Hacking What wire is this inside my wii?

SoNiC1023

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day I had my wii open and it tipped over and fell pretty hard. Nothing wrong with it at all but there is an odd black wire that got disconnected on the right side of the wii if you are looking at it from the front. Where does it go? Thanks for any help Heres a pictures:
a2693784.jpg

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country

SoNiC1023

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wayyyy lol I cant believe after all these months I didnt see that the black wire was cut in half on the other side of the wii no wonder my wifi has been crap ever since. Thanks so much

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The black wire is the WiFi wire... if cut, no biggie... just splice on some more standard copper wire.

The grey wire is your Bluetooth wire... not a good one to cut!

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
The black wire is the WiFi wire... if cut, no biggie... just splice on some more standard copper wire.

Not quite. The length is tuned to the 2.4Ghz frequency.

Your best bet would be adding an external SMA connector, to connect a large antenna.

If I ever install a drivechip, that's what I'm going to do.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheater912 said:
I read somewhere that both wires were for WiFi (Vertical and Horizontal). Sounds kind of stupid... lol

Vertical and horizontal doesn't make sense, as omnidirectional antennas have a 120 degree arc most of the time. So, whether you position the console vertically or horizontally, it's going to pick up a signal.

It's more likely that it's to create a DS hotspot while remaining connected to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup