Hacking Modded o3DS (region changed) gives "Unable to mount CTRNAND" error when loading into any DS mode.

retrostalgic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm lol fixed

Recently I installed CFW to my o3DS with USM, and then region changed it (JP to US) using the system transfer method to keep eShop access (not sure if that matters just thought I'd mention), and now whenever I try to load anything that is in DS mode (DS Download Play, DS Wifi settings, Twilight Menu++), I get the following error

IMG_1264.jpeg

One thing to note, before I used TWLFix, I was getting another error (something along the lines of ErrDisp, only happened with Twilight Menu++) and black screens that followed by being sent to the home screen with others (DS Download Play, DS Wifi settings). I assumed TWLFix would fix it but I guess not.

Is there anything I can do to fix this that doesn't involve changing the region back to it's original? Any files I could be missing or anything like that? Been super confused since this happens nowhere else EXCEPT DS mode. I would appreciate any help since I'd quite enjoy playing DS games.
Post automatically merged:

nvm, for some reason i system updated and it works now, not sure why

Last edited by retrostalgic,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nvm, for some reason i system updated and it works now, not sure why
Thanks for posting the solution along with "nvm fixed"! For some reason many people who found the solution to their own problem just post "nvm fixed it".
====

Explanation:
You had errors/problems with DS(i) mode before (black screens, error message).
  • TWLFix did it's job perfectly: It deletes all DSi (TWL) system titles.
    • Logical consequence: TWL_FIRM is missing afterwards and trying to reboot into DS(i) mode leads to the error in your photo.
  • System update determines if all system titles are latest version. Well, missing system titles are obviously not latest version. Outdated and missing system titles get downloaded and installed.
Long story short: Running TWLFix is step one, official system update is step 2. As described on The Guide.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: retrostalgic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work