When will Miiverse, Wii U Chat, Nintendo TVii and WaraWara Plaza revive for Wii U?

What Nintendo Network's Services do you want to be revived?

• Miiverse

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Wii U Chat

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Nintendo TVii

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • WaraWara Plaza

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Wii Street U ™ powered by Google (extra)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND (extra)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Nintendo Network Premium / Deluxe Digital Promotion (extra)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Club Nintendo (extra)

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • BBC iPlayer (secret extra )

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Hulu (secret extra )

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know if I'm kidding or ... what?

Because I do not know, but since when does the Wii U have 4K support?

I think we need to create a video adapter similar to the Wii2HDMI, which can convert the 480p image of the Wii to HD, 720p or 1080p.

One that can convert 720p or 1080p image from Wii U to Ultra-HD, 4K.

Do you think we need a 4K video adapter similar to the Wii2HDMI for Wii U?
No need to, a Wii2HDMI adapter just upscales a 480p image, just like the Wii U does internally in vWii. So upscaling a 1080p Wii U image to 4K is literally the same as plugging it straight into a 4K TV.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No need to, a Wii2HDMI adapter just upscales a 480p image, just like the Wii U does internally in vWii. So upscaling a 1080p Wii U image to 4K is literally the same as plugging it straight into a 4K TV.
Seriously?

This will be true?

show me an image or video about what you say or optionally, a reliable source.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seriously?

This will be true?

show me an image or video about what you say or optionally, a reliable source.
images

There you go.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you miss the miiverse have a look at the rverse Discord: https://discord.gg/6TUYMUE
Rverse is a Miiverse clone that currently works on 3DS and they are working on making it working on the Wii U too. All you need is cfw.

EDIT: oh, didn't see r(e)verse mentioned in an upper post
Exactly, but:

Who revives Wii U Chat and Nintendo TVii?

Note: I think Wii U Chat is easy to program that Nintendo TVii, TVii could be a challenge to bring it back to Wii U but, Wii U Chat could not be a challenge to bring it back to Wii U, I think.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's awesome, you should take a crack at it since it's easy. I'd love to test your program.
Sorry :(

A server in my country (Venezuela) costs too expensive to install anywhere.

Should the Wii U community or the Wii U Scene program the service and pay for the server for Wii U Chat.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oh boy, here we go again.

There have been numerous attempts to revive Miiverse, none of which were very... good.
Wii U Chat will definitely not be revived because it's useless when you have services like Discord and Skype.
Neither will TVii. It was a TV streaming service. You can subscribe to YouTube TV if you miss it.
WaraWara Plaza would need a Miiverse revival first and like I said, nobody made a good attempt at doing that.
@smileyhead, Is there with the other extra services from the poll?

(Wii Street U ™ powered by Google, Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND, Nintendo Network Premium / Deluxe Digital Promotion, Club Nintendo, BBC iPlayer and Hulu Plus)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
@smileyhead, Is there with the other extra services from the poll?

(Wii Street U ™ powered by Google, Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND, Nintendo Network Premium / Deluxe Digital Promotion, Club Nintendo, BBC iPlayer and Hulu Plus)
I've never used any of those services, but I don't think any of them will get revived. The third party ones because they are third party and Club Nintendo because it was a store with exclusive merchandise. There's not really a way you can revive something like that.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am explain the reasons for closing Miiverse, Wii U Chat, Nintendo TVii and WaraWara Plaza:

Meanings of Colors:

• Green = Miiverse
  • Blue = Wii U Chat
  • Red = Nintendo TVii
  • Violet = WaraWara Plaza

First, Miiverse is believed to be closed because it was not used much, according to my cousin, although this conclusion is crap, there are videos and publications on the Internet about this,

For the company however, it did not make sense that Miiverse will remain active, because users are using other social networks, this is the reason of the closure of Miiverse.

Many say that Wii U sales were too low to keep Miiverse active.

The idea of Nintendo at first was related to the creation of a social network of its own, where players could comment on the games and make new friends.

According to EMD troll called @samurp7, says that Miiverse closed so that Nintendo could be dedicated to the servers of Switch, this was the logical reason for closing Miiverse, I say this in the first post of the thread.

In the case of titles that used some functions of Miiverse, in some cases you can share levels as before, but without commenting on them (Super Mario Maker Wii U); you can not win extra levels or share levels (Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars from Wii U and Nintendo 3DS); there will be no posts, repetitions, sharing scenarios or creating tournaments (Super Smash Bros. of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS); the possibility of uploading videos to YouTube as well as the tournament odo (Mario Kart 8 of Wii U) was eliminated; you can collect stamps but not upload them (Super Mario 3D World from Wii U); the BLADE report (Xenoblade Chronicles X from Wii U) was deleted; and all postings (Splatoon Wii U) will be deleted.

Also, Nintendo said that for its Switch console there will be no service that replaces Miiverse, since the console has connectivity with social networks like Facebook.

Second, Wii U Chat, I do not know anything about the closure of Wii U Chat on the internet, it is believed that it closed because people used Discord and Skype to chat, more than obvious reason not to keep Wii U Chat active, because it was too useless when You have Discord and Skype for that.

Third, Nintendo TVii closed because on YouTube TV you can subscribe and it is not necessary, although it TVii was free that YouTube TV, this service was closed in Japan on November 8, 2017, 2 years ago, while in North America it closed August 11, 2015, 4 years ago.

In case of Europe and Oceania it was canceled due to problems with multiple television services in those continents, in firmware version 5.4.0E, only in the PAL consoles, the icon of the Wii U Menu was removed, thus making the service already is not accessible, in the North American consoles, it happened in firmware version 5.5.0U.

Fourth, yes well WaraWara Plaza did not close, since it has no server to connect, it is a feature integrated by default in the console, it has offline mode and online mode (which, due to Nintendo's misfortune, is no longer valid today after the closure of Miiverse), making the Miiverse community no longer appear in WaraWara Plaza, because it was closed 2 years ago.

Even so, Miiverse needs to be revived to bring back WaraWara Plaza, but it will need all the communities of all the Wii U / 3DS games and its original interface that used the original Miiverse by default.

These are the reasons for closing the 4 services I mentioned?

Last edited by NancyDS,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Explain the reasons for closing Miiverse, Wii U Chat, Nintendo TVii and WaraWara Plaza:

First, Miiverse is believed to be closed because it was not used much, according to my cousin, although this conclusion is crap, there are videos and publications on the Internet about this,

For the company however, it did not make sense that Miiverse will remain active, because users are using other social networks, this is the reason of the closure of Miiverse.

Many say that Wii U sales were too low to keep Miiverse active.

The idea of Nintendo at first was related to the creation of a social network of its own, where players could comment on the games and make new friends.

According to EMD troll called @samurp7, says that Miiverse closed so that Nintendo could be dedicated to the servers of Switch, this was the logical reason for closing Miiverse, I say this in the first post of the thread.

In the case of titles that used some functions of Miiverse, in some cases you can share levels as before, but without commenting on them (Super Mario Maker Wii U); you can not win extra levels or share levels (Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars from Wii U and Nintendo 3DS); there will be no posts, repetitions, sharing scenarios or creating tournaments (Super Smash Bros. of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS); the possibility of uploading videos to YouTube as well as the tournament odo (Mario Kart 8 of Wii U) was eliminated; you can collect stamps but not upload them (Super Mario 3D World from Wii U); the BLADE report (Xenoblade Chronicles X from Wii U) was deleted; and all postings (Splatoon Wii U) will be deleted.

Also, Nintendo said that for its Switch console there will be no service that replaces Miiverse, since the console has connectivity with social networks like Facebook.

Second, Wii U Chat, I do not know anything about the closure of Wii U Chat on the internet, it is believed that it closed because people used Discord and Skype to chat, more than obvious reason not to keep Wii U Chat active, because it was too useless when You have Discord and Skype for that.

Third, Nintendo TVii closed because on YouTube TV you can subscribe and it is not necessary, although it was free that YouTube TV, this service was closed in Japan on November 8, 2017, 2 years ago, while in North America it closed August 11, 2015, 4 years ago.

In case of Europe and Oceania it was canceled due to problems with multiple television services in those continents, in firmware version 5.4.0E, only in the PAL consoles, the icon of the Wii U Menu was removed, thus making the service already is not accessible, in the North American consoles, it happened in firmware version 5.5.0U.

Fourth, yes well WaraWara Plaza did not close, since it has no server to connect, it is a feature integrated by default in the console, it has offline mode and online mode (which, due to Nintendo's misfortune, is no longer valid today after the closure of Miiverse), making the Miiverse community no longer appear in WaraWara Plaza, because it was closed 2 years ago.

Even so, Miiverse needs to be revived to bring back WaraWara Plaza, but it will need the two communities of all the Wii U / 3DS games and its original interface that used the original Miiverse by default.

These are the reasons for closing the 4 services I mentioned?
Really want our attention that much? Still, you can't just tell someone to make something for you if you don't know how to do it, have some decency. There just isn't much need for this, there isn't a large enough group of people who want it. Besides, it's already been attempted, Miiverse at least. As for the rest, nobody really cares anymore.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really want our attention that much? Still, you can't just tell someone to make something for you if you don't know how to do it, have some decency. There just isn't much need for this, there isn't a large enough group of people who want it. Besides, it's already been attempted, Miiverse at least. As for the rest, nobody really cares anymore.
why are you feeding the troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...