Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

greatwizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HI!

I recently bought two 3DS XL in France at a market called Carrefour:

• 3DS XL Black/Grey SEH1093 Copyright 2012 => 4.4.0-10E
  • 3DS XL White SEF1126 Copyright 2013 => 4.4.0-10E

Buffy.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello gbatemp Community :)
I´m from Germany and I want to buy one of these 2 3DS XL (if they have FW <4.5):

WHITE 3DS XL COPYRIGHT 2013 SEF11224xxx
9t3d3h3n_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3783/9t3d3h3n_jpg.htm

RED BLACK 3DS XL COPYRIGHT 2012 SEH11075xxx
l8bqandy_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3783/l8bqandy_jpg.htm

Both are in a local electronic store called saturn.

Which one has the higher chance to have FW 4.5 or lower?

I think maybe both have FW 4.5??? (according to FW list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VlFZVnN6RUpWbERIcHdYRFR6MUE&usp=sharing#gid=0 )

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I´m from Germany and I want to buy one of these 2 3DS XL (if they have FW <4.5):

9t3d3h3n_jpg.htm

l8bqandy_jpg.htm

I think maybe both have FW 4.5??? (according to FW list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VlFZVnN6RUpWbERIcHdYRFR6MUE&usp=sharing#gid=0 )
red/black would be the safer bet out of the 2....but they should both be 4.x

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country

9t3d3h3n_jpg.htm

l8bqandy_jpg.htm

Fyi, I strongly advice against buying it at a local store unless they actually let you check the firmware by booting up the console (which Saturn won't). I've bought a red 3DS before from Saturn and it turned out to be a refurbished model, so it actually came with a ridiculous firmware like 7.1.0. Luckily I was able to return it because it had a scratch on the display.

Note that in Germany you cannot return these things anymore when bought from a local store (unless there's an actual flaw with the device OR the seller is nice, which Saturn is not), so chances are if it doesn't come with a good firmware, you're stuck with the console. Better just get one from Amazon, I got my (plain) 3DS there and it came with 2.1.0, and if it doesn't come with the correct version you can return it (because it's an online sale).

Bryght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two days ago I was sick and skipped my classes. I decided to yolo-drive to another city (outisde of Paris), in a deserted electronic store to look for a 3DS.
How surprised was I when I found a compatible 3DS XL :lol: :

Serial : SEH10903xxx
Color : Silver-black
Copyright : 2012
Firmware : 4.4.0-10E

Now waiting for the Gateway :yaynds:

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are American 3DS XLs with a serial number of "SW40*"? I was surprised to see that some 3DS XLs' serial numbers started with "SW40*" instead of "SW12*" or similar.

thaosnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well pawn shop has 3ds and if you ask them if you can turn them on and check, they dont care ..that how i got my 4.1.0 and return my 7.x.x to the pawn shop...lol

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two days ago I was sick and skipped my classes. I decided to yolo-drive to another city (outisde of Paris), in a deserted electronic store to look for a 3DS.
How surprised was I when I found a compatible 3DS XL :lol: :

Serial : SEH10903xxx
Firmware : 4.4.0-10E

Now waiting for the Gateway :yaynds:
As I see by myself when I go shopping, this is often the only color in stocks to have this firmware. :)

Bryght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I see by myself when I go shopping, this is often the only color in stocks to have this firmware. :)

I know right, I've checked a lot of stores, and only saw Silver compatible 3DSes. All the other ones were more recent consoles. I wish I had found a white 3DS instead, but well I'll deal with it :P

Ruckle

Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up just to express my thanks to this thread, especially to the dudes who confirmed the firmware of the Japanese Tomodachi collection 3DS LL.
Went down to my local Edion today and picked up one new. SJF1279xxxx with a sweet 4.5 in the settings.
Now just gots to wait for my Gateway to arrive.

trazome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

From Amazon.it:
Serial : SEF10755xxx
Firmware : 4.2.0-9E

EUR 154,99 (+shipping)

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought 4 3DS XL's with serial numbers SW10xxx and SW11xxx.:lol: I just sold one which is on FW 4.2 and I kept one for myself which is also 4.2. I have two left, one in Blue and one in Red if anyone is interested. I am selling them for $240 (CAN) OR $215 (US) each plus shipping. If you are interested in purchasing one please message me and I can create an eBay item for you so it's all legit and safe. These are both SEALED brand new, Blue has serial SW1001xxxx x and Red has serial SW1114xxxx x. If I sell these I may be able to get my hands on a couple more if people are interested. I am located in Ottawa, Canada if anyone would prefer picking it up. Thank you!

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
mONSTER hUNTER 3 uLTIMATE nINTENDO 3DS xl bLACK eDITION SR:EF1145 comes with 4.5

u can find several on amazon/ebay and other places. Very very pricey though so that's an issue but yu'll get 4.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!