PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
?
but thats exactly what I mean
You can (most likely) copy a .wbfs dual layer game from ntfs to fat32 with windows explorer
because the manager has already split it in the past

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I've tested burned discs using an external DVD drive with uLoader. Because my Wii drive doesn't read backups very well, I couldn't test it any further.

Single layer discs should work OK. If you try it, I'd like to hear your results.

RjT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of adding an option to the database of games to flag games that you currently have on a/any drive as green or a simple tick or similar?

I only downloaded the database after transferring some new games so apologies if it is already a feature :)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys

I need help. I have a Green Power HDD WD30EURS and have tried everything to work with the Wii. I format 3tbb hdd with GPT Table and USB Loader and CFG dont recognize. I try to format the HDD with WBM but when i choose the drive, WBM recognize only 746 GB and i only put in this case 500 games. If anyone can help please a noob description so that I can do this HDD work. I try to use GPARTED to make only one big drive but the program does not allow.

Thanks in advance!!!

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys

I need help. I have a Green Power HDD WD30EURS and have tried everything to work with the Wii. I format 3tbb hdd with GPT Table and USB Loader and CFG dont recognize. I try to format the HDD with WBM but when i choose the drive, WBM recognize only 746 GB and i only put in this case 500 games. If anyone can help please a noob description so that I can do this HDD work. I try to use GPARTED to make only one big drive but the program does not allow.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ugh, get yourself something without the green crippling issues.
those drives die fast because of their aggressive head parking and spindowns and have all sorts of latency issues that can invoke a freeze in the console.

thepregnantgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to download Wii Backup Manager WITHOUT using ilivid? I do not want / will not install a download manager. Is there a link to the file directly? I have no problem clicking on some ads (as I have to do through adfocus.com) but I'd prefer a download to the file, not a download to a download to the file.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sorry for the sarcasm, but I love this site. :)

http://bit.ly/xTaw30

BTW, I have no affiliation with iLivid (Those guys must have more money than sense, with the amount of ads people seem to be seeing). If you read the instructions, you'd know you just have click the skip button after 5 seconds. There's loads of post over the past few pages discussing it. All I'm asking for is 5 seconds of your time, not to download or click anything other than that 1 skip button..

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
637 clicks and 412 attempts later I actually managed to get to one of the dl sites for the newest version...
It's not as easy as you say, 'Click the skip button'... I had to quite literally try over and over because it kept taking me to a countdown page with ilivid dl manager, and no skip button at top or anywhere else, FYI. I was beginning to think it was some kind of joke...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dravial, this is no joke, just checked it myself..

In the top/right corner you should see a countdown for about 5-10 secs. and then a grey button that says skip appears...if you click that you go straight to the download site.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dravial, this is no joke, just checked it myself..

In the top/right corner you should see a countdown for about 5-10 secs. and then a grey button that says skip appears...if you click that you go straight to the download site.

just to confirm here are a couple of screenshots
#########################################################
the counter starts (on the far right)
.​
.​
gallery_119523_154_18774.png

.​
.​
.​
.​
Keeps on going
.​
.​
.​

gallery_119523_154_2719.png

.​
.​
.​
.​
look for the skip button on the far right
.​
.​
.​

gallery_119523_154_22098.png

Cheers,
R

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fig2k:

Would you be interested in adding verification of full ISO's against the redump.org database?
I don't know if it falls within your focus but I believe it would be a really cool addition to WBM.
It could generate an md5 hash and compare it to that of the database, like CleanRip does.

Just a suggestion.

Regards.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Fig2k:

Would you be interested in adding verification of full ISO's against the redump.org database?
I don't know if it falls within your focus but I believe it would be a really cool addition to WBM.
It could generate an md5 hash and compare it to that of the database, like CleanRip does.

Just a suggestion.

Regards.
Does it make sense?
The recommended kind of saving is in scrubbed mode. And this makes every checksum invalid.

If ever, we should think about an own data base for scrubbed images and therefor we need well defined rules about the different kinds of scrubbing.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it make sense?
The recommended kind of saving is in scrubbed mode. And this makes every checksum invalid.

If ever, we should think about an own data base for scrubbed images and therefor we need well defined rules about the different kinds of scrubbing.
I don't see why it would not make sense. When you dump a disc, the only way to verify if the source ISO is perfect is against other dumps of the same disc. I don't know that all image management apps generate wbfs files or scrubbed ISO's in the same exact way, thus producing the same checksum, but you are the expert there. I completely agree that ultimately we would need a wbfs or scrubbed ISO database to save us the intermediate step of having to verify the ISO, but it can't hurt to have extra functionality, if fig2k were interested in it. That "if" is the key, as there would be no point for him to implement something he doesn't care about.

By the way, I look forward to your next MKF distribution; I find this to be the most exciting mods for the Wii. Torran's Mushroom Bridge is a thing of beauty. I hope he continues porting GCN tracks.

Regards.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
When you dump a disc, the only way to verify if the source ISO is perfect is against other dumps of the same disc.
I never have a complete dump, it's waste of space. I always have scrubbed dumps, so this kind of checksums make no sense for me.

Another way to verify is to use the internal check sums. This covers the not the whole disc, because the disc header (first 320 KiB) and the holes between partitions have no checksums. This works for the different kinds of scrubbing. I use it always to verify my images.

An how are built check sums for other discs/DVDs in the PC world?
Checksums are always calculated for files or for used sectors, never for unused. I think to create a checksum over a complete image is a relict of the time, where we (the developer) hadn't info about the harmless scrubbing and how to verify images with the internal check sums.

That's all my personal meaning ...

EDIT/CORRECTION:
The disc header is 320 KiB, but not only 160 KiB.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I think the SHA-1 hash verification is a better idea. If every "used" file can be successfully decrypted and the headers etc. are in tact, the game should be 100% playable. Since most people store scrubbed games, it makes more sense to use a verification method that doesn't rely on having the full unscrubbed image. It also means that any disc can be checked on-the-fly without the need for storing a list of valid hashes or any kind of pre-calculation.

I've never really been interested in using full disc images. I haven't even coded a 1:1 copy mode that exists in libWBFS because I don't see any point to keeping the junk data. I hope that doesn't come across as harsh or whatever, it's just always been my opinion, even before I started with WBM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ