Why do so many people hate Windows 10?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The next version of windows was just released, there is another one coming later in the year. Microsoft have indicated that Windows 10 is what it's called now, like MacOS X. Whether either of them will ever go to 11 will depend on how much they like Spinal Tap (iOS could get to 11 this year.....)

I personally don't care what you run, but Windows 10 was officially free and you can still sneak in a free upgrade. If they stop that then it'll be expensive for you to get it.

I miss more functionality from Windows 10 when I run Windows 7 than I do the other way round.

Yeah, I know Windows 10 is still pretty new, but it took several years for DirectX 10 to be the minimal requirements, same for DirectX 11 so it'll be the same for DirectX 12.

By that time, we'll probably hear of a new Windows version.

I have Windows 10 on my computer to be honest, with a dual boot, I installed it to try and buy Killer Instinct (when it was on sale during the previous summer) so I only boot it when I want to play this particular game, which is not really often (and I don't know if it's because I don't run it often, but on my computer, Windows 10 is longer to boot and less reactive than Windows 7, when most people say the oppositive and my computer isn't that old though... I5-4430, 16 GB of RAM, GTX 1070. Maybe it require a SSD, as lots of people seems to have a SSD now).

Last edited by davhuit,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By that time, we'll probably hear of a new Windows version.
Literally the whole point of Windows 10 is that there will NEVER be another Windows version, just a iteration of Windows 10. Hell, it's designed so that even if we go full Ghost in the Shell with eye implants, those implants will still be running Windows 10.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Literally the whole point of Windows 10 is that there will NEVER be another Windows version, just a iteration of Windows 10. Hell, it's designed so that even if we go full Ghost in the Shell with eye implants, those implants will still be running Windows 10.
Or running linux.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And so, many times a day the world will turn blue. /s

Reactions: Deleted User

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows 10 Home is a bit iffy
Windows 10 Pro is a bit better
Windows 10 Enterprise is alright if you want cool features
and Windows 10 LTSB is bae :^)
upload_2017-4-20_22-7-58.png

Reactions: Dionicio3

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Windows 10 Home is a bit iffy
Windows 10 Pro is a bit better
Windows 10 Enterprise is alright if you want cool features
and Windows 10 LTSB is bae :^)
View attachment 84722

Though major updates can be a pain. Is the new update ("creators update") even available for Enterprise yet because checking for updates the normal way didn't find it (and yes, I did turn off the "defer major upgrades" setting).

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though major updates can be a pain. Is the new update ("creators update") even available for Enterprise yet because checking for updates the normal way didn't find it (and yes, I did turn off the "defer major upgrades" setting).
I have LTSB with updates turned off so I wouldn't know, ask someone else :^)

Reactions: jimbo13

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i have been on Win10 ever since it was out.
it was the same for people with Win8/8.1

alot of them (especially from where i'm from) cannot get into it and are way too "used" to Win7 etc.

but i personally have loved 8/8.1 and now loving 10.
i noticed huge startup speeds over Win7 , like when i boot/turn my laptop on it, it'd take like only 25-40 seconds (this was with win8/8.1) and then my laptop is ready to go.

whereas with Win7 it'd always take my laptop well over a minute until i'd be able to use everything.
with Win10 it is even faster though, i am on Win10 and it takes roughly around 30 seconds until everything has started up.

plus, my laptop is a trashy one (bought it like 5years ago i think) it is a i3 /2.4ghz and with 4g ram nothing special , no graphics card and so on.
the compatibility with Win10 is great.

i'd recommend people to upgrade to it.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What feature of Enterprise do you think is cool?
Group Policy Editor lets you customize a huge amount of your PC, and disable any Windows feature at the click of a button.
LTSB is for people who don't like change.
And people who just want a lightweight OS that gets the job done.

D

Deleted User

Group Policy Editor lets you customize a huge amount of your PC, and disable any Windows feature at the click of a button.

And people who just want a lightweight OS that gets the job done.
upload_2017-4-20_20-23-19.png

It's not just for Windows Enterprise, btw. I'm running pro.

Reactions: VinsCool

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 84729
It's not just for Windows Enterprise, btw. I'm running pro.
True, true...
Enterprise is the only one that lets you disable telemetry though so eh, still reason enough for me. Plus LTSB is only Enterprise xD
Whatever works for you :grog:

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand, I have used it for about 6 months and haven't really ran in to any major issues. So what's the deal?

Edit: Now looks like a general Win10 discussion thread

That's their opinions. I do not follow their opinions. Only me will decide what I like and I don't like. Thats all. An opinion is an opinion and not a fact. We have different taste, you know. I listen but I decide for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL