Wii #2018 - Monster Hunter Tri (USA)

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:
YEEEEES geting this now. the problem is my wii is 4.2 i think and its softmodded. alot of people have trouble loading games from usb like red steel 2, green screen etc but all mine have worked fine. should this work ok for me or will i definately need to do some fixes? i use usbloader and im not sure what ios i use.
Same goes for me. Everytime I see ppl having touble here, I get the game and it works perfect for me. I am hoping that the same will happen for this game. I only had problems with one game and that was Wii Sports Resort. And that was fixed with the online update to usbloader gx. Only way to find out is to get a copy and try for yourself. I still have 20 mins on my download but I will tell you how it goes for me.

Wii= 4.2u (official)
cIOS= cIOS 38 v14
Launcher I use=uloader or usbloader gx

Nice one. yeah let me know how it goes, Not even halfway downloaded here. im soo hyped for this, but not so much once my girlfriend sees it. man she was on her ds for months with phantasy star, theres noway shes having my wii lol.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintyfreak said:
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:
YEEEEES geting this now. the problem is my wii is 4.2 i think and its softmodded. alot of people have trouble loading games from usb like red steel 2, green screen etc but all mine have worked fine. should this work ok for me or will i definately need to do some fixes? i use usbloader and im not sure what ios i use.
Same goes for me. Everytime I see ppl having touble here, I get the game and it works perfect for me. I am hoping that the same will happen for this game. I only had problems with one game and that was Wii Sports Resort. And that was fixed with the online update to usbloader gx. Only way to find out is to get a copy and try for yourself. I still have 20 mins on my download but I will tell you how it goes for me.

Wii= 4.2u (official)
cIOS= cIOS 38 v14

Nice one. yeah let me know how it goes, Not even halfway downloaded here. im soo hyped for this, but not so much once my girlfriend sees it. man she was on her ds for months with phantasy star, theres noway shes having my wii lol.
Okay the verdict is......game boots up fine. Intro plays fine. When I go to start game it just hangs and buzzes.........still trying to get past the buzzing upon trying to start a game....
update: got it to work. Just had to switch from using Hermes cios 222 v5 to Hermes cios 222 v4 37 merged with 38

charliebrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this for about an hour last night after finally getting it to work right.

I had to update to cIOS249 rev19 and Hermes V4 first, and I had to use... uumm... damn it! I don't remember if it was 222 or 223 with Configurable USB Loader. One gave me a black screen, and the other one worked fine. >_< If I could check for you right now, I would. Anyway, it works with 249 rev 19 and hermes v4

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried the game a bit, i created a char, and saved my game and loaded the save, everything so far works perfectly

-I am on firmware 4.0E (custom firmware, but i forgot how i got it)
-I also have a first generation wiikey , forgot what version i updated it too, but i bet its the last one
-though i load the game with Gecko OS V 1.9.3.1
-burned the disc with imgburn x4 speed
-no clue what ciso or whatever its called i use

when I experience a freese in the game, i will update this post

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guardian_457 said:
i wish it had multiplayer that didn't involve friend codes =( or at least being able to play on 1 Wii

This game doesnt have friend codes, its using Capcom's own servers. You will be able to play randomly with anyone and even add them to your friendlist.
And there is an arena mode wich supports local 2p, where you can fight big monster for for special loot, which you wouldnt get elsewhere in the game.
Just dont forget to add monsters in the singleplayer to your monster list, so you unlock more monsters in the arena mode.

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:

Wii= 4.2u (official)
cIOS= cIOS 38 v14

Okay the verdict is......game boots up fine. Intro plays fine. When I go to start game it just hangs and buzzes.........still trying to get past the buzzing upon trying to start a game....
update: got it to work. Just had to switch from using Hermes cios 222 v5 to Hermes cios 222 v4 37 merged with 38

Thanks for the info but i gotta say craaapppp. im not very good at messing around with the cios and all that stuff. dont even know how to do it. i was soo scarred softmodding i read the tutorial like 20 times.
biggrin.gif

Also if this game doesnt require friend codes. can you use wiispeak with anyone? or do they need to be on your capcom friend list?

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintyfreak said:
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:

Wii= 4.2u (official)
cIOS= cIOS 38 v14

Thanks for the info but i gotta say craaapppp. im not very good at messing around with the cios and all that stuff. dont even know how to do it. i was soo scarred softmodding i read the tutorial like 20 times.
biggrin.gif

Also if this game doesnt require friend codes. can you use wiispeak with anyone? or do they need to be on your capcom friend list?
Well currently no one knows since the servers are down til the 19th ,atleast that is what it says when you try to go online.
Untitled82.jpg

But 9 times out of 10 if there is no friendcodes then you just meet up with ppl in the city and chat to them and then form parties in the city then venture off to kill (similar to PSO). As far as Wiispeak goes, I doubt it since they didnt make reference to it before the release so probably not. But I think you can use a usb keyboard to communicate.

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
Well currently no one knows since the servers are down til the 19th ,atleast that is what it says when you try to go online.
Untitled82.jpg

But 9 times out of 10 if there is no friendcodes then you just meet up with ppl in the city and chat to them and then form parties in the city then venture off to kill (similar to PSO). As far as Wiispeak goes, I doubt it since they didnt make reference to it before the release so probably not. But I think you can use a usb keyboard to communicate.
[/quote]

The game does feature wiispeak i know that much, just not sure if you need to be friends lol

In the uk the wiispeak accesorie is even sold as part of the bundle.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintyfreak said:
The game does feature wiispeak i know that much, just not sure if you need to be friends lol

In the uk the wiispeak accessorie is even sold as part of the bundle.
Cool! Nice to know....-_- now to go out and get a WiiSpeak...xD

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:

Also not that i normally follow reviews but apparently, the only real way to play this is using the classic controller.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintyfreak said:
silkyskeeter said:
nintyfreak said:

Also not that i normally follow reviews but apparently, the only real way to play this is using the classic controller.
@_@ you can play it with the WiiMote and nunchuck.....but, just by personal preference, I like it better with the classic controller.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is horse shit!!!! Jailed did NOT release the first copy, and should be discredited with this release!!!! Rambo87 had it posted on [Don't name ROM/ISO sites -mthr] unscrubbed and in 100% working order at least 6 hours before it ever hit the scene!!!!

The scene failed this time, and the release groups need to own up to that and stop being babies about it!!!!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lightyear said:
This is horse shit!!!! Jailed did NOT release the first copy, and should be discredited with this release!!!! Rambo87 had it posted on [Don't name ROM/ISO sites -mthr] unscrubbed and in 100% working order at least 6 hours before it ever hit the scene!!!!

The scene failed this time, and the release groups need to own up to that and stop being babies about it!!!!
OOOOKAAAYYY..... You do realise no one cares but you right?

B-Blue

slut
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
lightyear said:
This is horse shit!!!! Jailed did NOT release the first copy, and should be discredited with this release!!!! Rambo87 had it posted on bleh unscrubbed and in 100% working order at least 6 hours before it ever hit the scene!!!!

It's not about who released it first.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
lightyear said:
This is horse shit!!!! Jailed did NOT release the first copy, and should be discredited with this release!!!! Rambo87 had it posted on **** unscrubbed and in 100% working order at least 6 hours before it ever hit the scene!!!!

Releases uploaded on filesharing sites by some guy don't count as an official scene release, sorry.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, quit crying over scene releases. No one gives two shits about who releases it except for those who want to stroke their e-peen. I don't even know who dumped what releases I download; I just download them. In the end it's all about giving free games to the public, and how that's done shouldn't matter in the end.

Well, anyway, it froze for me with USB Loader GX and Hermes cIOS 222. CBA to try the methods of fixing it here, I might as well just go play Xbox instead.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rauthelegendary said:
Been playing it for half a hour, which is enough time to see that the Wii-mote controls really suck. I'm going to order a classic controller pro.

I just got the cc pro 2 days ago extra for this game, such an good controller, fits so well in my hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/eQZnbv5zc3w?si=I8MBUZfEnkZpwccJ