Hardware Whats your internet speed?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh, I used to have 200mpbs until a few months ago, but I decided to go back to 100 since it doesn't seem to make that much dif in most stuff. z.z

4569036605.png

cb9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My wifi speed

EDIT: Just tried a couple more times and it's up by a lot, first result seems to be a fluke.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2H6J1dQ.png

I'm paranoid about revealing my nearest server location :P Anyways not bad, esp. for dual band wireless connections :D

The server location isn't always the nearest though. At least from my results, it tends to go all over the country. Heck, Evora, the server it picked up, is exactly in the opposite side of the country. =O

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The server location isn't always the nearest though. At least from my results, it tends to go all over the country. Heck, Evora, the server it picked up, is exactly in the opposite side of the country. =O

It goes to the nearest server where I live, and I trust it as it is pretty fast.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is interesting. Last week my parents signed up for a 3Mb/s wireless package at their new house. I tested it then and the speeds were very clearly being throttled down to 3Mb/s. It hasn't been as fast the last couple days, so I checked and found it actively forcing me back down if I went above half a megabit:
4574649253.png

Interestingly, if I tunnel my traffic through my seedbox, I'm getting over 3x the advertised speeds to the same server.
4574653178.png

It's not a fluke, either; last night I was consistently downloading at 1.1-1.2 MB/s from MEGA, whereas if I try normally I get 64-65 KB/s. The website clearly states there're no download limits, but nothing about speed throttling; either way it's bullshit.

Between this and their questionable torrent filtering I'd almost say it's safer to go back to the old ISP - at least their terrible service was genuine ineptitude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill