Hacking Who has a solution for (Zelda TPHD and Mario 3D world) time latency ?

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i guess he was thinking about repacking extracted files in a new container.
This would result in one single file which won't be bigger than the extracted files
(actually it would be smaller, less overhead from the clustersize)
Yeah that would solve the issue, you may see some universal method on future Loadiine releases. But this would require you make significant mods to your entire game library manually, and would break these games if ever you can repack them into NUS format again for IOSU installation.

You'd end up with a massive library of modded games that will only run in Loadiine. Which may be a pain if ever better hacks come in the future.

citrus3000psi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really wanna keep 25GB wud files for each game? I don't think the ISO method would be viable. You'd end up with massive overinflated Wii U library that won't even fit on your HDD.

The best way is to support installing NUS games directly to your system, this would allow you to install every single game on a single USB HDD. But this would require IOSU with a CFW.

Wux format. Its pretty much a scrubbed wud...

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what rasputin and barak06 are commenting and the game won't load.
The result of changing the files is black screen.

Now let's clear some misinformation:

1. It doesn't matter how many small files the game has but how many it try to load for a sequence or a load complete.

2. USB support isn't the only hope for those.

3. We need some better file support from Loadiine. Like whole file type per game like ISO or WBFS (wii).

4. Star Fox Zero didn't remove language files from data cpk files, they were unpacked using different structure and back to data cpk. That's the reason it loads faster.

Also Fat32 4GB limitation won't be a problem. This was solved in the PS3 scene when DeanK added support for split ISO in Multiman.

did you try repacking the files to .gz but with no compression?

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that would solve the issue, you may see some universal method on future Loadiine releases. But this would require you make significant mods to your entire game library manually, and would break these games if ever you can repack them into NUS format again for IOSU installation.

You'd end up with a massive library of modded games that will only run in Loadiine. Which may be a pain if ever better hacks come in the future.

We still don't know if or when we will be able to install games.
Well, maybe it's a temporary solution .... But it's far better than nothing.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thing is, it's quite a lot of development effort given we're expecting to see an IOSU exploit at some point.

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok tried unrar (.pack.gz --> .pack) or unrar+ rename(.pack --> .pack.gz) : BLACK SCREEN
Have to wait...

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure you can't just install raw filetrees to your system regardless, so loadiine releases are already "modified games that will only run on loadiine". This doesn't mean we can't modify them back, the same thing if we put them into a proprietary container file that helps speed up loading (will also be technically smaller because no small file fragmentation). Many people have copied update files directly into their file tree at this point which would also probably break releases. Like it or not, many of your loadiine games will probably never work as a proper installation (assuming we can ever even do this..)

MrNoobHead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, Mario 3D Land indeed takes more time to load than other games, but come on, its not that bad. I have like 10 seconds or maybe less, and it is still playable, same with Star Fox. Even if it takes more than that i would be happy, im playing anyway.

Reactions: [^Blark^]

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not the sd card, there is a fix for this on starfox, and super mario 3d world. I fixes are talked about in one of the forum posts @ http://darkumbra.net i just skimmed over it dont remember what post it was.

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the SD card, there are just work arounds for some problematic games
It is definitely not the SD card, one fix is something like the previous posters were guessing would fix it. You repack the files or something. Go to the site I linked and look through the star fox download link posts, one of them explains how to do it.

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It has been discussed in this forum no need to hijack users to others.

Here's the process (can't remember who posted this here)

"I've perfect loading with latest loadine gx2 with a simple file edit.

1. Extract with CriToolpack1.0 all files from data001.cpk with decompress CRILAYLA (single file only possible)

face/face_fox.dat
face/face_fox_new.dat
face/face_naus.dat
data_cpk.fst
effprim.epb
graphic.bxm
shader.dat
shader2.dat
shadereff.bxm
shadereff.dat
shadersetting.bxm
ShaderSign.dat

2. Place all files in one folder, example: c:\temp
3. Copy your desired language into that folder, example: c:\temp\sound\stream\English(US)
4. Remove ALL subfolders on your sdcard for languages
5. Start CriPackedFileMaker 1.36.00
6. Hit 'open base directory for cpk File packing' and browse to c:\temp
7. Press 'Build CPK File' and choose the path and name to create your new data001.cpk
8. Data Align: 2048, [X] Try Compression, [ ] Mask directories information, File Mode: Filename
9. Start to Build your new file
10. Replace data001.cpk and you are good to go, my loading time is around 8~10 secs with full audio"

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been discussed in this forum no need to hijack users to others.

Here's the process (can't remember who posted this here)

"I've perfect loading with latest loadine gx2 with a simple file edit.

1. Extract with CriToolpack1.0 all files from data001.cpk with decompress CRILAYLA (single file only possible)

face/face_fox.dat
face/face_fox_new.dat
face/face_naus.dat
data_cpk.fst
effprim.epb
graphic.bxm
shader.dat
shader2.dat
shadereff.bxm
shadereff.dat
shadersetting.bxm
ShaderSign.dat

2. Place all files in one folder, example: c:\temp
3. Copy your desired language into that folder, example: c:\temp\sound\stream\English(US)
4. Remove ALL subfolders on your sdcard for languages
5. Start CriPackedFileMaker 1.36.00
6. Hit 'open base directory for cpk File packing' and browse to c:\temp
7. Press 'Build CPK File' and choose the path and name to create your new data001.cpk
8. Data Align: 2048, [X] Try Compression, [ ] Mask directories information, File Mode: Filename
9. Start to Build your new file
10. Replace data001.cpk and you are good to go, my loading time is around 8~10 secs with full audio"
Thanks that's exactly what I remember reading, I just tried finding it again there and I couldn't find it again.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is definitely not the SD card, one fix is something like the previous posters were guessing would fix it. You repack the files or something. Go to the site I linked and look through the star fox download link posts, one of them explains how to do it.
The "fix" is a work around that alleviates the slow loading of multiple small files from SD. The problem is caused by the current implementation of loadiine and how it loads games from SD. Just because you can make hacks to the game code to fix it does not mean it is not the problem.

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "fix" is a work around that alleviates the slow loading of multiple small files from SD. The problem is caused by the current implementation of loadiine and how it loads games from SD. Just because you can make hacks to the game code to fix it does not mean it is not the problem.
/sigh

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD cart has decent sequential transfer speed on the Wii U, but it has terrible random access speed. The more fragmented the game data is, the more the SD card will cause loading times to suffer. You can "fix" this by repackaging games such that small files are instead located inside of container files, eliminating the fragmenting, but this is just a work around! Most games are not this flexible to simply alter their content data and expect them to still work. You imagine it as a problem with the game but it is really a problem with SDIO and multiple small files. I don't know how to make this any more clear to you.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1