Hardware Which Playstation 5 would you like to buy?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,621
  • Replies 56
  • Likes 1

Which Playstation 5 would you like to buy?

• Playstation 5 with DVD / BluRay drive

• Playstation 5 digital edition

• I am not sure yet!

Results are only viewable after voting.

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most Games are Day1 cheaper in retailstores than on the PS Store. Further i can buy used games. No hard decision. Pay 100 Bucks more at start to save hundreds of bucks over the years.

Reactions: Rafciu

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I will buy the physical version first and the digital version later when it got hacked.

why are they still using blu ray as media anyway hehe

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer PS5 Standards as tradition. No digital for me at all.

Never interested in XBOX and not today at all because I have a PC that will play a modern XBOX X series as well as older XBOX games.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably buy the disc version. it takes a bit more effort to change games with the switch, which is why I went all digital there. however, I don't plan on ever buying a ps5.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd buy the disc one, but play almost purely digital. I like having the option. What if I find a physical release of a game and it's super cheap? I'd rather make up the saved cost over the years with spending less on games overall.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are they still using blu ray as media anyway hehe

One reason is that some people actually care about quality over convenience. Example, most streaming movies/tv looks like garbage compared to using an actual disc. I believe Netflix 4K has a bitrate of around 16 Mbps vs a max of 100 for 4K Blu-day discs with around 80 being the average. Do you know the HUGE, HUGE quality drop from say an 80Mbps bitrate video, to a 16 or under Mbps video? I'm not an Apple fan, but if people insist on streaming for convenience... at least go with Apple's streaming. As their 4K streams hit 40 Mbps.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never liked playstation since they started charging to play online.

I already reserve mine for January 2021.

I understand how you feel. that's why I am glad that I never used online because online is useless. All you have to do is playing against one another and I am not into that. I like to play alone because I love the ending story, lol.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For purely cosmetic reasons I prefer the digital version - it looks a BIT less ugly! But when I get round to buying one I would plump for the drive version: mostly a digital buyer, but if say I'm out with the missus shopping, and nip into CeX and spot a physical bargain, then yeah....

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait for the slim with optical drive
if i even buy another console ,
prices are not worth it right now IMO , haven't had a desktop PC in over a decade but with the new generation of cards from AMD and nvidia i am considering building a rig instead
game prices and console prices are too high now compared to a decent card these days

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Zense

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Console gaming is always 1-gen behind PC, when consoles finally get SSD, we are already on M.2
Err, you are aware the PS5/Sexbox are using NVMe SSDs, right? The PS5 even has an M.2 slot that's easily accessible that you can shove a second SSD in (at some point, since you need a compatible one).

In fact, I don't think anything on the new consoles are "1 gen behind" beyond perhaps the CPU being Zen 2 instead of Zen 3. The GPU is modern RDNA 2, the RAM is GDDR6, SSDs are NMVe, wifi is Wifi 6 (at least, on the PS5). Basically everything that's current/upcoming.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait for the slim with optical drive
if i even buy another console ,
prices are not worth it right now IMO , haven't had a desktop PC in over a decade but with the new generation of cards from AMD and nvidia i am considering building a rig instead
game prices and console prices are too hard no compared to a decent card these days

I will bet you that Slim version will removed PS4 backward compatibility for affordable price.

Reactions: weatMod

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll wait for the Slim version too. Whenever I get interested in the PS5 I remember how much I don't like the size and looks of it. More power to you if you do, but it's not for me. The controller seems cool though. I'd expect the slim ps5 to be digital only, but if I can backup my games on a hdd, though it doesn't seem possible right now, or similar I don't care for having a blu-ray disc of it.

As it stands now next week the most interesting console in my opinion is the Series S, because of its price point and the fact that it's not aiming for 4K which won't be relevant for me anyways since my TV only does 1080p 120hz and not 4k 120hz (which I doubt will be targetted much this gen anyways..). Storage size doesn't matter much either since you can just plug in an external usb ssd or similar and get decent speeds for your previous gen games, which to me is interesting.

I'm in a bit of a doubt about how you'll actually be able to buy older games to get them on your digital only system though, be it xbox or playstation.

Last edited by Zense,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space