Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a 3.3e Wii (with wiikey1), the only hacks applied to it is HBC, so I need to install IOS16, IOS60 and cIOS, is that correct? *Blush*

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for people with 4.0 that can't play their WADs because they are trucha signed.

You can't use the system 4.0's features (yet) without updating to 4.0. It's far too early to update to the new system update. There have already been quite a few strides already in the first 12 or so hours, we'll see a lot more in the days to come.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that Nintendo is deleting some files off our Wiis. I'm on 3.2 with WiiConnect24 disabled through Preloader. I booted up my Wii to find that three channels were gone: my Waninkoko's 1.3 IOS16 Channel, my Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, and my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Nintendo did not delete my legit Mario Kart 64 VC and oddly enough, they did not delete my SNES9X channel or my .

They must be scanning for any channels that are trucha signed and deleting them; these channels were trucha signed! Anyone else having this problem?

Again, I have NOT upgraded yet!

Nintendo, I disagree with these terms, hence why I don't want to update (well, not yet anyway)!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
I can confirm that Nintendo is deleting some files off our Wiis. I'm on 3.2 with WiiConnect24 disabled through Preloader. I booted up my Wii to find that three channels were gone: my Waninkoko's 1.3 IOS16 Channel, my Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, and my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Nintendo did not delete my legit Mario Kart 64 VC and oddly enough, they did not delete my SNES9X channel.

They must be scanning the tickets and deleting them. I heard of few other people mention this problem, anyone else having it?

WHAT??? What firmware you on

edit: 3.2 NVM.lol is this real? i wonder if they will do the same just from playing online?

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
mariomaniac33 said:
I can confirm that Nintendo is deleting some files off our Wiis. I'm on 3.2 with WiiConnect24 disabled through Preloader. I booted up my Wii to find that three channels were gone: my Waninkoko's 1.3 IOS16 Channel, my Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, and my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Nintendo did not delete my legit Mario Kart 64 VC and oddly enough, they did not delete my SNES9X channel.

They must be scanning the tickets and deleting them. I heard of few other people mention this problem, anyone else having it?

WHAT??? What firmware you on

3.2 I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I thought one of my friends had pulled a prank on me!

Edit: I'm trying to get Nintendo to delete them again; I've reinstalled them. If I figure out what channel is exactly scanning for them, I'll let you guys know. By the way, it deleted the saves off of my Wii and copied them to my SD card.... why the heck would it do that? Could Nintendo be feeling guilty? At least I didn't lose my save files... I had gotten a ways into Master Quest.... it would suck to lose that one!

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
I can also confirm this, i verginised my wii yesterday and nintendo the buggers deleted my earthbound VC zelda link to past hack vc sonic 1 & 2, and all of my wiiware that where patched ntsc to pal before all the preloader stuff came out.
frown.gif

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendolinky said:
I can also confirm this, i verginised my wii yesterday and nintendo the buggers deleted my earthbound VC zelda link to past hack vc sonic 1 & 2, and all of my wiiware that where patched ntsc to pal before all the preloader stuff came out.
frown.gif

Was it that way when you turned it on? Maybe they're scanning when we boot our Wiis, but it hasn't take effect until now. That's my guess, 'cause I haven't had any luck getting Nintendo to redelete them.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
mariomaniac33 said:
Sorry, double post unintentional.

Has anyone had any save files deleted too? Mine were only the corresponding save files.
I think it happened when i installed the SystemMenu-v290.wad not sure though as ive had a few issues with my wii as my daughter spilt her blackcurrent drink all over the wii.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost positive that Nintendo did this, but the thing is, I don't understand how, considering that I have been on 3.2U the whole time. I haven't ran any homebrew that could have done this, nor did I do it myself. I haven't ran any Nintendo Channels (until now).

For me, Nintendo deleted two save files and three channels. I don't know if they deleted the tickets since I quickly reinstalled them, but I do know that they copied my save files onto my SD card (my Master Quest hack has my latest save. I haven't backed it up for a long time). Something is really fishy here... especially how they copied the saves to my SD card... that doesn't make any sense.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem; at least I know that I'm not insane. But even I agree that we need more people to experience and report this before we can confirm that it is true.

Could this be some sort of deletion wave? Maybe that's why it happened only once upon network boot (the Wii needs to load the network to receive letters)? Can anyone say Microsoft Ban Hammer all over again?
unsure.gif

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintendolinky said:
mariomaniac33 said:
Sorry, double post unintentional.

Has anyone had any save files deleted too? Mine were only the corresponding save files.
I think it happened when i installed the SystemMenu-v290.wad not sure though as ive had a few issues with my wii as my daughter spilt her blackcurrent drink all over the wii.
Why did you have to install this ??

Cygoku

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
I reinstalled it as i had made a few hacks to my system with starfall and preloader and wanted to go back to a virgin wii.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting confused, is it the wii shop channel deleting pirated vc, or is it the new menu, or both? it could be that if we trucha patch both ios60 and ios61 we might fool the menu/shop channel into believing the games are legit. somehow I doubt that the old menu is suddenly deleting things. I have to wonder what else the wii shop channel is checking that prevents it from starting (sys menu version?)

it makes more sense that the wii shop channel is deleting pirated channels. we already know that nintendo gets a list of what channels you have installed when you go into the shop channel. that's how people were able to download games from the shop channel after leaving the ticket behind from a wad installation (before nintendo fixed it). it's also how the mario kart hackers got all spooked when they heard from nintendo that nintendo knew they had the homebrew channel installed, if im not mistaken. So we need to know if the shop channel is using its ios to detect pirated channels, patch it, and go into the shop channel with all our pirated channels (just to piss them off lol).

i like this new sd copy feature, it's better than nothing and nintendo knows this.
I think they must roll out updates slowly since I went online with my wii last night but it just started flashing tonight.

vladus2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a modified shop installer to install and patch IOS60/61/shop channel on 3.2U. It did not delete any VC titles after running successfully the shop channel. If the shop channel is what does it, patching back in the bug breaks said functionality.

caporale214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made a thread about nintendo deleting installed wads on my wii but everyone told me that it was bs
i bet i don't look like a liar now

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yesterday I ran ARCmod5 and then immediately the USB cios v2, and immediately following that, 4 "backup up" channels were deleted, not only that, but they were improperly deleted.....so corrupted tickets and such remained making it difficult to fix momementarily.....I blamed the new USBciosv2

never had my SM higher than 3.2

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand this whole thing about things disappearing. I turned on my Wii now(firmware 3.4U) and everything is there. I have three Wiiware games and two virtual games..backup launcher, and homebrew channel, everything looks fine..of course I dont keep my Wii on constantly, only when I'm using it, otherwise its turned off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1