? it's like what ever you guys get and it's all free , greed plays your mind for more and more , give us some time to analyze what we have now and things will work for all but as an advisory DON'T UPDATE TO 4.0
smile.gif

Hey man, no reason for flaming. In my situation, I did not update (I'm on 3.2U). I could care less if the shop channel works or not. And I'm not pirating. As I said, Nintendo deleted three channels and two saves. The three channels were all made by me. Here's the list:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest and corresponding save
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World and corresponding save
WAD Manager 1.3 IOS16 Channel

Don't tell us to not post our results; this is one way of analyzing situations. Read more, flame less; follow this strategy and less arguements will occur. You can learn quite a bit by reading everyone's point of view, which is why we're here.

I'm posting this because we are all at risk here. Nintendo is scanning our Wiis 4.0 or no. You can avoid the scan by disabling your Wii before you turn it on (that is, if WiiConnect24 is off. If it's on, Nintendo may still be able to scan and "purify" your Wii.

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
would downloading the update to a pc and using freethebug on all the ios and then manually install them to your wii improve the situation in anyway??

cataphonicdisson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is something being worked on to allow us to have the SD card functionality of 4.0 but without all of the homebrew-breaking stuff?

Kind of like how somebody made a patch to allow for 3.4 wii shop channel functionality on 3.2 systems.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
mariomaniac33 said:
BIG MOE said:
smile.gif

Hey man, no reason for flaming. In my situation, I did not update (I'm on 3.2U). I could care less if the shop channel works or not. And I'm not pirating. As I said, Nintendo deleted three channels and two saves. The three channels were all made by me. Here's the list:

Don't tell us to not post our results; this is one way of analyzing situations. Read more, flame less; follow this strategy and less arguements will occur. You can learn quite a bit by reading everyone's point of view, which is why we're here.

I'm posting this because we are all at risk here. Nintendo is scanning our Wiis 4.0 or no. You can avoid the scan by disabling your Wii before you turn it on (that is, if WiiConnect24 is off. If it's on, Nintendo may still be able to scan and "purify" your Wii.
I was making a point to help all the people waking up from the Shop Channel nightmare that they keep talking about , sorry but I don't think I addressed you in my post so don't jump too much
wink.gif
, and didn't tell you not to post your results and experiences with your Console and matter of fact thank you for doing so , I didn't decline that many reports I've seen with many members and friends that had Channels deleted with out there knowledge , I know this is a fact
wink.gif
but I did advise anyone that use his Console for personal reason not DEV reason and don't Wanna loose the ability to run homebrew and backups on his system not to Update , so get your words straight please and don't accuse me of flaming cause I don't flame buddy !!!!
wink.gif
peace

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
And I'm not pirating. As I said, Nintendo deleted three channels and two saves. The three channels were all made by me. Here's the list:

So you believe Nintendo is 'scanning' your Wii using your internet connection, deleting channels and moving saves to your SD card? So far all I have seen is people monkeying around with their Wiis and wondering why they are getting odd results. And you haven't even updated to 4.0? Show me someone that hasn't changed anything on thier Wii recently and then had channels just disappear and then I will start to believe.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
mariomaniac33 said:
BIG MOE said:
smile.gif

I was making a point to help all the people waking up from the Shop Channel nightmare that they keep talking about , sorry but I don't think I addressed you in my post so don't jump too much
wink.gif
, and didn't tell you not to post your results and experiences with your Console and matter of fact thank you for doing so , I didn't decline that many reports I've seen with many members and friends that had Channels deleted with out there knowledge , I know this is a fact
wink.gif
but I did advise anyone that use his Console for personal reason not DEV reason and don't Wanna loose the ability to run homebrew and backups on his system not to Update , so get your words straight please and don't accuse me of flaming cause I don't flame buddy !!!!
wink.gif
peace

Heh heh...

thanks for clearing all of that up. I appreciate it
smile.gif

Yeah, I just want to keep 3.2X running with Homebrew. The update would be nice, but in the end, all I really care about is the homebrew scene on my Wii. Even if a workaround is made, programs such as Preloader will need to be updated to support 4.0 -- essentially moving the ENTIRE scene to 4.0X

This could either be the start of a new era or the death of all homebrew and I certainly don't think it will be the end, considering how many great, persistent DEVs we have around here. Long live Wii Homebrew!
grog.gif

QUOTE(Lazycus @ Mar 25 2009, 10:15 PM) QUOTE(mariomaniac33 @ Mar 26 2009, 12:49 AM)
And I'm not pirating. As I said, Nintendo deleted three channels and two saves. The three channels were all made by me. Here's the list:

So you believe Nintendo is 'scanning' your Wii using your internet connection, deleting channels and moving saves to your SD card? So far all I have seen is people monkeying around with their Wiis and wondering why they are getting odd results. And you haven't even updated to 4.0? Show me someone that hasn't changed anything on thier Wii recently and then had channels just disappear and then I will start to believe.
I know how it sounds: impossible. I couldn't believe it myself. There are already numerous people experiencing the same thing though. I can't specifically show you anyone that I personally know that is experiencing the same problem (none of my friends have any modded systems), but a thread has been started on it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142870

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the IOS60 is bitch to find. I know it's against the rules to post them here, but you guys could at least nudge us in the right direction, right? I've been looking on google for over an hour.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be illegal to post a link to the IOS file on Nintendo's server? If it's not, we could do that, as Nintendo would be the ones to host the file.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you guys just do an internet install with ios 60+ios 61+shop channel and patch the trucha bug back in that way.

here, it took me 5 seconds to add an ios60 option to the current installer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/213627297/IOS6...p_Installer.dol

afaik this should work fine. I think the shop channel is just checking the version number. either that or nintendo is sending the updated shop channel from a different url.

if you have a newer/current ios version that the one in an update, it is untouched during an update, correct?

LHCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BIG MOE said:
LHCO said:
anyone can help me?

why i can't pass nothing of my SD to my systen memory ?
more info please ??

i update my wii for 4.0 , i have pass the THC to the SD and i can't recovery THC to my systen memory ...and nothing ... saves , wads ...

EDIT: can i downgrade my wii without THC ?

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
why don't you guys just do an internet install with ios 60+ios 61+shop channel and patch the trucha bug back in that way.

here, it took me 5 seconds to add an ios60 option to the current installer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/213627297/IOS6...p_Installer.dol

afaik this should work fine. I think the shop channel is just checking the version number. either that or nintendo is sending the updated shop channel from a different url.

if you have a newer/current ios version that the one in an update, it is untouched during an update, correct?

Wait a minute, you mean you can run these programs on your PC instead of the Wii?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yumdoritos: no this is for your wii. if you don't have internet on the wii (how would you update from nintendo anyway??) you'll need a wad+freethebug.

I just updated to 4.0, nothing big, I actually think the system menu feels a little slower lol. Nothing has gotten erased yet, but I'm a little afraid to go into the wii shop. If they can delete any channel just like that, what's to stop them from removing the hbc, so I think we need a duplicate of the hbc or the wii homebrew launcher saved under a different/random title id as a security policy.

I copied snowboard riot (pirated) to sd card, took 3.5 minutes (i thought the new ioses were faster!!). Ran it fine from sd card menu. Then I erased it, and launched it again. This time it took like 15-20 seconds to copy back over to the wii and launched perfectly. Note: I have the trucha patched ios60 and ios61. So add another person who says its working. Exiting from the game I found that it wasn't auto erased. Instead a new channel appeared: Sd Card Menu Data and under that it said Snowboard Riot, with an sd card icon. The only option is erase. I'm guessing if you copy it back the regular way with the patched ios it goes back to normal.

BTW: they only give you 20 pages on the sd card menu, so whoever had 600+ titles might be disappointed lol. They also warn you that games get copied back to the wii.

final note: I guess my hacked ios60 and ios61 were left untouched during the update. So do the hax update early, and then the real update late kiddies!

KamiNoYadoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use your install but it only installs the IOS downloads if I deny the patch. I already updated to 4.0 and then downgraded to 3.2. Do I need to get rid of something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!