猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Which never happened.

It's a very common thought and it's unfortunately backed up by recent tests. What they are doing wrong, however, is using modern batteries. They are a lot better than the ones produced decades ago.

On average, 4-5 hours was the norm.

Sorry, but that's not true. I wasn't referring to mobile gaming, or 3DS. I was referring further back when AAs were standard and the DS could easily run 7+ hours on a single charge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whatever you say. You clearly haven't seen the vicious comments on IGN. People need to grow a pair and accept the Switch for what it is.

I'm sorry... IGN? How are they ever relevant? They're a cancer.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which never happened.

It's a very common thought and it's unfortunately backed up by recent tests. What they are doing wrong, however, is using modern batteries. They are a lot better than the ones produced decades ago.

On average, 4-5 hours was the norm.
Which console? My original GameBoy lasts about 31 hours on a set of Rayovac AA batteries.

Reactions: Kioku

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but that's not true. I wasn't referring to mobile gaming, or 3DS. I was referring further back when AAs were standard and the DS could easily run 7+ hours on a single charge.

I'm sorry... IGN? How are they ever relevant? They're a cancer.

And so are the people who have high expectations of the Switch. People need to grow a pair and deal with the specs being what they are.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
And so are the people who have high expectations of the Switch. People need to grow a pair and deal with the specs being what they are.

You're describing the entire gaming community. The Switch isn't a special case, by any means.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with my Switch battery life. It lasts about 1:30 playing Skyrim and closer to 3 playing Odyssey.

And that to me sounds like a fair amount of battery life given the hardware.

You're describing the entire gaming community. The Switch isn't a special case, by any means.

Then why isn't it treated like a regular console but as something lesser? People seem to bash it for not being a "regular" console, or for being weaker than the PS4 it seems >.>

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with my Switch battery life. It lasts about 1:30 playing Skyrim and closer to 3 playing Odyssey.

You're reasonable. When it was first announced that the average battery life was ~3 hours depending on settings, the amount of backlash from some sources was astounding. It's almost like people haven't played heavy games on their phones..

Reactions: chartube12

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're reasonable. When it was first announced that the average battery life was ~3 hours depending on settings, the amount of backlash from some sources was astounding. It's almost like people haven't played heavy games on their phones..
I don't understand why people are complaining about the battery life. I mean, the Switch could've been designed to be a home console only and Nintendo still could've gotten away with it and I still would've been happy!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are complaining about the battery life. I mean, the Switch could've been designed to be a home console only and Nintendo still could've gotten away with it and I still would've been happy!
The entitlement of people has grown substantially over the past few years. You can't expect this specific hardware to run for 10 hours on a single charge AND give you reasonable performance. You get one, not both.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
2.5-3hrs on games like Zelda and Skyrim is no laughing matter. Those are big, hefty games for a mobile device to run, and run well, so for it to last 3 hours despite that is pretty nifty. Plus, less demanding games like Stardew Valley can easily get you 6-6.5 hrs, which is excellent. The Switch's battery life is just fine. If you really want to, there's plenty of options for extending the battery, from portable chargers to battery packs attached to the console.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.5-3hrs on games like Zelda and Skyrim is no laughing matter. Those are big, hefty games for a mobile device to run, and run well, so for it to last 3 hours despite that is pretty nifty. Plus, less demanding games like Stardew Valley can easily get you 6-6.5 hrs, which is excellent. The Switch's battery life is just fine. If you really want to, there's plenty of options for extending the battery, from portable chargers to battery packs attached to the console.
You can even use a phone charger with it if you have availability to an outlet! :P That's what makes it a TRULY portable console!

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can even use a phone charger with it if you have availability to an outlet :P

I'm picky when it comes to my Switch. Very leery about using non-Nintendo certified hardware. (Nyko you lovely sack, fix your shit)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm picky when it comes to my Switch. Very leery about using non-Nintendo certified hardware. (Nyko you lovely sack, fix your shit)

I got extremely lucky with the AnFilm glass protector, looks seamless and is perfect for the job, unlike that Horii piece of shit "screen" protectors :lol:

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that the charger that comes with your Google Nexus works fine, albeit charges slower than the Nintendo provided charger. However, using a Samsung Fast Charger and a USB Type C cable, you can get almost Nintendo-charger charging speeds.

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
TBH the only thing I've used my Wii U for recently has been RetroArch, and I use the Pro Controller instead.
yes my friends onyl use for nitredont and wiis game prety much nows.! thank god for god hasxk on wiius and wii!!!

I never had Haxchi, so I've pretty much lost access to Homebrew at this point until I can find another SleepiiHax host :P (Or the original files)
what hel is talk you can use bowser hack on latest flimwares now and then hackchis

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes my friends onyl use for nitredont and wiis game prety much nows.! thank god for god hasxk on wiius and wii!!!

Wii U is an excellent device for emulators and Nintendont.

I never had Haxchi, so I've pretty much lost access to Homebrew at this point until I can find another SleepiiHax host :P (Or the original files)

Or download Brain Age and install it that way? The game's dirt cheap.

Reactions: Xathya

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok