Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

JustOneQuestion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a literal one-time use, but yeah, I don't really plan to use it for anything after the transfers.

Any reliable site that's selling the r4ids.cn cart for cheaper than $15? I've seen some for under $10, but those are all wholesale...

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Would I need a DS lite or DSi to update a Supercard DSTwo to support my 3DS that sits on the latest firmware?
I heard somwhere that the card patches itself aslong as it finds the right files och the card and the power is on. Is this true?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I need a DS lite or DSi to update a Supercard DSTwo to support my 3DS that sits on the latest firmware?
I heard somwhere that the card patches itself aslong as it finds the right files och the card and the power is on. Is this true?

Yes but it can brick your DSTwo if you do it incorrectly.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how is it done?
And how do I avoid bricking my card?

You place the regular dstwoupdate.dat on sd. But put a "b" in dstwoupdate.dat ---> dstwoupdateb.dat. It will show an error screen. You should wait 7-10 minutes. Shutting off to early will cause to brick.

ModuRaziel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian.
3dslink(www.3dslink.com) and r4i gold 3ds deluxe should be added to the list.
Both of them can support 3DS roms.

Is anyone able to confirm this? I want to buy a flashcart exclusively to play 3ds roms (starfox 3d, Zelda Ocarina of Time, etc) and have spent so much time trying to get a 100% confirmation that i wont be wasting my money, but am still uncertain.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe not the best topic for this , but i just bought a 25$ prepaid mastercard , but didnt know until too late that the site i was gonna use only take visa , so now can someone give me a linki to buy a r4 for my 3ds with a micro sd for 25$ or less with shipping to canada (it is only to play nds stuffs on my 3dsXL )thanks.

nathan_cpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I need to get a flashcard that:
-Can run on ver 1.4.3E DSi XL
-Does not need to be updated/flashed to work
-Low risk of bricking my DSi XL
-Only requires kernel and games to work out of the box
-Is affordable
-(optional) plays music and movies

I have looked at the options and Ace3ds looks acceptable, what are your opinions?

The Ace3ds I saw was pink with Mario on it, I don't want to risk fakes, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Nathan​

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I need to get a flashcard that:
-Can run on ver 1.4.3E DSi XL
-Does not need to be updated/flashed to work
-Low risk of bricking my DSi XL
-Only requires kernel and games to work out of the box
-Is affordable
-(optional) plays music and movies

I have looked at the options and Ace3ds looks acceptable, what are your opinions?

The Ace3ds I saw was pink with Mario on it, I don't want to risk fakes, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Nathan​
As you're running 1.4.3, you could buy an Acekard 2i.

Reactions: nathan_cpt

r3skyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so confused by all this talk. I will break out and ask the question.

I own the pikachu 3ds xl. It is updated to the latest firmware from what I can tell.
I am just wanting to purchase a card that will allow me to play the older NDS games on the 3DS XL without any issues. I have no desire for any 3DS game support and whatnot. Just want to play older pokemon games.
Also, do the multiplayer features of the games work still when using the roms on the cards?

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the pikachu 3ds xl. It is updated to the latest firmware from what I can tell.
Supercard DStwo supports the latest firmware. I tried looking at the suggested R4 clones sites and it said they only support 6.3.X, but I've seen people talk about using it on the latest firmware. Not sure what's up with that.

I am just wanting to purchase a card that will allow me to play the older NDS games on the 3DS XL without any issues. I have no desire for any 3DS game support and whatnot. Just want to play older pokemon games.
Supercard DStwo plays DS games along with GBA games (which is great) and GBC (every flashcart can) so you can play all the mainline pokemon games.

Also, do the multiplayer features of the games work still when using the roms on the cards?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1