Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
This is for PAL - http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wii/GCOS_boot...ikey1.2_PAL.rar
GCOS with wiikey config already in there.

I'll see if i can get a friend to make a US one aswell.

does this only boot the wiikey update settings or can you boot other things aswell?
just made a copy of this and it does work if you need to change the settings of the wiikey for region free,if you have just fitted a wiikey
biggrin.gif

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
This is for PAL - http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wii/GCOS_boot...ikey1.2_PAL.rar
GCOS with wiikey config already in there.

I'll see if i can get a friend to make a US one aswell.

does this only boot the wiikey update settings or can you boot other things aswell?
just made a copy of this and it does work if you need to change the settings of the wiikey for region free,if you have just fitted a wiikey
biggrin.gif

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Modchips may not be illegal, but by agreeing to Nintendo's terms of service in the update (wich you do by using their hardware) you can't use one in your wii. Stop with your "it's legal in some countries", "you can sue nintendo for bricking". Using and installing a chip is illegal, filesharing and buying the chip may not be. (depending on your country) They don't need to "cover their ass" they can provide an update for the Wii wich may "accidentaly" brick your wii because you had a chip in it. The TOA clearly states that they're not responsible for what happens when you use one.

I wanna cry
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Ima wait til wiikey announces whats gonna happen

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And in a nutshell:
This update does the following:
Make the Menus look cooler
Make the Menus load a bit faster
Mess up OpenWii (So don't update if you have OpenWii)
Stop you from using config discs (for the most part)
Wiikey, CycloWiz, Wiinja v2 & Deluxe are Unaffected
AR and Freeloader don't work
There are two updates for Version 3.0U - The first gives you the digital clock, and the disc channel icon, and changes the layout of the shop channel. The Second update changes the weather channel to show the forcast from the wii menu.

What do you base your suggestion that the 3.0 update messes up Wii's with OpenWii on? The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since? I'm very interested in this since I have a Wii with OpenWii myself, but we shouldn't spread rumors based on a single post by some dude until we have more evidence.

By the way I've read a post on the OpenWii board where some guy said his OpenWii runs fine after installing the new update.

I double dare you to upgrade. Prove the other guy wrong and become a legend.

What's the point? I can live without the new clock and "faster" channel loading times. Unless there is a game I want to play that requires me to update I dont see any reason to jump the gun on this one. However I would like to know if it definitely bricks the OpenWii or not.

My proof: http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=101&t=57174
  Wii 3.0 Update
Nintendo Getting Modchip Serious
user posted image

Wii Update 3.0 marks the most significant system change since the Wii's launch. It also shows that Nintendo are getting modchip conscious as there is now a new warning screen when updating that says having "an unauthorised technical modification" may brick your system.

Early reports show that the latest update does not brick systems with modchips, however some setup discs like the Wiikey setup disc have been rendered inoperable (however you can still use it by booting GCos first then loading the wiikey disc through that). This shows that Nintendo have indeed changed something under the hood, so modchip users should be wary of updating just yet.

Apart from modchip scares the update most noticeably sped up changing between channels and added in a digital clock. The Wii Shop channel has been redesigned and there are numerous other changes to Wii channel's and the message board. There is also speculation that the Wii's fan remains active when the console is switched off if Wiiconnect24 is enabled; to stop the Wii from heating up.

(Changelog)
CODE
Channels:
-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
-News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
-Message Board now has the “Today’s Accomplishments” message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
-Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B but only to empty spaces. Not too convenient.
-Calendar in Message Board no longer shows “Today’s Accomplishment” only days as having messages
-Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel Overhauled (Visual aesthetic is the same, changes made to organization and browsing methods mostly)
-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games). The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
-Titles You’ve Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
-New ways to browse
-Popular Titles (2 pages of 10 and includes launch games so not only based on recent info)
-Newest Additions remains the same
-Search for a title which can use partial names
-Search by Category
-System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each
-Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released
-Genre (different genres listed and amount of titles under each)

Settings
-Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds (the user can’t back out of hitting I Accept w/o powering down)

Update with caution. If you have a modchip installed it may be best to wait until further testing has been done.

*Important* It has been reported that if you have OpenWii installed the update will stop all games from loading. Other modchips do not seem to be affected.
This is my largest post, ever BTW.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
loooooooooooooooooool i've just got some info that action replay for gamecube that is compatible with the Wii version 1.0E PAL DOES NOT WORK WITH GCOS OR BOOTS DIRECTLY i will be trying to get info on other versions aswell.

thats confirmation that i will NOT be updating any time soon untill datel come out with a fix for this problem.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loooooooooooooooooool i've just got some info that action replay for gamecube that is compatible with the Wii version 1.0E PAL DOES NOT WORK WITH GCOS OR BOOTS DIRECTLY i will be trying to get info on other versions aswell.

thats confirmation that i will NOT be updating any time soon untill datel come out with a fix for this problem.
Can't you mod your Wii to get the same function as the action replay regarding imports?

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And in a nutshell:
This update does the following:
Make the Menus look cooler
Make the Menus load a bit faster
Mess up OpenWii (So don't update if you have OpenWii)
Stop you from using config discs (for the most part)
Wiikey, CycloWiz, Wiinja v2 & Deluxe are Unaffected
AR and Freeloader don't work
There are two updates for Version 3.0U - The first gives you the digital clock, and the disc channel icon, and changes the layout of the shop channel. The Second update changes the weather channel to show the forcast from the wii menu.

What do you base your suggestion that the 3.0 update messes up Wii's with OpenWii on? The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since? I'm very interested in this since I have a Wii with OpenWii myself, but we shouldn't spread rumors based on a single post by some dude until we have more evidence.

By the way I've read a post on the OpenWii board where some guy said his OpenWii runs fine after installing the new update.

I double dare you to upgrade. Prove the other guy wrong and become a legend.

What's the point? I can live without the new clock and "faster" channel loading times. Unless there is a game I want to play that requires me to update I dont see any reason to jump the gun on this one. However I would like to know if it definitely bricks the OpenWii or not.
My proof: http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=101&t=57174
  Wii 3.0 Update
Nintendo Getting Modchip Serious
user posted image

Wii Update 3.0 marks the most significant system change since the Wii's launch. It also shows that Nintendo are getting modchip conscious as there is now a new warning screen when updating that says having "an unauthorised technical modification" may brick your system.

Early reports show that the latest update does not brick systems with modchips, however some setup discs like the Wiikey setup disc have been rendered inoperable (however you can still use it by booting GCos first then loading the wiikey disc through that). This shows that Nintendo have indeed changed something under the hood, so modchip users should be wary of updating just yet.

Apart from modchip scares the update most noticeably sped up changing between channels and added in a digital clock. The Wii Shop channel has been redesigned and there are numerous other changes to Wii channel's and the message board. There is also speculation that the Wii's fan remains active when the console is switched off if Wiiconnect24 is enabled; to stop the Wii from heating up.

(Changelog)
Code:
Channels:
-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
-News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
-Message Board now has the “Today’s Accomplishments” message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
-Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B but only to empty spaces. Not too convenient.
-Calendar in Message Board no longer shows “Today’s Accomplishment” only days as having messages
-Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel Overhauled (Visual aesthetic is the same, changes made to organization and browsing methods mostly)
-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games). The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
-Titles You’ve Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
-New ways to browse
-Popular Titles (2 pages of 10 and includes launch games so not only based on recent info)
-Newest Additions remains the same
-Search for a title which can use partial names
-Search by Category
-System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each
-Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released
-Genre (different genres listed and amount of titles under each)

Settings
-Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds (the user can’t back out of hitting I Accept w/o powering down)

Update with caution. If you have a modchip installed it may be best to wait until further testing has been done.

*Important* It has been reported that if you have OpenWii installed the update will stop all games from loading. Other modchips do not seem to be affected.
This is my largest post, ever BTW.

By agreeing to Nintendo's terms in the Update, ur telling them "Ok if i have a modchip i allowu to brick my wii" BEWARE

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just made a copy of this and it does work if you need to change the settings of the wiikey for region free,if you have just fitted a wiikeyÂ
biggrin.gif

i'm not asking if it boots the wiikey setup disc, i am asking if you can boot other stuff like freeloader, action replay, other gamecube utilities aswell with it.

Can't you mod your Wii to get the same function as the action replay regarding imports?

my wii is already modded with a wiikey, the reason why i use a action replay to boot the games is because when i boot certain gamecube games without using a action replay a big black border appears on the bottom of the screen and will not go away unless i boot it with the action replay, resident evil 4 pal is the worse, the screen is completely shrinked up letterbox and i cannot see anything at all, as this disc does not work with the new update i cannot update my wii at all, not ever until datel come out with a new version to override this problem, no disc no full screen gaming with gamecube games simple.

oh and animal crossing NTSC WILL NOT boot directly on a PAL wii system i have to use a freeloader for it to boot.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone was asking if the update on a US NTSC console with WiiKey still lets you play online, answer is yes. I don't have mario striker charged but I tested it out with PBR and I was able to connect to NWC with no problems.

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Eventually you need to update as there are updates released in game and i bet there are trying to do the same thing the PSP has , not playing game until you update, just my 2 cents
wink.gif

champ2131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my questions would be: Will the update be mandatory to play future games? And will the Brickblocker prevent any new games with the update on them from updating?

ArjanDotOrg

Trophies
Website
www.arjan.org
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read the whole topic, but I didn't see the following remark (and there are so many replies already, that's remarkable...):

As far as I know the guys at EurAsia.nu have got a Release Candidate 1 of the WiiKey flash update.
When they test this WiiKey flash update on an updated Wii with firmware v3.0, will it work???
That would be a reason for me to perform the Wii firmware-update.

What's your opinion on this?

Kind regards,

Arjan

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the future, some games will require certain firmware, not just try to update you. If you don't have it, then poof, oh well.

OpenWii chips on openwii.org are apparently updating fine. If you are paranoid, it seems removing the chip, then updating, then reinstalling your mod might be the way to go.

I'll wait to update for a little bit though ... thankfully I didn't put my WEP key in after formatting a week ago! I've got an OpenWii, so maybe I'll wait until there's an update for it.

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've read the whole topic, but I didn't see the following remark (and there are so many replies already, that's remarkable...):

As far as I know the guys at EurAsia.nu have got a Release Candidate 1 of the WiiKey flash update.
When they test this WiiKey flash update on an updated Wii with firmware v3.0, will it work???
That would be a reason for me to perform the Wii firmware-update.

What's your opinion on this?

Kind regards,

Arjan

I remarked it, i said i was gonna wait til wiikey updated my chip, then id decide if to update or not to.

Oh wait XD it was on another forum:

necronzero wrote:
My thoughts:

I won't update til wiikey announces whats gonna happen (with the update) or til further tests are made

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody wants their Wiis bricked that's for sure. I strongly recommend that you guys go play a game or something and wait a day or so until it is relatively safe. Even though people confirm mod chips still working, but they didn't do EXTENSIVE testing!! So that means we still don't know what's going to happen tomorrow and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/aKWVCv8uWDI?si=nPoMq7Ga_-qIk09q