Why do so many people hate Windows 10?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the main reason that made sense for me was because on the started it forced to install it, a lot of people where busy with something and sudden a screen " Installing win 10" pop up lol
I remember someone streaming his gameplay and sudden came the screen disturbing the game :v can't remind the video name to show out
but idk, not a big problem for me, I just not used for it but if I have to use it daily, I gonna get used :P

Last edited by Sliter,
D

Deleted User

the main reason that made sense for me was because on the started it forced to install it, a lot of people where busy with something and sudden a screen " Installing win 10" pop up lol
I remeber someone streaminh his gameplay and sudden came the screen disturbing the game :v can't remind the video name to show out
I also almost clicked it. It was when Windows tried to force you to update.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 was not very responsive compared to previous version of Windows. Although to be fair I didn't have the anniversary updates installed.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 10 was not very responsive compared to previous version of Windows. Although to be fair I didn't have the anniversary updates installed.
Anniversary update made performance improvements, Creator's Update is a little snappier yet again.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
I like the os overall but i think MS is very very confused,

They want to shift windows to a new system yet they cannot let go win 32 and i can see why. On paper UWP is a wonderful concept but practically unifying all platforms is way beyond practical. Especially when no one on desktop will ever download UWP or no one on Mobile will download Win32. The incosistency between these two layers is what bothers me soo much! There is paint 3d but there is regular paint which makes no sense to include (qpart from nostalgia), similiarly two places to chose settings from etc.
If microsoft learn to make UWP consistent with win 32 I think windows would be more preffered and get less hate as it is getting currently.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two Words... "Fucking Updates!!!!"

I have a Win 10 machine that I call my "Steam Machine". I ONLY use it for gaming. I even have it where, unless you click my desktop shortcut in Steam, you will never see the desktop upon startup. Yesterday my PC wanted to install a update and it screwed up my profile and gave me a boot loop. Had it not been for safe mode, some registry changes and wushowhide.cab, I'd be royally fucked by now. It's MY Steam Machine, NOT Microsoft's. I don't want automatic updates, period!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You missed your official chance to upgrade for free though. And support for Windows 8.1 ends in 8 months.
mainstream support, probably. extended support (security and other critical updates) for Windows 8 and 8.1 go untill 2023. for reference, Windows 7 is 2020.

Reactions: Deleted User

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Especially when no one on desktop will ever download UWP or no one on Mobile will download Win32.

It mostly makes sense for laptops with touch screens.

It's MY Steam Machine, NOT Microsoft's. I don't want automatic updates, period!

Did you get Windows 10 Pro?

Lmao. It isn't. In all cases, any argument must be tested against corner cases.

Linux is way too complicated for most people because it tries to handle everything in a complicated way. Windows is simplified for 99% of users, the other 1% has to live with the extra complexity. It's why Windows still owns the desktop. When you're trying to make money then ignore the corner cases that only a few people care about. You can target them later on if you wish (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/commandline/wsl/install_guide)

Last edited by smf,

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't hate windows 10, I just don't like the interface changes. Iv'e considered multiple times upgrading but I just haven't wanted to. Windows 7 Ultimate support everything I need (minus headphone jack support on Xbox ONe S controllers :/). I did hear that windows 10 broke old Windows 95-XP programs from my brother, so that's also kinda making me want to stay. Kinda just not seeing enough to warrant an upgrade.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because it is shit, but so is life.
I don't know.
I use many current OSes daily, and Windows 10 is the one I like the less.
Too clunky and slow.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did hear that windows 10 broke old Windows 95-XP programs from my brother, so that's also kinda making me want to stay.

It shouldn't do, it's pretty much just an optimised windows 7 with a lot of improvements. If you go from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS then you lose MSDOS & Windows 3.1 software. If you are running windows 7 x64 then you shouldn't have any problems running the same software on windows 10 & if you do then you should report it.

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't do, it's pretty much just an optimised windows 7 with a lot of improvements. If you go from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS then you lose MSDOS & Windows 3.1 software. If you are running windows 7 x64 then you shouldn't have any problems running the same software on windows 10 & if you do then you should report it.
Ah. Know any way to get the old menus back? I'm not a fan of the settings menu. (I know about classic shell and aero glass, specifically for the settings menu in win 10)

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mainly the telemetry and how they force install pay to win games like candy crush even after you delete them. Thank goodness barnacles had a youtube video about disabling everything otherwise I'd have made my new gaming pc be a steam OS machine

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
I personally think for gaming machines windows needs yo make a softer version of windows ( like xbox os) so that all the ads and other stuff doesnt get in the way.

On the other habd, i heard Microsoft going to be porting x86 to ARM chips to run win32 theny why not simply upgrade win32 and unify that and completely abandon UWP?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
mainly the telemetry and how they force install pay to win games like candy crush even after you delete them.
The fuck are you on? My machine never had shit like this installed at all. and it's up to date.

Reactions: Pleng

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It can affect performance, however.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Obviously others will have different uses, but Microsoft Office works perfectly fine for me and everything is super snappy in my PCs and in terms of gaming, Windows 10 does best (it has been proven by many different people). So while I understand it CAN affect performance, in real world scenarios, Windows 10 works just fine, speaking from my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.