Homebrew Why hasn't Nintendo STILL removed Youtube from eShop?

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
woah really? i didnt know there was another save file manager other than savedatafiler that has permissions. and ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait does that mean we can install oothax with this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on older sysnand on n3ds. i only have o3ds but if i have ocarina of time and get a n3ds i can do oothax and modify save files

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alcatel is great for this. If you root, even if you have a custom recovery, you can just have the phone off and use the Alcatel updating program to REFLASH the phone back to factory. It'll never look like it was tampered with. I did that to un-void my warranty before sending in my phone for a manufacturer's defect.

Hmm, interesting, would such a thing work for a Nexus 7 2012 tablet? :P

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hmm, interesting, would such a thing work for a Nexus 7 2012 tablet? :P
If you reapply the stock image and lock the bootloader, you should be fine. Thing that's different though is that your device has to at least be bootable. An Alcatel device doesn't even have to boot properly and you can still flash it - you do it from a powered-off state.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alcatel is great for this. If you root, even if you have a custom recovery, you can just have the phone off and use the Alcatel updating program to REFLASH the phone back to factory. It'll never look like it was tampered with. I did that to un-void my warranty before sending in my phone for a manufacturer's defect.
We've got RUUs with HTC but I don't think they work from a complete shutdown

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Root isn't allowed mainly so cell providers can push their software on their customers. For instance, Verizon (the main dickheads in this "game") want to put a lot of streaming apps in the phones on their network. More than likely this is an attempt to get people to use a lot of data at a jacked up rate. Even when root is achieved, the bootloader is locked down to prevent custom ROMs and on most phones it will show that the system has been tampered with so your warranty is voided — even if it is just to remove their bloatware that wouldn't cause any hardware malfunctions. It is all about controlling devices that legally you are just "licensing" and in the fine print can be taken from you if you try to alter them against the wishes of the company(ies).

loco365

Trophies
XP
Root isn't allowed mainly so cell providers can push their software on their customers. For instance, Verizon (the main dickheads in this "game") want to put a lot of streaming apps in the phones on their network. More than likely this is an attempt to get people to use a lot of data at a jacked up rate. Even when root is achieved, the bootloader is locked down to prevent custom ROMs and on most phones it will show that the system has been tampered with so your warranty is voided — even if it is just to remove their bloatware that wouldn't cause any hardware malfunctions. It is all about controlling devices that legally you are just "licensing" and in the fine print can be taken from you if you try to alter them against the wishes of the company(ies).
It's one thing I really do hate. Samsung is the worst for it with the little triangle that shows up if you've installed a custom recovery. It is possible to remove it (Through root apps or by reflashing a stock ROM), but it's a pain in the ass to work with nonetheless.

Reactions: Boy12

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Off-topic much?
I really do wonder why it hasn't been pulled. I hope if it gets patched and put back on the eShop they make it more stable :P

EDIT:
And why does nintendo even want to patch ironhax/tubehax? They dont have the permissions needed to run pirated games. just homebrew. Maybe you can say VC
You can technically pirate themes, too.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We've got RUUs with HTC but I don't think they work from a complete shutdown

Lol rooting android, unlocked bootloaders, etc are android realted sutff andway off topic lol.

Off-topic much?
I really do wonder why it hasn't been pulled. I hope if it gets patched and put back on the eShop they make it more stable :P

EDIT:

You can technically pirate themes, too.

You can't 'technically'pirate themes... you CAN EASILY pirate themes from that iso site lol.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody knows the reason why youtube is still up. I doubt Nintendo knows why.
Trying to base your guess on rational thinking disregards the fact that Nintendo doesn't use logic in their corporate decision-making. They are the Willy Wonka of game companies. :P
Serious question: does this mean Reggie is an oompa loompa?

Reactions: zoogie

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word answer. Yup.
I think Nintendo doesn't care about Tubehax because it's only ARM11 not ARM9 so no piracy (apart from themes).
Oh I'm sure they care, because you can still run software that Nintendo doesn't want you to be using, like save backup/restore and other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill