Why do wireless PS2 controllers stop working after some days?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
actually, now that I think about it, I don't think you need to plug in the dualsense for the ps5 to sync, only to update the controller. I know I also didn't have to connect the dualsense to my nvidia shield to sync it to that either.

I don't think it's needed to connect DualSense to update it.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it is. I tried it without, but the update button is greyed out unless you plug it in.

But for the first time or after syncing it?

I have to disable the modchip or I get a black screen with all options of the fmcb.

I don't remember, but you don't have to here.

Why do you get a black screen? I'm asking out of curiosity because I only installed FMCB via FDVDB and I never installed a modchip.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just when updating the controller, I think it needs to be plugged in.

I don't know why you get a black screen with a modchip. there's not a lot of info about it. I even asked helder, and he didn't know either. he doesn't have a modchip in his system, this is before I figured out it needed to be disabled.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Is it because their battery is wasted? If so, replacing it should fix the problem, no?
Replacing battery would solve the issue if you can get for it. I had a PowerA very comfortable controller for PS3, but the battery died and the triggers didn't work very well (it looked brand new).
Every PS Move Navigation Controller I ordered doesn't work wirelessly. Does that mean their battery is screwed up, and if so, doesn't the vendor know about this?
A new/working battery would solve the issue, unless it's a cable disconnected.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Replacing battery would solve the issue if you can get for it. I had a PowerA very comfortable controller for PS3, but the battery died and the triggers didn't work very well (it looked brand new).

A new/working battery would solve the issue, unless it's a cable disconnected.

But shouldn't vendors sell devices with working batteries? Is it bad luck none of them were working or it's normal since the devices already have some years (but that also goes for other devices which are even older and work fine)?

How hard is to get one and replace the old battery? How can I know if it's the battery's fault? Even if I successfully replace it, who guarantees it won't stop working some time after or already comes dead?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But shouldn't vendors sell devices with working batteries? Is it bad luck none of them were working or it's normal since the devices already have some years (but that also goes for other devices which are even older and work fine)?

How hard is to get one and replace the old battery? How can I know if it's the battery's fault? Even if I successfully replace it, who guarantees it won't stop working some time after or already comes dead?
It's been years so they're not responsible it doesn't work anymore, that's up to the customer if he/she wants it working.

However, when it's still within 1-2 years then you have a warranty though this is for new products, not ones released a decade or two ago. 😅

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's been years so they're not responsible it doesn't work anymore, that's up to the customer if he/she wants it working.

However, when it's still within 1-2 years then you have a warranty though this is for new products, not ones released a decade or two ago. 😅

But at least they should try them before selling them.

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PlayStation 2 was NEVER supposed to support wireless controllers. The same goes, albeit more incidentally, with the Nintendo GameCube.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PlayStation 2 was NEVER supposed to support wireless controllers. The same goes, albeit more incidentally, with the Nintendo GameCube.

What about the official (I think) Logitech Cordless Action and Logitech Cordless controllers? By the way, what's the difference between them?

My PS Move Motion controller is very hard to control. I want it to go to the next above, below, left and right settings and it always goes to another setting that's very (or somewhat, at least) above, below, left or right the settings I want. I tried to calibrate it on the XMB but it stayed the same. It's very sensitive.

My PS Move Navigation Controller is always charging but doesn't work wirelessly. I put it in the official PS Move Charging Station the whole night and it still isn't working wirelessly.

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What about the official (I think) Logitech Cordless Action and Logitech Cordless controllers? By the way, what's the difference between them?

My PS Move Motion controller is very hard to control. I want it to go to the next above, below, left and right setting and it always go to another setting that's very (or at least somewhat) above, below, left or right the setting I want. I tried to calibrate it on the XMB but it stayed the same. It's very sensitive.

My PS Move Navigation Controller is always charging but doesn't work wirelessly. I put it in Sony's PS Move Charging Station the whole night and it still isn't working wirelessly.
Uh, I'm sorry to tell, but you got me on something I don't know anything of.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia says those 2 Logitech controllers are officially licensed.
The Logitech PS2 Wireless controllers look amazing though I've never owned one because they're not exactly cheap.

I prefer MadCatz controllers, especially the small ones (while my hands are big for it).

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
At launch, it works, but it's been a decade or two since then.

That doesn't invalidate my question. I could buy a new battery and manually replace the current one and it couldn't work too.

The Logitech PS2 Wireless controllers look amazing though I've never owned one because they're not exactly cheap.

I prefer MadCatz controllers, especially the small ones (while my hands are big for it).

I had one of them (from Logitech) but it stopped working in the next days.

it's easy, just push the little tab to the other option (not ps2), then connect both usb cables. download the update, then click on the exe button. it will tell you to hold the sync button while you plug in the device, so do that. then click on "update game compatibility" checkbox and start. it will update and say it was successful once done, which shouldn't take very long.

Never mind, I got it working.

EDIT: Now, when running wLE_ISR on the PS2 and clicking on a folder ("mc0:/", for instance), it often opens it and immediately turns back, not to mention sometimes nothing happens after clicking a button (inside and outside wLE_ISR) or I have drift (outside wLE_ISR). I don't know if it's the DualShock 3's fault or Brook Super Converter's. I have to restart the PS2 when this happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1