Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

Gaëlle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've received my sky3ds from e-fervent.com, it's good. Yesterday it's comfirmed that the sky3ds can support the newest system 10.1.0.

Dark Egg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, what card should I get for DS Lite, the first post looks outdated. And do you know any europe reliable shop?
I want it to be fair cheap
dont need 3DS compatibility
want to play multiplayer games
SDHC support
Thanks for replies!!
EDIT: Should I get R4 Snoopy?

Last edited by Dark Egg,

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't get "R4iSDHC Snoopy" (or whatever it is called) as you can't be sure it is any good, because there are no reviews.

If you want to run ROM hacks and other oddball ROMs with an SDHC card, you shouldn't get a DSTWO. SDHC only works well with common games on DSTWO.

If you don't want to use homebrew specific to the DSTWO, you should get a Acekard 2i. Note that you should try to get a card with HWID 81 so that it can be updated to run on some later DSi's and 3DS's System Versions. Also, you should put the "AKAIO" operating system on it. The other OS is the one that comes with it, which is old.

I don't know about carts that aren't in the table. Also, I don't know if you will have ROM compatibility problems with the DSTWO, as I don't have one.

Last edited by Hiccup,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, what card should I get for DS Lite, the first post looks outdated. And do you know any europe reliable shop?
I want it to be fair cheap
dont need 3DS compatibility
want to play multiplayer games
SDHC support
Thanks for replies!!
EDIT: Should I get R4 Snoopy?
Personally I suggest either DSTwo if you wanna get a high end cart and if you want a cheaper lower end one an R4i GOLD 3DS is your best options.

I know you don't care about 3DS compatability but it's still one of the best carts available at this time for as cheap as it is.
(8-15$ usually)

You shouldn't get "R4iSDHC Snoopy" (or whatever it is called) as you can't be sure it is any good, because there are no reviews.

If you want to run ROM hacks and other oddball ROMs with an SDHC card, you shouldn't get a DSTWO. SDHC only works well with common games on DSTWO.

If you don't want to use homebrew specific to the DSTWO, you should get a Acekard 2i. Note that you should try to get a card with HWID 81 so that it can be updated to run on some later DSi's and 3DS's System Versions. Also, you should put the "AKAIO" operating system on it. The other OS is the one that comes with it, which is old.

I don't know about carts that aren't in the table. Also, I don't know if you will have ROM compatibility problems with the DSTWO, as I don't have one.

There's a bit of mis-information in this post here, the DSTwo works with many rom hacks fine on SDHC, and DSTwo works with around 99.9% of all DS games on SDHC without patching. The homebrew stuff is auto-DLDI patching so it'll work without pre-patching on this cart. For DSphat and DSLite it can support Slot2 as either EZFlash 5 (3 in 1) or the old GBA Supercard for advanced GBA support, RAM expansion and rumble.

I'm speaking firsthand here, I own a DSTwo+ myself.

The only real negative it has is that it's cpu drains the battery a fair bit faster and it's not capable of sleeping so your DS's sleepmode will drain the battery a bit more then usual.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

dskelly1001

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DSi with version 1.4.3E and I don't know which flashcart is best to buy for playing my game backups and running cheats. I haven't owned a flashcart since I had an R4 for the DS lite but lately I have been reading about needing a recordable card and needing a firmware writer but I have no idea what these are or if I even need them. Can anyone please help me and tell me whether or not I need these and which would be the best flashcart for me to buy?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DSi with version 1.4.3E and I don't know which flashcart is best to buy for playing my game backups and running cheats. I haven't owned a flashcart since I had an R4 for the DS lite but lately I have been reading about needing a recordable card and needing a firmware writer but I have no idea what these are or if I even need them. Can anyone please help me and tell me whether or not I need these and which would be the best flashcart for me to buy?

The only hardware you need beside the flashcard is a Micro SD card (up to 32gb).
Get the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn) (linked below). It uses the Wood Kernel which you probably used on your old R4:

http://www.3dsgamerworld.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-dsi-dsi-xl-p-2.html

http://www.new3dscard.com/r4i-gold-...9.html?zenid=1665c74a8d535b14a2556be09bc7df00

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Get Wood v1.64 for it here:
http://filetrip.net/dl?FhXOBrY7vI

For the latest Cheat Database go to Retro Gamer Fan's YSMenu thread (link) and download his 'Latest DAT Update'. In the 'DAT' folder copy the 'usrcheat.dat' to '__rpg\cheats' on your Micro SD card (which is the folder Wood uses).
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=33411

Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp, I'm still trying to find a decent deal on either DStwo, because my original one is getting flakey, and whilie it would be nice as an alternative if ever I migrate the card toward a 3DS system, or team supercard improves on it enough to actually warrant retiring my OG gateway 3ds.

Especially since I must have lucked out being able to buy the original DStwo for like $25 at a point there, where most of the time I can only find the DStwo+ for $40... which is a lot less than the $80 I had to pay for the 2-card Gateway set.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whelp, I'm still trying to find a decent deal on either DStwo, because my original one is getting flakey, and whilie it would be nice as an alternative if ever I migrate the card toward a 3DS system, or team supercard improves on it enough to actually warrant retiring my OG gateway 3ds.

Especially since I must have lucked out being able to buy the original DStwo for like $25 at a point there, where most of the time I can only find the DStwo+ for $40... which is a lot less than the $80 I had to pay for the 2-card Gateway set.

Try cleaning the contacts on your original DSTwo. I know it's more difficult with a DSTwo because of those small plastic separators, so a cotton bud isn't ideal. I would try some isopropyl alcohol on a PCB brush.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: whitemike

Jaldon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm collecting games for 'old' systems. I don't mind spending a lot, but I was hoping to find a flashcart that covers all (or as many as possible) of the DS systems. It doesn't have to be soon, I just want to make sure that they don't go out of production and become impossible to find.

I'm guessing DSTwo+ would be the best one?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm collecting games for 'old' systems. I don't mind spending a lot, but I was hoping to find a flashcart that covers all (or as many as possible) of the DS systems. It doesn't have to be soon, I just want to make sure that they don't go out of production and become impossible to find.

I'm guessing DSTwo+ would be the best one?
Yes, just don't use it for anything 3ds game related, aka gateway, and it's just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1