Why so much hate to the #ProudToBe video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Australia, nobody cares about them.
Only purpose they serve is being an island for banished European criminals ;o;

Oh really, thats funny, because all those banished european criminals worked their asses off for 220 years to make Australia the second best country in the world, behind Norway according to the Human Development Index ;)

And by the way, only 22% of modern Day Australians trace their heritage back to the convicts ;)

Last edited by Deleted member 333767, , Reason: Spelling
Reactions: Xiphiidae

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh really, thats funny, because all those banished european criminals worked their asses off for 220 years to make Australia the best country in the world, behind Norway according to the Human Development Index ;)

And by the way, only 22% of modern Day Australians trace their heritage back to the convicts ;)

Why did you take that seriously...

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what gender your consider yourself to be or your sexual preference, but that should not be something to be used as self entitlement. Bashing people whose opinions are a little different and automatically labeling them as "haters" is not a good way to show your pride. I have gay friends, and I have straight friends, and they all find this video to be cringe-worthy or unnecessary, though personally I don't really have an opinion as it is not relevant to me. I would like to emphasize that I do not hate gay people or transgenders or anyone along those lines, but I do heavily dislike narcissistic self absorbed hive minds who think they're fighting for their rights, but are actually only inciting more hate and drama towards themselves and to other people.

Regarding the video, the dislikes may be coming from people who disagree, but it could also be directed towards YouTube, who are actively censoring the comments and deleting all of the ones that don't agree with this video. I use a chrome extension that replaces the YouTube comments section with reddit comments, and from what I've seen in a thread in the LGBTeens subreddit, some like the video, some hate it, but they all seem to agree that the censorship is not fair.

Last edited by Zerousen,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what gender your consider yourself to be or your sexual preference, but that should not be something to be used as self entitlement. Bashing people whose opinions are a little different and automatically labeling them as "haters" is not a good way to show your pride. I have gay friends, and I have straight friends, and they all find this video to be cringe-worthy and unnecessary, though personally I don't really have an opinion as it is not relevant to me. I would like to emphasize that I do not hate gay people or transgenders or anyone along those lines, but I do heavily dislike narcissistic self absorbed hive minds who think they're fighting for their rights, but are actually only inciting more hate and drama towards themselves and to other people.

Regarding the video, the dislikes may be coming from people who disagree, but it could also be directed towards YouTube, who are actively censoring the comments and deleting all of the ones that don't agree with this video. I use a chrome extension that replaces the YouTube comments section with reddit comments, and from what I've seen in a thread in the LGBTeens subreddit, some like the video, some hate it, but they all seem to agree that the censorship is not fair.
Exactly just be gay you don't need to be an oppressed special little snow flake with some special sexuality.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If people want to be homosexual/trans/transracial(idk if that's a word but eh) then let them be.
"everyone says i look similar to the people around me, that i look tall, pale and swedish, yet when i look in the mirror i see a short, dark skinned peruvian, my family don't accept me as south american and i'm not sure what to do, people make fun of me and shout 'HOLA' in the street when i wear the native peruvian clothes i feel comfortable in.
i came out to my best friend a few weeks ago and she told me she had known for years, ever since i started eating guacamole with everything. that gave me the confidence to tell my parents, yet they laughed in my face and thought i was joking, i'm scared to bring the subject up again :(
i wish more people were accepting of transracial people..."

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't care what gender your consider yourself to be or your sexual preference, but that should not be something to be used as self entitlement. Bashing people whose opinions are a little different and automatically labeling them as "haters" is not a good way to show your pride. I have gay friends, and I have straight friends, and they all find this video to be cringe-y or unnecessary, though personally I don't really have an opinion as it is not relevant to me. I would like to emphasize that I do not hate gay people or transgenders or anyone along those lines, but I do heavily dislike narcissistic self absorbed hive minds who think they're fighting for their rights, but are actually only inciting more hate and drama towards themselves and to other people.

There is a big difference between disagreeing and hate, which is something we as a society have already forgotten.
And the video isn't perfect and is rather pandering, but Youtube is trying. They are trying to show something positive and trying to be uplifting, especially in light of the Orlando shooting. They just executed it poorly, which is no shock considering the rest of their videos are pretty meh, regardless of the topic.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

IAmLeggings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"everyone says i look similar to the people around me, that i look tall, pale and swedish, yet when i look in the mirror i see a short, dark skinned peruvian, my family don't accept me as south american and i'm not sure what to do, people make fun of me and shout 'HOLA' in the street when i wear the native peruvian clothes i feel comfortable in.
i came out to my best friend a few weeks ago and she told me she had known for years, ever since i started eating guacamole with everything. that gave me the confidence to tell my parents, yet they laughed in my face and thought i was joking, i'm scared to bring the subject up again :(
i wish more people were accepting of transracial people..."

I'm not sure if that's satire, but either way I chuckled shamelessly.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a big difference between disagreeing and hate, which is something we as a society have already forgotten.
And the video isn't perfect and is rather pandering, but Youtube is trying. They are trying to show something positive and trying to be uplifting, especially in light of the Orlando shooting. They just executed it poorly, which is no shock considering the rest of their videos are pretty meh, regardless of the topic.
Oops I tried making a cake and burnt it so let me put frosting and sprinkles to make it pretty please eat it and say it tastes good and if you don't agree YOUR MISOGYNISTIC ANTI PANSEXUAL RAPIST!

I'm not sure if that's satire, but either way I chuckled shamelessly.
He was serious and thats how most people view this

Seriously! Stop flaming! -Ska

Reactions: Xiphiidae

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I personally think the binary gender system is completely outdated now.
there're even biological cases to proof this.
For instance intersexuality. When one individual has male chromosomes but develops female genitals or both types of genitals.
Yes, there are only 2 types of chromosomes. But a human's individual identity is more important. No matter if one identifies as male but born with a female body, someone identifies as bigender or an attack helicopter.
Also saying that such people have a mental disorder is bullshit. they have found their identity, so calling them mental sick is simply obtuse.

EDIT: the human kind is not the only one that knows transsexuality. there're plenty of such cases being documented on different species. Consider the fact that some animals are even able to change their gender (clown fish)

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oops I tried making a cake and burnt it so let me put frosting and sprinkles to make it pretty please eat it and say it tastes good and if you don't agree YOUR MISOGYNISTIC ANTI PANSEXUAL RAPIST!
Your comment has little to nothing to do with my comment and only proves that you are basically here to argue.
Give it a few years and it will be.
Next up, transspecies and after that, transterrestrial.
Please don't, there's actual science that proves transgender is a real thing and not a mental disorder. Making up something like "transracial," will just hinder progress more.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For instance intersexuality. When one individual has male chromosomes but develops female genitals or both types of genitals.
Yes, there are only 2 types of chromosomes. But a human's individual identity is more important. No matter if one identifies as male but born with a female body, someone identifies as bigender or an attack helicopter.
Also saying that such people have a mental disorder is bullshit. they have found their identity, so calling them mental sick is simply obtuse
That's what most people have a problem with you can't "identify" as something you aren't your not half pony or werewolf your just gay and and a mental disorder which makes you attracted to dogs and horses.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
That's what most people have a problem with you can't "identify" as something you aren't your not half pony or werewolf your just gay and and a mental disorder which makes you attracted to dogs and horses.
My comment was about sexual identity. Not identifying as an animal/object in general

IAmLeggings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also saying that such people have a mental disorder is bullshit. they have found their identity, so calling them mental sick is simply obtuse.

EDIT: the human kind is not the only one that knows transsexuality. there're plenty of such cases being documented on different species. Consider the fact that some animals are even able to change their gender (clown fish)

Metal sickness no. I would say it's a disorder, but that's only because it is by definition out of the ordinary. That however does not mean that it's changeable, or that we should try to change it.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge