Hacking Where is the Wiikey U?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says right there that it can be done with the software so shouldn't need anything extra. I'm a lil confused as to why drive keys need to be extracted. The wode jukebox for the wii doesn't need keys. The 3k3y for the ps3 doesn't need keys neither. Keys are normally used for flashing like with the 360. If I understand correctly ode's plug between your drive and board bypassing the drive(emulating it) trick it into loading from USB,SD,ext hard drive to. I personally have the wode couple wires, then load the firmware after that good to go. I could be wrong I'm not the greatest at tech talk lol.

It would appear from the way the ODE groups are talking we will need keys for WiiU. In theory they should be attainable via a software exploit but unless Nintendo are idiots that key the process to attain that key would need a kernel exploit which are so far only rumored.

The keys might be pulled via a firmware dump of the drive (like x360). The ode itself might be able to pull the firmware or keys.

Hopefully all will be known soon enough. I just know the second I update past 5.1 the news will break you need 5.1 to dump your keys....lol. I can't afford a second WiiU so I am just biding my time playing my bqcklog and messing with Nintendon't.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would appear from the way the ODE groups are talking we will need keys for WiiU. In theory they should be attainable via a software exploit but unless Nintendo are idiots that key the process to attain that key would need a kernel exploit which are so far only rumored.

The keys might be pulled via a firmware dump of the drive (like x360). The ode itself might be able to pull the firmware or keys.

Hopefully all will be known soon enough. I just know the second I update past 5.1 the news will break you need 5.1 to dump your keys....lol. I can't afford a second WiiU so I am just biding my time playing my bqcklog and messing with Nintendon't.

You'd need more than a kernel exploit. A kernel exploit wouldn't let you see any interesting keys.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think these fools are pulling us this thing ain't happening. 1st they said last month than they say this month now nothing but silence. i think someone from ninty really did infiltrate them and send the info back to ninty and they patched it already :P

Reactions: pedrobarca

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says right there that it can be done with the software so shouldn't need anything extra. I'm a lil confused as to why drive keys need to be extracted. The wode jukebox for the wii doesn't need keys. The 3k3y for the ps3 doesn't need keys neither. Keys are normally used for flashing like with the 360. If I understand correctly ode's plug between your drive and board bypassing the drive(emulating it) trick it into loading from USB,SD,ext hard drive to. I personally have the wode couple wires, then load the firmware after that good to go. I could be wrong I'm not the greatest at tech talk lol.

Optical drive emulators (xk3y) on the Xbox 360 require the drive key since the motherboard is 'paired' with the drive key on the DVD reader.

The only way for the ODE to emulate the drive is to have the drive key. The data coming from the disc is decrypted using the key. Without it you get no valid data.

Until the WiiU product is released anything that is said about it being able to be done with just software is pure speculation.

Some versions of the Xbox 360 can have their drive key extracted with just software. Others require a significant hardware mod to extract the key.

The Wii's "master keys" have been uncovered so we can run unsigned code on it and don't need a hardware mod. The WiiU's master keys have not been uncovered so something else will be needed to extract the keys that control access to the drive.

Dark_Shiva144

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I'm new here:3
I've been wondering...will the Wiikey U make it possible to bypass the region-lock? That's really the only reason I would want it, because I want to be able to play Fatal Frame V, and a localization is unlikely. If it's not able to bypass the region-lock, though, I guess I will have to import a Japanese Wii U...

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I'm new here:3
I've been wondering...will the Wiikey U make it possible to bypass the region-lock? That's really the only reason I would want it, because I want to be able to play Fatal Frame V, and a localization is unlikely. If it's not able to bypass the region-lock, though, I guess I will have to import a Japanese Wii U...

no it won`t

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you:)
Well, I guess that makes my decision easy. I'll import a Japanese Wii U.

no problem, Crediar (Wii/GC developer) stated, that it can only be achieved via a softmod, here the quote from him
Slartibartfast42 while stripping unused data will surly come, a hardmod will never be able to make a game play on a different region.
The region information now is in an signed area and obtaining the private key is considered impossible.

The only way for region free is a softmod.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Idk if is real or not.. but a WIIUODE can be buyed on NewYork city in Chinatown..

I highly doubt, that some back alley store in chinatown NY has a device, that every console hacking online store has been waiting for for months
probably fake or a wii mod chip "cleverly" renamed to fool people

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buy games? For a peasant box? Fuck that shit.

Consoles and handhelds are strictly in the "piracy-only" territory for me, and I'm proud of it. Nintendo and their disgusting business model of shitting out a watered down, incredibly weak, proprietary computer every five years and proceeding to hold all their software hostage to it won't see a dime out of me. I refuse to support the business model of exclusives, but I won't punish myself by not playing them either - I'll just pirate them.

The only time I buy games is on PC. My Steam/Origin/Uplay libraries combined have over 500 games.
Proud? Punish yourself for not playing exclusives cause your not good with "the business model" of a company?

And I thought I heard every "argument" for pirating games already :rofl:

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Buy games? For a peasant box? Fuck that shit.

Consoles and handhelds are strictly in the "piracy-only" territory for me, and I'm proud of it. Nintendo and their disgusting business model of shitting out a watered down, incredibly weak, proprietary computer every five years and proceeding to hold all their software hostage to it won't see a dime out of me. I refuse to support the business model of exclusives, but I won't punish myself by not playing them either - I'll just pirate them.

The only time I buy games is on PC. My Steam/Origin/Uplay libraries combined have over 500 games.

...you do know Sony and Microsoft are doing the exact same thing with their exclusives? Also, you're a bit of a hypocrite, as Valve does the EXACT SAME THING with some of their games. And Origin? they have games that are exclusive to Origin users only.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Optical drive emulators (xk3y) on the Xbox 360 require the drive key since the motherboard is 'paired' with the drive key on the DVD reader.

The only way for the ODE to emulate the drive is to have the drive key. The data coming from the disc is decrypted using the key. Without it you get no valid data.

Until the WiiU product is released anything that is said about it being able to be done with just software is pure speculation.

Some versions of the Xbox 360 can have their drive key extracted with just software. Others require a significant hardware mod to extract the key.

The Wii's "master keys" have been uncovered so we can run unsigned code on it and don't need a hardware mod. The WiiU's master keys have not been uncovered so something else will be needed to extract the keys that control access to the drive.
Actually they haven't, the Wii just had such shit security people were able to work around it without much issues. The only console that ever had their master key exposed AFAIK is the PS3 and one update later they just changed it.

Xizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...you do know Sony and Microsoft are doing the exact same thing with their exclusives? Also, you're a bit of a hypocrite, as Valve does the EXACT SAME THING with some of their games. And Origin? they have games that are exclusive to Origin users only.

You think I pay for Sony and Microsoft's games either? :lol:

I certainly have more respect for those two than Nintendo though. At least they port some of their games to PC every once in a while. Fable, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, etc. And Sony has a PC game division, SOE. What's the last PC game Nintendo released? Mario Teaches Typing?

Sony and Microsoft only get my support when Sony and Microsoft release a game on the PC. Every game they hold hostage to one of their peasant boxes gets the piracy treatment too.

Also I have no problems with a game being exclusive to the best platform. The problem with console games being exclusive is that they are being held hostage to inferior platforms so their potential is being artificially limited. When a game is exclusive to the PC its potential is not being limited in any shape, form or fashion. Developing software for a console is a waste of development time. I'd sure hate to be working on the console version of a video game; knowing my hours were being wasted creating an inferior version of software for a proprietary computer that will be dead and out of production five years from now.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya that's what it sounds like to me. Prolly a "doctored up" wii clone chip with a new logo claiming to be an ode for tghe wii u. I guarantee this is fake. I just feel bad for the poor saps who actually waste their money on such a thing, only to realize there's no way to attach it to the wii U XD

I highly doubt, that some back alley store in chinatown NY has a device, that every console hacking online store has been waiting for for months
probably fake or a wii mod chip "cleverly" renamed to fool people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-