residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wii U is an excellent device for emulators and Nintendont.
yea and sswicht wil be even bester! like cause the ful portability and more comfortabiilltits to with conjoys and stands.!! does u think mr random that sicht wil get the virtual gamescubb? anmd wil the fix boys port nitrenot to swichts?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paying for hax? EWWWWW :rolleyes:

Easier way to get Haxchi, you just replace the ROM with a hack that allows for the installation of Wii U games to a HDD, ironically.

yea and sswicht wil be even bester! like cause the ful portability and more comfortabiilltits to with conjoys and stands.!! does u think mr random that sicht wil get the virtual gamescubb? anmd wil the fix boys port nitrenot to swichts?

Unfortunately, Switch homebrew is still rudimentary and runs on 1.x.x to 3.x.x for now. I doubt that'll change.

Reactions: Kioku

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you doubt that? You don't think Xecuter's hardmod will enable homebrew?

Hardmods make me wary, because the motherboard is so small and delicate, one screw up and $300 down the drain. I'd rather pay to have someone mod it for me. Or the solderless option. I'd rather go with softmod, but I doubt that's an option for 4.x.x unless the private exploit is released. And please, for the love of all that's holy, don't go around calling people out for not being able to solder, unlike someone I know on here.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hardmods make me wary, because the motherboard is so small and delicate, one screw up and $300 down the drain. I'd rather pay to have someone mod it for me. Or the solderless option. I'd rather go with softmod, but I doubt that's an option for 4.x.x unless the private exploit is released. And please, for the love of all that's holy, don't go around calling people out for not being able to solder, unlike someone I know on here.
I'm with you on the solderless option, but either way it seems like there is a lot of interest in hacking Switch and I don't think it'll be long before all FW versions are wide open.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if im lucky mine will last an hour and a half

Have you contacted Nintendo about this? If you're really only getting up to an hour and a half at any given time you should get that checked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm with you on the solderless option, but either way it seems like there is a lot of interest in hacking Switch and I don't think it'll be long before all FW versions are wide open.
One of the more overlooked points. Soon enough we'll see the Scene blow wide open. It's just begun.

Reactions: bennyman123abc

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Only because people have stupidly unreasonable expectations.
They weren't unreasonable, at one point in the past. The GBA SP? I don't even remember the last time I charged mine. And I play it regularly. Of course people would draw comparisons between all the previous consoles at some point, noting how battery life has been going down over time.

D

Deleted User

idk if the gamecube emulator would be able to run full speed on the switch because of the cpu being throttled.
Dolphin doesn't even run decent 100% of the time on my gaming laptop, so I would assume porting a gamecube emulator to a system that doesn't have native builds likely won't run 100% either.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They weren't unreasonable, at one point in the past. The GBA SP? I don't even remember the last time I charged mine. And I play it regularly. Of course people would draw comparisons between all the previous consoles at some point, noting how battery life has been going down over time.
You obviously don't play it regularly if you don't remember when you last charged it. You'll get maybe 5 hours if the battery isn't bad, but with how older batteries are you won't get that. I've owned one since childhood, and even then the battery didn't last this magically long amount you seem to think it lasts. Battery technology was worse back then. Only reason batteries might have lasted longer back then is that devices weren't that powerful. And battery technology hasn't publicly improved the same rate as portable technology.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I mostly want the software cap on the networking to be unlocked, as the Switch software-caps the speed at 50 Megabits per second. I have done MANY speed tests on the Switch, even through Ethernet with DMZ and VPN. Always caps at 50, and this cap needs removed. That's what I mainly want CFW for.

Reactions: Maq47
D

Deleted User

3 Hours Switch battery life when undocked is okay. I would still prefer 6-7 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots