Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DbGt said:
coolbho3000 said:
DbGt said:
If i format my wii, can i install the HB channel using the Tw hack?
No. Not with New and Improved 3.3.

I thought that if i format the wii, i would have the first firmware available...... so then formatting does not applies to the firmware? =S

In another topic someone said that he tried formating but that didnt work, the firmware remained the same.

So i recommend u doing the same as me, not updating, i really dont care if i never update my wii again, all they release on these firmware updates are crap, and the way it is i can play everygame i want, since i use an older modchip which doesnt fix error 001, so i have to trucha sign every game with the error, and i would have no problem brickblocking them from now on as well.

About piracy and stuff, i have some original games, even some original vc games, but i download some others, cause they are so overpriced, i still own the old donkey kong country so i didnt pay 8 bucks to play each one again on my wii, but with twilight hack i just installed the wads, if they were priced fairly i would think about buying, same thing with pokemon ranch that i donwloaded the other day, its total crap, i just wanted to get a mew since there is no other way to get it, i'm certainly not paying 10 dollars for it, since i have the original copy of pokemon diamond, i should be able to get every pokemon the game offers right? wrong, i have to buy that crap. So i'm not ashamed of downloading many games, and i'll keep doing so just by not doing any update, at least until there is an easy way to install and play everything i can play now.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DbGt said:
coolbho3000 said:
DbGt said:

I thought that if i format the wii, i would have the first firmware available...... so then formatting does not applies to the firmware? =S
Formatting the system only formats user data (mii's, shop id, channels, and game saves)

bennydigital

Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
United States
my question is why the hell are all these people downloading this update?
It tells you it's going to get rid of modified save files.
Is the Mii parade that cool?
Am I missing out on the awesomeness of the wii parade?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
bennydigital said:
Mii Parade is shit.

Heishiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bennydigital said:

u're missing TEH killer app for the wii, u can have weeks of fun
rolleyes.gif

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, less than a few days...Bushing has fixed the Twilight Princess hack fix already - only took him 6-8 hours apparently. I can't see it being a problem anyway, after all Brick Blocker, Trucha Signer, Freeloader and the Twilight Princess hack work fine as long as you don't update. So as long as you haven't updated your console there's nowt to worry about.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
lol to everyone who kept saying nintendo wouldn't fix it..

hackbroken.jpg

Obviously they were going to. They've done what I predicted they would, too. If anyone feels like digging through all my posts to find said past statement, feel free

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
littlestevie said:
DbGt said:
coolbho3000 said:
DbGt said:

Formatting the system only formats user data (mii's, shop id, channels, and game saves)

Formatting doesn't affect the shop, I've formatted loads of times and can still re-download the stuff I've purchased.

It removes some sort of update because I updated to the latest 3.2 before this new update and I could boot Okami but after I formatted, Okami now wants to update every time I put it in, I just use freeloader now to bypass it but I didn't have to do that before the format.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just want to thank imgod22222 for the brilliant an informative first post. Really nice to have all that info presented straight up on the first post and I agree completely with the sentiments on staying out of the way of people actually working on the problem.
Well written and maintained as well as making some important points.

Nice work and a big
hrth.gif
for you.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shtonkalot said:
Just want to thank imgod22222 for the brilliant an informative first post. Really nice to have all that info presented straight up on the first post and I agree completely with the sentiments on staying out of the way of people actually working on the problem.
Well written and maintained as well as making some important points.

Nice work and a big
hrth.gif
for you.

Agreed. The rest of the thread was junk apart from the odd post here and there (I saw one American who was informing people on a few different things... sorry I didn't catch your name) but yes, very informative post.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno why but I don't get a message about 3.3. I was playing Mario Kart Wii online like 3 hours and nothing....and I have 3.2 still.
unsure.gif
I was going to trash this message
cry.gif
cry.gif
I want to trash it! Stupid message board.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
I dunno why but I don't get a message about 3.3. I was playing Mario Kart Wii online like 3 hours and nothing....and I have 3.2 still.
unsure.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

You don't get updated if you play online, you must fist accept to update. The only ways to update is via the message in the message board or in the wii settings when you click update.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
skawo96 said:
unsure.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

You don't get updated if you play online, you must fist accept to update. The only ways to update is via the message in the message board or in the wii settings when you click update.
Blah, no. I know it will don't update without accepting, but it don't show an message from nintendo. Just like there is no update. I had an information about 3.2 some time ago (Nintendo channel), but no info about 3.3 now and thats strange, because the three hours of mario kart is enough (previously did)

So I don't receive an message, just that. And I will 'fix' an previous po...or maybe not. I'm too lazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill