Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
This thread is retarded, the guy who made brickblocker has no ideas of protections and cannot do anything to help for a start. Its going to have to be more than just a patch most likely considering the executable cannot be modified.

tgc_9013

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Holy sh*t, 312 users reading this topic
blink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone tried running it on a d2ckey?
that chip claims to be far more stealthy than the older generation of chips

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it actually does detect the chip, but not the way you think it does. it can't detect the chip when you run a retail game, since the chip is simply not active at that time, but it becomes active if you run a backup. the code in SMG can detect the chip at this time.

keep in mind that there can't be a new copy protection scheme on the disc itself since these images were dumped by an actual Wii drive, so if there was a new copy protection, that drive should be able to read it as well (since it does the same when you actually play the game).

a new firmware for the chips will probably solve this, they did the same with the 360. if it really is a new protection that will be cracked without a doubt. what i'm afraid of is if nintendo decided to ban people from WiFi for having chips, like MS does. that would mean no SSBB online for me
mad.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't care about Nintendo banning us from wifi, I have no interest in playing online whatsoever.
I just want my games to run

Shinoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everyone who is not going to buy Supersmashbrother is gay and have no friends, because this is a MUST BUY game

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone who is not going to buy Supersmashbrother is gay and have no friends, because this is a MUST BUY game
you don't seem to understand what i'm saying. they're detecting the chips, so it doesn't matter if you have the retail version of SSBB, you wouldn't be able to play it online if they banned you from WiFi because you played some retarded game once with the chip on.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a lot of viewers! but sorry.. no solution yet.. ''Mmkay people, nothing to see here''

Shinoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@xflash

mate i know that isnt supersmash brothers
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

@tbyte
What i mean is, if you buy it they dont ban you. and all who are not going to buy the game, are gay and should be banned cause i think a game like supersmashbrother and mario galaxy should be buyed!

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ever tried a backup of a kiosk game before? Might be handy to compare the results with this.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

you don't seem to understand what i'm saying. they're detecting the chips, so it doesn't matter if you have the retail version of SSBB, you wouldn't be able to play it online if they banned you from WiFi because you played some retarded game once with the chip on.
They can't detect chips, they detect that it's burned. lurk more.

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@xflash

mate i know that isnt supersmash brothersÂ
biggrin.gif
Â
wink.gif

@tbyte
What i mean is, if you buy it they dont ban you. and all who are not going to buy the game, are gay and should be banned cause i think a game like supersmashbrother and mario galaxy should be buyed!
true, but what i'm saying is, if you play a game online with the chip on, any game, and they ban you from WiFi, it doesn't matter if you actually buy SSBB, you won't be able to play it online, even with the retail version. this is the same shit that they did with 360, and now people who are banned can't connect to XBL, even if they have retail games and pay the subscription fee.

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

false, read my original post. they can't detect the discs.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
protection on consolegames wow that's new! Nintendo is doing a great job if this is real. Stuff like this keeps it fun to be a pirate but it will get cracked probably soon.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

If they could detect chips they couldn't run real SMG on modded wii.
sleep.gif
And wiis chips are drive chips, they can't really be detected = you cannot be banned because of that. xbox360 has custom dvd drive firmwares adn modchips are probably different from wiis. dunno because i don't own x360.

In smg it checks the discs somehow and assumes that you have modded wii, because something is not right. so you'll get blaablaa unauthorized device error thing.

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sleep.gif
And wiis chips are drive chips, they can't really be detected = you cannot be banned because of that. xbox360 has custom dvd drive firmwares adn modchips are probably different from wiis. dunno because i don't own x360.

In smg it checks the discs somehow and assumes that you have modded wii, because something is not right. so you'll get blaablaa unauthorized device error thing.
yes they could. again, read my original post. when you run a retail game, the chip is not active. they obviously can't detect it if it's not active. but when you run a backup, the chip becomes active. it's easy to detect it at that time.

this is what i'm hoping for as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down...