Hacking Why doesn't DS Mode work with GW 3.0?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The easiest way to make DSi and GBA work, is to make properly signed cia's and install that into sysnand.
i think cracking/finding the private key in order to generate signatures so we can sign stuff to get legit cias will be a lot harder than to somehow make ds mode work

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title's self explanatory

I can completely understand why DS mode didn't work with the DS exploit

but I'm on 9.2 and after creating emuNAND I formatted sysnand to unlink them so now my DSi ware stuff from the eShop's on emunand and I basically can't use it. Since the web exploit is not dependent on crashing DS mode, why can't we play DS(i) games in emuNAND?

Yeah, you shouldn't have done that. You should have formatted your emuNAND. :-/ I don't know what made you decide that formatting sysNAND was the way to go, but it wasn't the good choice if you have DSiWare or ambassador titles.

If you made a back up of your sysNAND you can restore it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just use the real ticket from your 3DS?

yes, but the console id is in the ticket, it needs to match the 3ds.
even leaving the ticket perfectly intact and installing on the same 3ds, it does not install using devmenu, at least for me
i am not sure if it is a problem with the cia creation, it must be... - because i agree, it should work :)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks