Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm really just starting on it, but I'm implementing the right click menus. For them to be useful, I need to allow transfers to be added any currently running queue. I'm caught in two minds about whether to still use the progress panels or have a transfers tab where all the transfers are shown, that really is the main hold up. I know the transfers, or "processes" tab is the best idea, but I'd need to rewrite most of the app. It would be really handy because you could start transferring some files, then decide to add some more to the queue from a drive tab etc. without waiting for the current queue to finish. I think the easiest way for me to tackle it is to rip out the guts of the app and start from an empty shell. It might seem a bit drastic, but it's quicker in the long run, not working round existing code. Anyway, I've been thinking over it for a good few days and still haven't decided. :)

Once that's finished, the plan is to add drag n drop support, so it's possible to drag an ISO from explorer to a WBFS drive etc. and it'll be either transferred straight away or added to the running queue.

I feel that I need to do all this before the database because if I have right click menus to tag games as owned etc. everyone would be wondering why they can't just transfer a highlighted game that way. If the menus are there, they should be usable for everything.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I select any other "Visual Style" other then "Windows" the "files" tab window is solid black cant see game listings.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for silly question, and Im ashamed for confess I havnt updated my WBM in ages (tbh, I dont really have any need).

One feature I'd like though is drag-dropping files into the "Files" field. Would be a lot faster than browsing the directories :P

If this has already been implemented, give me a slap and tell me to update lol.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
One feature I'd like though is drag-dropping files into the "Files" field. Would be a lot faster than browsing the directories :P

If this has already been implemented, give me a slap and tell me to update lol.
Lucif3r,

read the last message from Fig2k4 (3 post above yours)
he mentions that this is the thing he is/will be working on for the next release...

Cheers,
R

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Better late than never?? http://www.wiibackup...bugtracker.html

@Shadow#1
I'm not sure how much I can do about that just now, since it's a new (tightly integrated) feature of Delphi XE2. Are you using Windows XP? I haven't had any problems with Windows 7. I only added the visual styles because it was so quick and easy to do. If it doesn't work for you, it's better to just ignore them for now.

@Lucif3r
I was gonna give you a slap for not reading my post right. lol, Just kidding. :) redia already beat me to the explanation..

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
The wrong folder structure is used for the UsbLoaderGX cover profile. be nice if i could just drag and drop the contents of one folder directly onto the sd.

not that its all that much of a problem since i can just custom assign the directories.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I'll fix that soon. It's just as easy to use the custom folders as you noticed.

Can you post what the structure should be now?

Edit: I've added this as the first issue in the bug tracker to get the ball rolling there. Feel free to add any future problems there and I'll be notified straight away..

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to make this program scan Gamecube isos and download the pictures for them and so use this program as a kind of database (like I use it for my Wii isos/cios)?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Squall Leonhart

According to this site, the GX cover folders should be..

SD:/images/
SD:/images/disc/

That's what WBM uses. To tell WBM to save to that location, you'd set the GX base cover folder to "x:images". The "Sync and download" functions would then work how you want.

You can select whether you want to download the 3D and/or flat covers for the main cover. If both are selected, the 3D cover is downloaded first, if that doesn't exist then the flat cover is used.

@Shadow#1
I'll get a virtual machine set up and test it with XP..
Edit: I should be able to fix this after all. It only happens with the files list, all the others are OK. It'll be something simple once I find it.

@Patryc
Until I can fully support Gamecube games, there's no point allowing them to be loaded on the files list. Like I said before, I do plan it eventually.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the new build all the colors for titles ext.. are blue.

I changed them in the settings menu but it doesnt change them to black like i want.I also restarted the program as well to see if thats what was needed and it was not.

Also another thing i noticed.

For the last few releases i just copy my settings.ini file over from the previous build and use it for the new one so i do not have to change anything.
With this build though it did not recognize any of my settings at all

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@icebrg5
The titles were changed in build 68..
I noticed yesterday that the title renaming wasn't working the way I remember it did, so I've made some changes and fixed a lot too. For example, pressing enter or escape caused an AV and the title was never renamed.. It may be that the bugs I'm seeing now is because I'm running Windows 7 x64.. Anyone got problems actually renaming the titles in 32-bit Windows? Regardless, the next release will have these fixes so it works.

Another change is when the GameTDB/Custom title matches the original title, it's usually shown in black. But I saw yesterday that it's pretty confusing. I was wondering why a game wasn't using the GameTDB title. It turned out that it was using a custom title, but it matched the original so was shown in black. This would've been much clearer if it was shown in the custom title colour, so now it is. It's the same idea with the GameTDB titles. Even if the GameTDB title matches the original title, it uses the GameTDB title colour.

@Lucif3r
I needed to get these fixes out before I start on that. I actually had to revert a lot of code so it works like previous builds, because what I was working on wasn't going to be finished for a little while. Now I need to go back and uncomment and change those parts again to start on it again.. :)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
@Lucif3r
I needed to get these fixes out before I start on that. I actually had to revert a lot of code so it works like previous builds, because what I was working on wasn't going to be finished for a little while. Now I need to go back and uncomment and change those parts again to start on it again.. :)

Ok :P
Looking forward to it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, not for snes either +1