Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I'm actually replying to you since you're clearly on your period this past week, but I'm not anti-piracy and never have been. Perhaps practice a bit of reading comprehension before typing the first thought that comes into your head? Or maybe take that break you suggested elsewhere and come back less negative.

Then promise me you'll actually read the defitions of theft vs. piracy before assuming that piracy is theft and you'll have yourself a deal. Deal?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/piracy?s=t

2. The unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book,recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc.:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/theft

1.The act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of thepersonal goods or property of another; larceny.

See the difference? One is unauthorized reproduction, the other is taking away. At least I have sources to back up my claims, nothing unsubstantiated in those definitions. Piracy is still illegal, no one is arguing that, but to call it theft is just silly. Now that we got that out of the way...

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even care about piracy personally. I am just glad that after the dreadful Wii U scene the Switch one looks like stuff is actually going to happen with it without all the needless bullshit and teasing beforehand.

I will probably pick one up soon now along with a few games.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, it's semantics and doesn't change the point of my argument. If you prefer change all instances of "stealing" to "illegally obtaining". It really doesn't change anything about the argument itself.

I'm going by the Dictionary website definition, but whatever. The original source for the media is still there, so it's not really "stolen". But yeah, have fun. IDAGF.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going by the Dictionary website definition, but whatever. The original source for the media is still there, so it's not really "stolen". But yeah, have fun. IDAGF.
I'm willing to bet your dictionary definition is not pertinent to the current technological climate and probably written decades ago. See I can nitpick at irrelevant little details too. Why are you even arguing if you agree that piracy is illegal? That was the only point I was making anyway.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet your dictionary definition is not pertinent to the current technological climate and probably written decades ago. See I can nitpick at irrelevant little details too. Why are you even arguing if you agree that piracy is illegal? That was the only point I was making anyway.

Did I stutter? Look at the damn definition again.

noun, plural piracies.
2. The unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted books ,recordings , television programs, patented inventions, trademarked products, etc.:
The record industry is beset with piracy.

3. Also called stream capture. Geology. diversion of the upper part ofone stream by the headward growth of another.

That looks pretty fucking pertinent and applicable to today's topic to me.

Unauthorized reproduction: Hmm, gee, what could that fall under? Oh I know, video games, music, movies, TV shows, and other forms of media. What are ROMs? Copies of games distributed illegally. What are sites like PirateBay? Places to download illegally copied music, games, and movies. Looks pretty relevant to today to me. Read next time.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dictionary.com is updated yearly alongside merriam-webster, if I remember correctly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did I stutter? Look at the damn definition again.

noun, plural piracies.
1. practice of a pirate; robbery or illegal violence at sea.

2. the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book,recording, television program, patented invention, trademarkedproduct, etc.:
The record industry is beset with piracy.

3. Also called stream capture. Geology. diversion of the upper part ofone stream by the headward growth of another.

That looks pretty fucking pertinent to today's applications to me.
White font doesn't work well with light theme, mate

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dictionary.com is updated yearly alongside merriam-webster, if I remember correctly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

White font doesn't work well with light theme, mate

Fixed, sorry about that, but I had to get the point across.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robbery=theft.

Thanks you made my victory easy.

Too afraid to read the next fucking definition as well, or are you that blind? Man, you're full of it, you're just blatantly ignoring the second definition as well. Whatever, you had your jollies, I'm done with you.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you now refuting robbery=theft? Seems pretty clearly the end of the discussion to me.

Are you ignoring the second definition as well or not? Answer me. That 1st definition is archaic to the situation. The 2nd definition very much applies to the situation. You know how ROMs are made, right? You're just ignoring the second meaning just to piss me off.:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1