Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When would the No SD card A9LH boot be supported? Without the need to use ShadowNAND
There already exists a precompiled file for the old way AW was doing it, and the commits on both a9lh and Luma support the new way (loading arm9loaderhax.bin from ctrnand). So you would either have to compile that or find someone to compile for you.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
There already exists a precompiled file for the old way AW was doing it, and the commits on both a9lh and Luma support the new way (loading arm9loaderhax.bin from ctrnand). So you would either have to compile that or find someone to compile for you.

Hmmnmn ok

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the Bible has been updated, and for new 3ds users, you don't even have to downgrade.
For people who don't like the fact that A9LH 3DSs cannot boot without an SD card, you got ShadowNAND.
The process has become a LOT faster than it was.
So anybody else who has not installed a9lh yet?
My emunand is doing its job just fine, hasn't caused any issues. I have no need to change my current setup.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, don't ask in the future if emuNAND still works on 12.x or something. Same with RxTools users.
I know plenty of people who still use emunand, whether its because they do not want to downgrade again (on O3ds), or they are content with their current setup. Rxtools still functions in Rxmode, and thats all some people need, and consider "rxtools" to be (disregarding the tools that don't actually work). Not to mention, its kind of disrespectful to shove A9LH down everyone's throat claiming its the best thing in the world without knowing what the user's needs are. I know people who just want custom themes and nothing else, and going all the way to install A9LH for just a couple of custom themes is what you would call "extreme". When emuNAND no longer has the ability to function on 12.x or so regardless of CFW, thats when the time will come for it to end. Not everyone is some super tech-savvy user who wants to utilize every single possible function of their 3ds in any way possible.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
32 GB with 2-4 GB left.
Uninstall your games and use freeShop to get them back later. Or upload the stuff on your computer to a cloud backup, delete it, and restore afterward. Or just upload the contents of your SD to a cloud backup. Or get a second SD card and a USB reader (if your computer doesn't have more than one SD reader) and transfer directly to the other SD card. Or get a USB drive (probably cheaper) and do the same. There's no excuse in this day an age for the size of your computer hard drive to stop you doing anything. We don't live in the age of floppy disks anymore :-)

Reactions: XRaTiX

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Not to mention, its kind of disrespectful to shove A9LH down everyone's throat claiming its the best thing in the world without knowing what the user's needs are.

Very true, but some people find annoying that to this date, RxTools users still ask for confirmation if RxTools still works on recent versions or certain programs or apps. I think the approach that most users are getting with RxTools/Gateway/emuNAND users is flawed.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall your games and use freeShop to get them back later. Or upload the stuff on your computer to a cloud backup, delete it, and restore afterward. Or just upload the contents of your SD to a cloud backup. Or get a second SD card and a USB reader (if your computer doesn't have more than one SD reader) and transfer directly to the other SD card. Or get a USB drive (probably cheaper) and do the same. There's no excuse in this day an age for the size of your computer hard drive to stop you doing anything. We don't live in the age of floppy disks anymore :-)
Too much work.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true, but some people find annoying that to this date, RxTools users still ask for confirmation if RxTools still works on recent versions or certain programs or apps. I think the approach that most users are getting with RxTools/Gateway/emuNAND users is flawed.
Well, I'm sure you could say that those RxTools users find it just as annoying for the lack of confirmation. Also, the rxmode seems to still work like luma3ds (I still have yet to see any differences for my purposes), but you also have to consider 1. what is already in place on the user's system, and 2. how much time and effort will it take to get it to where they want their system to be.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, I'm sure you could say that those RxTools users find it just as annoying for the lack of confirmation. Also, the rxmode seems to still work like luma3ds (I still have yet to see any differences for my purposes), but you also have to consider 1. what is already in place on the user's system, and 2. how much time and effort will it take to get it to where they want their system to be.

Even if RxTools is outdated, you can get Luma without going for A9LH. So is reduced to personal preferences. (Unless you're a N3DS user).

Last edited by Autz,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't take that long to at least update to Luma instead of rxtools, even if using emunand still.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if RxTools is outdated, you can get Luma without going for A9LH. So is reduced to personal preferences.
true, and exactly my point. but denying someone support based on their preference is kinda being an ass, at least in my opinion.
It doesn't take that long to at least update to Luma instead of rxtools, even if using emunand still.

exactly, (and I don't think rxtools is even supported in A9LH), but people will stay on it for whatever reason until they are forced to switch alot of the time. Its only a matter of replacing a few files, but other than that, I literally just wanted to stay on rxtools for the splash screen that defined it, unlike luma.

One interesting trend I see in homebrew (both wii and 3ds, and in my general experience) is that the older the homebrew, the more personality of the creator that seems to be present in it. Alot of the newer homebrew and cfw has very little of that (splash screens, for example in luma. I KNOW YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM, BUT its not the same when they don't "define" the CFW, like rxtools's did.) (another example would be (sorry if this part is a bit off topic) with wii and some of the old CIOS installers actually having music, unlike the newer ones.) Gateway had a theme/splashscreen that defined it, Rxtools had a theme/splashscreen that defined it, yet with luma, its like "eh, just download a custom one". Not the same.

Reactions: Autz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lmao +1