Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SW132X (Blue) came with 6.1 from Gamestop, though they took it out of the box to show it to me, not sure if it was opened before that day or not. Returning the unit for a ding on the top screen that was there out-of-the-box anyway.

Has anyone received a SW13XX on <=4.5? The manager said I could also swap for Gamestop credit, so I might just get games with that money and spend more on an additional one from eBay.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this as I did not go thorugh every page but I just bought a 3ds XL from target and it has the © 2012 on the box but it has firmware 6.1.0-12U on it. bummed. Is there any other way to tell by looking at the box?

EDIT:

Also wanted to add that my serial number starts with SW132

That means you either bought a black on black XL (which will NEVER have less than 5.0 fw on it) or someone updated it and returned it/restocked item.

D

Deleted User

SW132X (Blue) came with 6.1 from Gamestop, though they took it out of the box to show it to me, not sure if it was opened before that day or not. Returning the unit for a ding on the top screen that was there out-of-the-box anyway.

Has anyone received a SW13XX on <=4.5? The manager said I could also swap for Gamestop credit, so I might just get games with that money and spend more on an additional one from eBay.

Dude, you have to get SW123XX not SW132XX. 2 before the 3, just like I before the E in English./

Pokeman060

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the box has (C) 2012 Nintendo, it should be firmware 5.0 or more likely lower. I got my 3DS (not XL) on firmware 4.4 when it said (C) 2012 Nintendo.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude, you have to get SW123XX not SW132XX. 2 before the 3, just like I before the E in English./
Is... that some sort of joke I am not getting or is this just wrong?

And I don't think Saturosias actually mixed up 123 with 132... He's just wondering if there's a possibility SW132 will have a 4.5 firmware.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"I before E except after C" used to be an English spelling mnemonic which happens to have more exceptions than applications... see also QI S8E14

Oh! It's... He means I before E in words in the English language! I thought he meant in the word "English"! I was so confused!
...Now that I think about it, I might've heard about this 'rule' before, though I never paid it much mind, since I'd rather just remember how to spell words on a word-by-word basis.

I also don't entirely see how that is even remotely relevant to "2 before 3 in 3DS serial numbers"...

D

Deleted User

"I before E except after C" used to be an English spelling mnemonic which happens to have more exceptions than applications... see also QI S8E14

Lol you're right, I never see that anymore. And it's relevant to those who want 3DS systems that have lower firmwares. :) I picked up mine yesterday with a SW12309 and it had 4.4.

Sim209

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

First of all, i'd like to thank you very much, because this thread is really helpful! And more especially Kalimero and his List for EU people!

However, a doubt remain... and i'd like to have your advices on this case...

I found a Black/Grey 3DS Xl in a store in my town... The serial Number on the box is : SEF1078 ####

It should have a firmware under 4.5, isn't it ? What do you think?

Again thanks a lot!

S.

killernacho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody,

First of all, i'd like to thank you very much, because this thread is really helpful! And more especially Kalimero and his List for EU people!

However, a doubt remain... and i'd like to have your advices on this case...

I found a Black/Grey 3DS Xl in a store in my town... The serial Number on the box is : SEF1078 ####

Again thanks a lot!

S.
The serial # is supposed to start with SW. You need to look more carefully next time.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

It should have a firmware under 4.5, isn't it ? What do you think

Try it and report back please. I'm very confident it has a low FW version.
It's below the highest reported serial number with FW<=4.5 (SEH113).
And if the letters matter it's still below SEF110.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Completely forgot to comment on this in the process... I have a Black/Gray 3DS as well with Serial SEF1068xxxx x
And it had Firmware 4.2.

Karze

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to all the people who have contributed, its been very helpful.

Just got myself a Red 3DSXL from Tesco in London for £125.

Serial SUF1031#### #
FW 4.4

Looks like they getting rid of all their old stock (original 3dsXL red/blue/silver), so they may ALL be below FW4.5!!
Also Amazon uk are doing the same price for the above stock as well.

Reactions: kalimero

Sim209

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody, thanks for comments!

I went back to the store today and unfortunately the "SEF1078" was sold.

I finally bought a black and red 3DS Xl with "SEH1068" Serial number and his firmware is ... 4.2.0.9-E :-)

So thanks again for advices, don't hesitate to add it in the Kalimero's list (unless i can do it by my self?)

S.

Reactions: kalimero

sonicrider97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, im curious if you can recognize if a regular 3ds, not the XL has a firmware lower than 4.5. Since SW12XX applies to the 3DS XL, the serial number on the 3ds box looks like CWXXXX and the one i found is like CW 42XX.

How can I be completely sure it is less than 4.5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...