• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

• BS Zelda

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spirit Tracks easily. That game was really tedious and just boring at the best of times.
Not to mention that horrid fucking spirit flute.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has some cosmetic and gameplay changes, 16:9, inverted map, controls; in GC you play as Link, in Wii you play as Recht.
What the actual hell are you talking about...? They are both Link. The same Link. Literally mirrored because most people are righties. Nintendo gave up with the left-handed Link for the Zelda games involving motion control.

Reactions: VinsCool

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In TP for the Wii you play as Knil.

I'm sorry.

The first Zelda hasn't aged too well. Then again, Spirit Track's train was incredibly tedious.
Also the CDi games, except maybe Zelda's Adventure (which was legit bad), are more of a "so bad, so good" kind of games. Seriously, try them out. They are still a whole different league than the other TLOD games though.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What the actual hell are you talking about...? They are both Link. The same Link. Literally mirrored because most people are righties. Nintendo gave up with the left-handed Link for the Zelda games involving motion control.
Man, it is a joke, Links mean left in German, and he was switched from being a leftie to being right handed in TP Wii, so now he is Rechts, that is the stupid joke.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triforce Heroes EASILY gets the spot for worst Zelda game for me. And the only 2 things that give it that are 1. The requirement of 3 players and 2. Single player mode (I still have nightmares about the wooden dolls... :sad:)

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the original Zelda when I was a kid, but that was partially because it was such a dramatic departure from anything that I'd ever played before. Zelda 2 was a disappointment. Link to then Past was just ok for me. I never cared for Ocarina, or really any of the 3d games until BoTW. I played a bit of Skyward Sword, and I think I would've genuinely liked it if it'd had proper controls. A Link Between Worlds almost got it right. There's just something about it that's annoying, kind of like every Zelda starting with OoT forward. BoTW seems to leave most of that crap out.
TL;DR I guess BoTW (Switch version I guess . Never played the other), because it was the first Zelda I really liked in around 25 years.

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In terms of my personal least favourite, that'd be Twilight Princess.
The whole thing just feels like some superfans wet dream of a Zelda game and combines all my least favourite things about the series.
The overly "epic" tone, the desaturated colour scheme, the drab characters, the dull dungeons, the boring collect-a-thon sidequests, the endless tedious backtracking through the overly big overworld.
By going back to the ALttP and OoT style the whole thing just felt like re-treading old ground in an even more boring fashion to me.

That said, while I greatly dislike TP it's core design is still leagues ahead of the DS games.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow I expected Spirit Tracks to be dominating the vote, but apparently not. Looks like 2 still gets a lot of hate for being either too different, or overly difficult. Which makes me wonder, Breath of the Wild is a good game, but is it a good Zelda game? Since it does drastically change a lot of the familiar formula. Hmm.

Triforce Heroes is amusing to see up there as well. It's quite easy to forget it exists. There was quite a lot of hate for it going around launch. That's another outlier game, fairly different in formula to past entries.

D

Deleted User

I voted Spirit Tracks because I found it boring as hell. I thought I'd be the black sheep, but looking at the votes I'm not. Its a bit unfair to call Zelda II the worst of the bunch. It went in a different direction and it's execution wasn't great, but it did keep me entertained for a while. Its become the game that's cool to hate but negative social proof doesn't make the game objectively bad.

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link between Worlds for me.
It's way to easy, the dungeons are boring and short, and the story is just a poor rehash of a Link to the Past.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that train one..
the game is fun, but the fucking train is really painfull.. i really liked, the puzzles the levels..
i liked everything.. even the controlls for a DS game didn't bothered that much..
but omg, the train...
i never use cheats, unless it's when i am bored and after finishing a game.. but in this case i had to use a speed up the train because i was so frustrated of riding it back and fourth.. i ended up to not finishing this game with everything, because even with the train at 3x speed or something, i was just tired about it

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I have to change my vote to Spirit Tracks. I didn't like the Ocean Temple in Phantom Hourglass, but otherwise I enjoyed both games. But I really grew to hate the train mechanic, as I found that trying to avoid the enemy trains felt a lot like running away like a coward.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated the 3 day cycle in Majora's Mask but finished the game anyway so I voted for that.

I enjoyed touchscreen and Wii motion plus controls. I beat Zelda 2 in the 80's. Haven't finished the oracle games or Minish cap or triforce heroes or four swords.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition didn't lose by a landslide.

It's got the least content of all the games listed by far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi