Hacking Why does CFG think all my IOSes are stubs?

joelozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More specifically, Configurable USB Loader says that IOS 222,223, and 249 are all stubs. I can play all my backups fine though, so should I be worried? I'm on cIOS rev19, and Hermes IOS v4, and I reinstalled like 5 times each but no difference. Should I just ignore it?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
When you say you can play your backups fine, are you talking about from the USB or from discs?

If you are saying discs work, then you haven't deleted the stubs on your Wii. You need to delete them first (using AnyTitle Deleter or Dop-Mii) and then install 249 and 222/223.

If you are able to use those IOSes to run games using a different USB Loader, then it means our IOS detection code is causing a false negative. If this is the case, please use Dop-Mii to find out what IOS versions you have and post them here.

joelozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
When you say you can play your backups fine, are you talking about from the USB or from discs?

If you are saying discs work, then you haven't deleted the stubs on your Wii. You need to delete them first (using AnyTitle Deleter or Dop-Mii) and then install 249 and 222/223.

If you are able to use those IOSes to run games using a different USB Loader, then it means our IOS detection code is causing a false negative. If this is the case, please use Dop-Mii to find out what IOS versions you have and post them here.

I can play from Configurable USB Loader with no issue. I've tried 249,223, and 222, and they all play SMG2 (a pretty new game, so). I'm using FAT32, with cIOS 249 v19, and Hermes v4 or 5 (I forget). USB Loader GX works too, but I don't like it. And DOP Mii says they are all stubs too. So should I just ignore it, if it works fine? Or should I delete and reinstall?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
joelozy said:
Dr. Clipper said:

I can play from Configurable USB Loader with no issue. I've tried 249,223, and 222, and they all play SMG2 (a pretty new game, so). I'm using FAT32, with cIOS 249 v19, and Hermes v4 or 5 (I forget). USB Loader GX works too, but I don't like it. And DOP Mii says they are all stubs too. So should I just ignore it, if it works fine? Or should I delete and reinstall?
That is quite strange... It won't hurt to delete them and reinstall them, and that should remove their stub status. It's a surprise that it's managing to install them without changing the version number from the stubbed ones, though...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
joelozy said:
Dr. Clipper said:

DopMii will say they are stubs or cIOSs used for piracy no matter if you have stubs or actual cIOS's, its the same for most IOS managers, DopMii and MMM a like but they still show what IOS version they are

joelozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
joelozy said:
Dr. Clipper said:

DopMii will say they are stubs or cIOSs used for piracy no matter if you have stubs or actual cIOS's, its the same for most IOS managers, DopMii and MMM a like but they still show what IOS version they are

So I guess I'll just ignore it. Still, seeing "loading IOS249 [FRAG]" every time is kind of annoying. I'll just learn to ignore it, I guess.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
joelozy said:
So I guess I'll just ignore it. Still, seeing "loading IOS249 [FRAG]" every time is kind of annoying. I'll just learn to ignore it, I guess.
That's what it's meant to say. It lets you know that you are running IOS249 with oggzee's fragments mod to allow it to read games from FAT or NTFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.