Hacking Which Combo would you recomend me?

Alex658

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Price is relevant as well, I don't have too much money to spare...

Which combo would be the best or cheapest. PSP's here are incredibly overpriced... So yeah.

I also plan on hacking it. So which one would have the best support? For example. I plan on getting a lot of emulators running, Specially the PSX emulation/support. And If I've heard correctly then the earlier PSP's have waaaay better support. (As to what titles are supported as opposed to the 2000/3000/Go. I would like to know that as well if possible.

EDIT: Also which model out of the original PSP's would you recommend?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Anything on PSN PS1 Classics will play on any PSP (obviously if you don't want to buy them then you can pirate them).

Making your own eboots (PSP format to read games) is another matter and gets confusing for first time users. You have to use popsloader which gives an extra boost for compatibility which has more support on older firmware than on newer firmware (but it's getting better).

Emulators for GBA/SNES/etc will work perfectly fine on any PSP model or firmware.

If you're looking for a cheaper price for decent size memory, get the PSP Go.
Finding a decent size memory stick for the other PSP models can be a pain since they are usually high priced and fake.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What Prowler_ said.

+ I'd go for a Go since it has cheapish memory (M2s cost about half the price of Pro Duos) and the internal 16 Gb. So far haven't seen any game that doesn't work with the PSP Go, but as said before it is all about the CFW installed.

-Qtis

Slacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been researching all day and am thoroughly confused by a lot of old data.

Is there any model of PSP (mobo, firmware, etc) that cannot be hacked to play emulators and custom games? I'm looking into getting one for NES, SNES, GB/C, GBA, PSX emulation almost entirely and some sources say that newer (3000, 6.40+) cannot be hacked.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slacko said:

Is there any model of PSP (mobo, firmware, etc) that cannot be hacked to play emulators and custom games? I'm looking into getting one for NES, SNES, GB/C, GBA, PSX emulation almost entirely and some sources say that newer (3000, 6.40+) cannot be hacked.
3000 and Go on 6.60 cannot be hacked (yet)
But, the firmware came out recently so there is a very slim chance you will get a PSP with this firmware, also new PSPs will not have this firmware on.

With the way things are moving (6.60 CFW for 1000 and 2000 (the hackable models)) it won't be long until something pops up for all PSP models.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no there shadow....

Theres hacked and theres fully hacked.... 1/2K are fully and others are partially...

Slacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a partial hack, is the only difference that the CFW has to be reloaded upon every full shutdown? Are there emulators or things that can't be used on a PH? If this is in the FAQ, please direct me there. I read it all once but might be misremembering.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Definitely PSP 2000 + Memstick. I picked one up from our Trading section for only 80 euros (including shipping!). A fully hacked PSP 2000 in almost perfect condition with an 8GB memory stick.
And PSX support is superb, I've already completed THPS 2 and THPS 4 on it, love it!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Slacko said:

3000 and Go on 6.60 cannot be hacked (yet)
But, the firmware came out recently so there is a very slim chance you will get a PSP with this firmware, also new PSPs will not have this firmware on.

With the way things are moving (6.60 CFW for 1000 and 2000 (the hackable models)) it won't be long until something pops up for all PSP models.
I thought 3000 was partially hacked...?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Slacko said:
With a partial hack, is the only difference that the CFW has to be reloaded upon every full shutdown?Yes.

Slacko said:
Are there emulators or things that can't be used on a PH? If this is in the FAQ, please direct me there. I read it all once but might be misremembering.The partial has no disadvantages like that, which is why it's mentioned and encouraged. If you need to boot OFW, simply hold Select on startup.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Aug 19 2011, 05:39 PM)
I thought 3000 was partially hacked...?
6.39 PRO can now have a different type of permanent hack for 3000s, but it's limited and still dangerous, so we rarely mention it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0