jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
mariogalaxy001.jpg

another one, this could probably mean that if nintendo choose to use this protection for new games in the future we may have to buy new modchips that have brand new hardware to counteract this, and that's the last thing i need.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
The question, as I see it, comes down to 'what does the unauthorised message actually mean'?

Everyone has assumed it's a mod-chip message instead of a 'not running on a kiosk' message.

Reason I suggest this is, if I were Nintendo, I would want to have a method whereby if anyone copied a kiosk game it would not run on a non-kiosk WII. This would e above and beyond the normal disc protection (CAV to CLV?)

It's just funny how it would be on this title and not on, say, Metroid Prime European release.

Interesting times.

kknn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This had to happen sooner or later.

You are all ignoring the fact that all modchips ARE EASILY DETECTABLE, in spite of what most modchip websites tell you.
It is actually very easy to do so, so i would bet it just detects the modchip and refuses to run.
That explains the unauthorized device error. It detects a modified drive's firmware.

("stealth mode/undetectable"means the wiikey/wiinja/etc.. people didn't include a feature to detect the modchip.)

so this is probably a perfectly good dump.

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a perfectly good dump, but this means that we have to figure out how to rip it in a new way (or) modify the dump itself so that it runs. Note that the actual copy runs perfectly on a modded Wii, as reiterated MANY times already.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
There is, of course, the simplest of theories.....
Nintendo have used a dual layer disc and check for that.

bleh1245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You guys missed a pretty okay pre for pal people in this mess (ntsc did not load on pal wii's)
330 Avatar_The_Burning_Earth_PAL_Wii-WiiERD
English French German Dutch.

And tbh I am happy this happens this game deserves the sales. So stop whining that you can't play this 3 weeks in advance.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mariogalaxy001.jpg

another one, this could probably mean that if nintendo choose to use this protection for new games in the future we may have to buy new modchips that have brand new hardware to counteract this, and that's the last thing i need.

Ahoh I smell a problem, i remember that firmware update which warned you about modified systems.. i guess this is the execution of their act against modded wii's.. I think this isn't a small problem... this is pretty sirious!
ohmy.gif

beefkeek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its so funny to see people with next to no knowledge about the workings of modchips freak out and announce the end of pirating.
It'll be fixed eventually. Remember Super Paper Mario? OMG! MODCHIPS ARE DOOMED!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ahoh I smell a problem, i remember that firmware update which warned you about modified systems.. i guess this is the execution of their act against modded wii's.. I think this isn't a small problem... this is pretty sirious!Â
ohmy.gif

it could be.... like i said before if it gets too serious and renders the current modchips useless we would either have to wait until a new generation of modchip comes out or we get custom firmware to download to ours wiis, somehow.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You guys missed a pretty okay pre for pal people in this mess (ntsc did not load on pal wii's)
330 Avatar_The_Burning_Earth_PAL_Wii-WiiERD
English French German Dutch.

I did post it but it has errored in the database. If you look at the Mario number and the Monster Trux number you can see they are numbered correctly to include Avatar between them.
Small bug in the RMC were working on it
wink.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Its so funny to see people with next to no knowledge about the workings of modchips freak out and announce the end of pirating.
It'll be fixed eventually. Remember Super Paper Mario? OMG! MODCHIPS ARE DOOMED!

how much do you wanna bet? metroid prime 3 had problems with the update being removed, when people tried to contact the creator of wiibrickblocker they didn't seem to care or want to update their program to fix these problems, don't expect a fix anytime soon.

kknn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a perfectly good dump, but this means that we have to figure out how to rip it in a new way (or) modify the dump itself so that it runs. Note that the actual copy runs perfectly on a modded Wii, as reiterated MANY times already.

Nope, if they built in some sort of check, which is the most probable thing so far, you would have to patch the code inside the disk,
but since it is encrypted you wont be able to do that for now.

DAMN, WHERE IS WII HOMEBREW when wee need it?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Once it is in my local video shop i will just hire it and use soft dev sd-dvd utility to back up.
Maybe that will work as it will copy exactly what has to be read.

Cheers Shane

[-MojoJojo-]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The question, as I see it, comes down to 'what does the unauthorised message actually mean'?

Everyone has assumed it's a mod-chip message instead of a 'not running on a kiosk' message.

Reason I suggest this is, if I were Nintendo, I would want to have a method whereby if anyone copied a kiosk game it would not run on a non-kiosk WII. This would e above and beyond the normal disc protection (CAV to CLV?)

It's just funny how it would be on this title and not on, say, Metroid Prime European release.

Interesting times.
Exactly what I was thinking. This all is pure speculation. Untill there is a dump from a retail version (for sure...when it hits the streets), we do not now anything for sure. Just wait and see...
lecture.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

how much do you wanna bet? metroid prime 3 had problems with the update being removed, when people tried to contact the creator of wiibrickblocker they didn't seem to care or want to update their program to fix these problems, don't expect a fix anytime soon.
metroid already worked perfectly fine on native regions. cross-region alone is not enough reason perhaps, but not being able to run a game natively would for people to try.

Anyway people, stop freaking out. It's either a fake / demodisc or it has a copy protection like PC games have had for YEARS now (checking specific sectors, stuff like that).
Sit tight until the official release and then draw conclusions, not now.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country

Nope, if they built in some sort of check, which is the most probable thing so far, you would have to patch the code inside the disk,
but since it is encrypted you wont be able to do that for now.

DAMN, WHERE IS WII HOMEBREW when wee need it?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Well a program came out to remove the update system that some games had, so surly if it is a program on the dvd that checks for a mod chip etc, then it will only be a matter of time before a program is released to remove this from the dvd aswell???

This is a long shot, but has anyone tried changing the Wii System date foward to when the game is actually released?

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blocking chipped Wiis would be a really stupid move from Nintendo.

First of all, Wii does not have that many games. Only ones worth buying are from N itself and in case some unhyped pearl slips out from previously unheard 3rd party developer, the ones to create anticipation will be people with modded Wiis.

Nintendo is not losing money from people with modded machines and they know it. If one plays a burnt game, it does not mean he/she is going to buy it. (Especially not with european prices.) Wii is doing great selling accessories. Hell, even being as cheap as I am, I have two wiimotes, two nunchucks, one classic controller, a Wavebird, GC memory card, couple of VC games and Wii itself (a la paperweight), that I paid friggin 400$ for.
Instead of allowing me to get one game a year and letting Wii collect dust for 11 months after I finish it, N would rather allow me to play burnt games and sell pricy VC crap on every opportunity they see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it