XP
Country
United States
Ok Update:

I got Devmenu but I can't install it with FBI, it keeps giving me an error:
Invalid argument / Invalid signature

I'm stuck now :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will try the Mset without the flashcart after I get the Devmenu working but even if it's 20$ I had more than enough with dealing with Chinese vendors for one lifetime :(
Run Cubic Ninja Ninjhax, then Pasta, then Cubic Ninja Ninjhax, then FBI to install Devmenu.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Run Cubic Ninja Ninjhax, then Pasta, then Cubic Ninja Ninjhax, then FBI to install Devmenu.

Ok thanks, installing Pasta now, but when I run the Pasta configurator on the sd card, it fails to connect to the server, error 404
Is there anyway around this?

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, installing Pasta now, but when I run the Pasta configurator on the sd card, it fails to connect to the server, error 404
Is there anyway around this?
I didn't know that Pasta needed that. I thought pasta was just a program on Ninjhax that would boot you into a patched sysnand. @gamesquest1 mind helping me out?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they probably took the server down once they took over rxtool (don't see why connecting to a server would have been mandatory though, i assume it would have only been for a version check or something :rolleyes:), pretty sure the configurator was only used for disabling autoboot etc

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't brick on pasta unless you happen to install system cias in a weird way. Always safe than sorry though.

OK PASTA IS RUNNING :D

Ok so now Do I backup Sysnand? I already formated emunand with the GW installer do I need to do it again?
I also got the FBI installer but not the Devmenu

What do I do next? do I still need the Dev menu? I will back up sysNand now just in case

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK PASTA IS RUNNING :D

Ok so now Do I backup Sysnand? I already formated emunand with the GW installer do I need to do it again?
I also got the FBI installer but not the Devmenu

What do I do next? do I still need the Dev menu? I will back up sysNand now just in case
You will need Devmenu to instal the mset cia on sysnand.
To backup sysnand, open the GW menu and choose the option to backup sysnand. Make sure you have enough free space on your SD card. Transfer the file to your PC afterwards.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you need to install dev menu before you format emunand else it wont carry over to emunand.....sooo, basically install dev menu, backup SD card contents, format emunand, restore SD contents, setup reinand

this is assuming you already made a nand backup, as that was what people said to do as the first step

Reactions: Quantumcat

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I did the emuNand backup with the GW menu
so I shouldn't do the sysnand backup without the Devmenu?

I kinda messed up then, I will try to install devmenu again and then backup sysnand
I failed the first time because I was missing the file title.db

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok install dev menu then backup your sysnand....doesnt really matter that much, just as long as you get a nand backup while your system is still working, dev menu shouldnt really cause any issues

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok install dev menu then backup your sysnand....doesnt really matter that much, just as long as you get a nand backup while your system is still working, dev menu shouldnt really cause any issues

Its kinda confusing because of Emunand backup and Sysnand backup,
I did an Emunand backup at the very beginning with GW now I install
Dev Menu and do another Emunand back up, then format emunand
(using Pasta) and then bring back the files again that I backed up,
is this right?

Also why did I made Emunand with GW and backed it up if I can do that with
Pasta. I'm trying to wrap my head as to the purpose of every piece of CFW so
I can make a comprehensive tutorial for other noobs like me. My head is spinning
right now :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Its kinda confusing because of Emunand backup and Sysnand backup,
I did an Emunand backup at the very beginning with GW now I install
Dev Menu and do another Emunand back up, then format emunand
(using Pasta) and then bring back the files again that I backed up,
is this right?

Also why did I made Emunand with GW and backed it up if I can do that with
Pasta. I'm trying to wrap my head as to the purpose of every piece of CFW so
I can make a comprehensive tutorial for other noobs like me. My head is spinning
right now :P
well things have to be done in a paticular order if you dont have a GW card as once you pick "format emunand" it clones sysnand to the SD card....so if you dont already have dev menu installed when you do that you wont be able to install dev menu to emunand.....but there is still a way around that, if you have already formatted emunand before installing dev menu you could always install devmenu to sysnand, dump your sysnand again via the GW menu then use emunand tool to restore the sysnand with dev menu over the emunand without devmenu

again all this is why i said originally that having GW makes thing much more straight forward

PS, formatting emunand isnt making a sysnand backup, dumping your nand and formatting emunand are 2 different functions, formatting emunand clones sysnand to a hidden partition on your SD card, this will be used to protect your sysnand from updates while in reinand/gw mode......dumping your nand will also clone your sysnand to your SD, but this time its saved to NAND.BIN, this file is your safety net, should your 3DS ever get bricked this is the file that will save your arse via a hardware mod

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I can't install Devmenu no matter what I try, FBI keeps getting an error.
This is the second Devmenu I try...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
to install dev manu via FBI you need to A) boot into pasta CFW via ninjhax, then bootup CN again while still in pasta and launch FBI this time

PS whats the error you get say exactly?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to install dev manu via FBI you need to A) boot into pasta CFW via ninjhax, then bootup CN again while still in pasta and launch FBI this time

Oh i didn't know this, let me try again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm booting into Pasta and it says Jump! I'm jumping but nothing happens!

It seems I'm running into every error ever, I'm stuck at

Preparing Arm11

Jump!

and then nothing happens, my n3ds is frozen

Last edited by Zeriel,

ChengCheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I wish that was the case, but I'm already Emailing them back and forth. They're obviously from China since they only replay during night hours and in broken English but after asking them about my order this is what they replied:

"Dear Customer
We are very sorry for our mistake.Your order still not be shipped,If you are agress,we will send your order today.

Sorry!"

This is after 10 days after they charged my card and after a fake shipping confirmation. If this is not shady I
don't know what Is. I used to think this company was reliable because I've seen them posting here but I guess
I was wrong.
Bad news

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Ok I got Pasta to work, I had to delete the firmware.bin from \3DS\PastaCFW and disable boot firmware

Went into Pasta mode and ran FBI and Install Devmenu but then I found out that it
wouldn't install because you need to press "L" and change the destination to Nand from SD
Installed Devmenu

Now I will try to backup the nand and format Emunand, restore nand again including devmenu

then try to make the Mset downgrade work somehow without a flashcart

then install reinand

This is a fucking Nightmare but I'm documenting everything to make a comprehensive guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1