Hardware Wierd Wii Remote

AngryGeek416

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok i have both a Wii & a Wii U connected to my TV both have one Wiimote synched to each but only the Wii U has a sensor bar attached...this is my question how is my Wiimote still working on my Wii when the sensor bar is plugged into my Wii U? they both work just fine it just doesn't make sense to me please someone explain this. Obviously it's a good thing i'm just curious as to how this is happening?

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have both a Wii & a Wii U connected to my TV both have one Wiimote synched to each but only the Wii U has a sensor bar attached...this is my question how is my Wiimote still working on my Wii when the sensor bar is plugged into my Wii U? they both work just fine it just doesn't make sense to me please someone explain this. Obviously it's a good thing i'm just curious as to how this is happening?

Because the sensor bar only needs power to it to work. It's the same as how you can use a sensor for the Dolphin emulator that is plugged in and powered by the Wii.

You should edit your title to weird instead of wierd.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the sensor bar just give off infrared light that the wiimote pickup
its really just some infrared leds in a plastic bar/shell
hell you can use 2 candles and the wii motes will still work.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sensor bar doesn't sense anything, it is merely a powered infrared LED.

Wiimote works exactly the opposite of PS Move controller. Wiimote has internal camera that captures the movement of infrared LED to derive motion. PS Move controller has USB camera that captures the movement of glowing orb on PS Move controller to derive motion.

You don't even need sensor bar. Try lighting two candles and place them bottom left and bottom right of the TV.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sensor bar just give off infrared light that the wiimote pickup
its really just some infrared leds in a plastic bar/shell
hell you can use 2 candles and the wii motes will still work.

I always find it funny that the "Sensor Bar" isn't a sensor at all.

Though this does prompt a question out of me on this, is the sensor bar port on the Wii or WiiU hot (as in always powered)? Or, OP, are you leaving your WiiU turned on all the time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1