Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The simple fact is, they where more than likely sent from the factory bent than the heat from the dock actively doing it.
See, now THIS is speculation and rumors.

You could be right, though. No definitive factor in this particular case. However, my first switch started bending about 3 weeks in. I had an OCD moment when I bought it, so I measured and checked everything. Thought nothing of it as I sent it in for a different problem.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why hasn't every switch that's been played in dock mode bent

Unless your saying the switch gets hot enough to bend plastic.. at that point, the switch wouldn't be the only thing bent, the dock would be too and even touching it would burn your hand.

View attachment 111729
That diagram shows PVC. You do realize there are different types of plastics that handle heat differently. There are also things called defects that can lower the heat a plastic can handle. And I almost exclusively play in handheld, so it may not even be heat related. Frankly no one really knows what causes it.
And I treat my console gingerly and have a case on it (which I took off for the picture) so no its not how I handle it.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin doesn't even run decent 100% of the time on my gaming laptop, so I would assume porting a gamecube emulator to a system that doesn't have native builds likely won't run 100% either.
What kind of gaming laptop do you have? Dolphin is actually very optimized that I can play a lot of games at 100% on a normal modern laptop.

D

Deleted User

What kind of gaming laptop do you have? Dolphin is actually very optimized that I can play a lot of games at 100% on a normal modern laptop.
maybe i just don't know how to optimize it then. mine is fairly impressive when it works as intended.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i just don't know how to optimize it then. mine is fairly impressive when it works as intended.
Well, that doesn't answer my question, but maybe you've set up settings way too high for it to work well with it? Or maybe power management is at "Optimized" and not "Prefer Performance" if you're using a NVIDIA GPU. Or if you're not using your gaming GPU and you're using the integrated graphics, Or maybe you're using an older version of Dolphin.

D

Deleted User

The wii u gamepad can be plugged in though. The switch is portable so not really an apt comparison.
not even that, but you can't plug a cartridge into a gamepad and load games off of their. There has to be a constant communication between the console and the gamepad, and the console is streaming the graphics and the gamepad is receiving. In reality, a valid comparison would be using connected joycons in portable mode and using Rainway. Then we will see how the batter life stands up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: