Hacking What's the best way to install Wiiware/VC games' wads and launch them through USB Loader GX?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of making a new thread, i figure i'd ask here since its kind of related to the topic.

aside from game compatibility, are there any drawbacks to playing VC/WiiWare through cIOS emunand vs real nand? Mainly i'm talking about audio/video glitches, slowdown etc. And would playing off an HDD vs a SD card offer any benefits?

There shouldn't be any difference. NAND titles are loaded all at once and have a maximum size so they shouldn't have to access the drive much if at all. I keep mine on SD but USB works as well.

dizzlesquizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, a year and a half late. I have tried sifting through google and reading as many threads here and even through this whole thread and cannot understand how to do this. I am trying to install my WAD games that are like the ones you buy from the Wii store onto my wii from my SD card and have them stored/ran from the card. I had my Wii setup previously (I did it myself but can't find the web pages that helped me) but had to switch Wiis. I'm trying to set everything back up and this issue along with the forwarder not working with USB loader.

heromedel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything went great. Got chrono trigger and mario kart 64 wads to install. They show up fine and i was able to download their covers, art and icons. But when I launch it goes straight to homebrew channel. Tried changing cios global to 250 on chrono trigger but there was no noticeable effect.

Thanks for this guide. Any chance you can help figure out what to do now?

Skeletor2802

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I read a bunch of these pages oddly enough for Pokemon Rumble. Did anyone figure out how to get Pokemon Rumble to work? Let me know ASAP, my brother really freaking wants it lol.

Arimis777Saint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the steps in the first message...and so far I have successfully got the wads to display in USB loader GX along side my other games so far so good right?
But they Crash the Loader back to Homebrew so I changed the cIOS to 250...and still they crash...What eles can I do to solve this? any one?

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'd reconnect creating a nand file through modmii for whatever region games (Europe - PAL, USA, Japan, Korea) you plan to install VC & WW games. Then copy the nand to USB or SD

Had the same problen where most of the VC and WW titles would work when I copied them to SD or USB and installing them using the WAD manager from within USB Loader GX. Ended up using the latest Showmiiwads on PC to install VC and WW Wad files to the new nand on USB or SD card.

Last edited by g12345567,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cruis'n Usa and Gradius Rebirth seems not working on USB Loader-GX but it works on SD after i move it from Wii Menu Channel to SD Channel. Is there issue on USB Loader-GX with these game also is there compabatility listing for Wiiware and Virtual consoles for USB Loader-GX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8 +1