Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

Marcus Aseth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys noob question,the supercard DSTwo works fine for the 3ds xl? I mean,this 3ds xl has anything different from the standard 3ds? :P

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Gosh I've tried looking a bit everywhere, but I'm a tad confused.

I'm a new owner of a 3DS, and I just updated to the latest ver. (6.0 something).
What's confusing me is I read that some cards can be blocked before they can even run some file to "update" themselves.

What am I missing here? :(

P.S. I was thinking of the R4 Gold (or whatever it's name is).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Gosh I've tried looking a bit everywhere, but I'm a tad confused.

I'm a new owner of a 3DS, and I just updated to the latest ver. (6.0 something).
What's confusing me is I read that some cards can be blocked before they can even run some file to "update" themselves.

What am I missing here? :(

P.S. I was thinking of the R4 Gold (or whatever it's name is).
6.0 just came out, now is a bad time to buy. Wait a week or so for all the flash carts to update, then wait for the shops to update their stock before sending them out.

You people really need to stop fucking updating your systems. >>;

ordonezeddie07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's generally recommended to use the DSi version if you're updating it on a DSi or 3DS, but yeah if it's on a DS/Lite it shouldn't matter.

ember: 244492"]It's generally recommended to use the DSi version if you're updating it on a DSi or 3DS, but yeah if it's on a DS/Lite it shouldn't matter.[/quote]

To tell you the truth or to being honest I 2 cant decide on what r4 card to buy I have on saved or a couple saved on my pc or computer I am looking on a r4 3ds gold 8gb Kingston card 8gb well I have the site saved up and I have the gold card saved on it its only 30.00 bucks with a couple more r4 cards, they were all like 20.00-30.00 bucks now there like 30.00

ordonezeddie07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping to get some help with what card would be most ideal for me. I just have a DS Lite and would like to be able to use DS games and run programs such as "animatee." I was recommended just the plain old R4 card. Would this be fine? Since there are clones and such, which do you guys think is best? Thanks.

I heard about and or so did my research and the older the r4 card is the harder is to umm play games or update with firmware like the regular r4 card

shinjiikari

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, guys, I apologise if this is a stupid question but I'm really wondering.
So I got a 3DS and an NDSLite and I've been looking for flash carts. Because price is definitely an issue for me I found a few cheap ones on eachmall.me and I'm wondering if they will work, as I've read some may be fake or clones. A friend told me any cart is supposed to work on the DSlite, but can you please help me choose which one of these three to get for the 3DS?
nHGeTPr.png

If none of them are okay, I suppose I'll have to buy the R4i Gold from http://bit.ly/111LThg , as I've heard its legit.
Thanks a lot.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So is the SuperCart DSTwo the best card?
It's the only one that has never needed to put out a new model to get past a DSi/3DS update.

Hey, guys, I apologise if this is a stupid question but I'm really wondering.
So I got a 3DS and an NDSLite and I've been looking for flash carts. Because price is definitely an issue for me I found a few cheap ones on eachmall.me and I'm wondering if they will work, as I've read some may be fake or clones. A friend told me any cart is supposed to work on the DSlite, but can you please help me choose which one of these three to get for the 3DS?
nHGeTPr.png

If none of them are okay, I suppose I'll have to buy the R4i Gold from http://bit.ly/111LThg , as I've heard its legit.
Thanks a lot.
The middle one there is the only one that looks like an actual r4ids.cn, but unless you can confirm the website printed on the cart/box I'd go with the second link you posted.

CheeseMonkey18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Rydian, I have an R4i SDHC card (the 1.4.3 version) and I can't update it to work with an updated DSi XL (1.4.5 latest firmware). Apparently I may need to buy a new card, which I've seen you express as being bullcrap.

I'd like to get a DSTWO card but I'm afraid of incompatibility with the many saves I have on the R4i card. Do you know if they're compatible? If not, how would I convert them to be compatible? Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey Rydian, I have an R4i SDHC card (the 1.4.3 version) and I can't update it to work with an updated DSi XL (1.4.5 latest firmware). Apparently I may need to buy a new card, which I've seen you express as being bullcrap.

I'd like to get a DSTWO card but I'm afraid of incompatibility with the many saves I have on the R4i card. Do you know if they're compatible? If not, how would I convert them to be compatible? Thanks.
Yeah R4/i SDHC does that all the time. The DSTwo hasn't needed a new model yet, on the other hand.

Most flash carts use the same save format nowadays (RAW), but there's this if you do need to convert.
http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

isamu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. So just to confirm these cards allow you to store 3DS roms and play them right off the card? How many roms can you store on it?

William Bernhard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was very happy with my SCDSTWO back when I bought it two years ago... ... ... and I'm still very happy with it because it let me watch my movies without the need of weird .dpg conversions or splitting them in parts of 10 for the 3ds camera, sadly the poor thing is nearly forgotten those days... my poor poor Iphone wannabe...

intheinterestoftime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I would in a more general sense, like to thank this entire community as I was once in the dark on which to get, where to buy, and even came close to getting scammed. I'm thankful this forum has thrived for so long.

scottsan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the price, I recommend R4 RTS.

It's only $10 on sites like PeachDS and GameModForums

SuperCard is great, but $35? If you just using the flashcart to play DS games.. go with R4 RTS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch