Hardware What will happen with nintendo (?)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why people continuously argue about this. the whole idea of console wars is stupid.
It's fine to have your favorite console, just don't shove it in other people's faces. many games are cross-platform anyway, and while some people may argue that other consoles can run things better... if you want the best power, just go for a PC.

You buy consoles for the exclusives. Simple as that. PS4/Xbone don't have anything special going on for me on the exclusives side, so I'm going to stick to my Wii U and not buy any other console at this moment. I'll just enjoy my Monster Hunter game, my zelda game and my Pikmin 3.

Of course, because everybody is willing to put a PC on their living room, right?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, because everybody is willing to put a PC on their living room, right?

On this topic, it seriously sucks how there are (as of yet) very few options for having a PC in your living room that doesn't look like a PC.

I would love to have a PC hooked up to my main TV, but having a massive desktop (or even the half-sized ones) just chilling there in my entertainment system just seems... wrong.

We need more options for PC's that look like this and would fit, and look really nice, in an entertainment center.

I have high hopes for the "Steam machines" and Intel's Iris Pro. Hopefully, they will start to make living room PC's more common.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm a big proponent of backups, I agree with what you're saying, but I'm allowing the distinct possibility that there are situations in life which you can't predict. I know that the natural disaster argument is an extreme one, but is it not within the realm of possibility? We hear about devastating hurricanes every now and then, is it not a good idea to think ahead of schedule and protect the interests of affected customers too?

Devastating hurricane trashes my house , my street , my life , my family , and you guys are concerned for DLC .. First thing on your mind in such an event ..sure thing you gamer you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Devastating hurricane trashes my house , my street , my life , my family , and you guys are concerned for DLC .. First thing on your mind in such an event ..sure thing you gamer you.
#parents_house
#nokids_noproblems
#im12 (Advanced Nintendo Fan - normally it's 10 :) )
#nolife
#nin10doh

Questions? :)

Reactions: pwsincd

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can't argue that for all the raw power-obsessed PC fanboys, this is the best solution. and this alone doesn't make PS4 or Xbone any better.
Also, gaming laptops exist that still have a higher power than your amazing PS4 or Xbone. To me, this doesn't qualify as a valid excuse to think that PS4/Xbone is "teh best".

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't argue that for all the raw power-obsessed PC fanboys, this is the best solution. and this alone doesn't make PS4 or Xbone any better.
Also, gaming laptops exist that still have a higher power than your amazing PS4 or Xbone. To me, this doesn't qualify as a valid excuse to think that PS4/Xbone is "teh best".
exactly.

I know my gaming laptop (FROM 2010!), an ASUS g73jh [ATi Mobility Radeon 5870m] plays games better. I drive most games in 1920x1080 no problem with settings adjusted so it runs fast but yet does not look any different for the most part. if only M$ had adjusted game settings like I and others do, they would be driving BF4 and AC4: Black Flag at 1920x1080 vs 1280x720 and 1600x900.
it is sad that a laptop from 2010 can beat the Xbox One in graphical performance.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nobody is saying ps4/xbox is "teh best". they're saying (along with me) that hooking up a laptop or PC to the TV simply isn't a valid option.

Reactions: VMM

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nobody is saying ps4/xbox is "teh best". they're saying (along with me) that hooking up a laptop or PC to the TV simply isn't a valid option.

It doesn't change the fact that comparing the Wii U to PS4/XBone is pretty pointless if you're just going to flat-out ignore the more powerful gaming platform in your favor.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't change the fact that comparing the Wii U to PS4/XBone is pretty pointless if you're just going to flat-out ignore the more powerful gaming platform in your favor.

No it isn't. You're sounding like Kirito.

threads that were about PS/Xbox/WiiU, gets turned into a discussion about PC. Stop it.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Except the WiiU, XBONE and PS4 are all games consoles designed for pretty much the same purpose, and the computer isn't.

If somebody was trying to decide between a chocolate bar, a pack of crisps and a bag of nuts as a mid day snack would you try and convince them to eat a full roast instead?

Reactions: VMM

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Most people are not willing to put a pc on their living room.
Even if PC is more powerful than next-gen consoles, it's not a valid comparation.
Game consoles and PCs weren't designed for the same purpose,
you can attach a PC on your living room, but it won't be as pratical as a home console were you simply plug and play.
Consoles also won't need hardware update and will have support in all it's life-cycle, games will be released during this time,
the company will support it with firmware updates adding new features and/or improving existing ones.
Said that, comparing consoles with PC is stupid, and that should be common sense.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people need to realize a few things about the Xbox One name. Also the way it's advertised.

For example, I see a lot of ads on TV for Ryse: Son of QTE Rome. One thing that's very notable is that it says "ONLY on Xbox One" at the end of the ad. Not sure if Nintendo does the same but it makes the general populace see at least that some things are ONLY for the Xbox One.

Numbers create more specificity than letters. It's always been the case. Also look at the way Apple brands their products. New iPhone generations are denoted with numbers. Variations on that generation are by letters. Like iPhone 4 and 4S. Or iPhone 5 and 5C. One in the Xbox One named denotes something central, original than a letter added on. There was little confusion with the Xbox and the Xbox 360, why people are going "WHAT HOW CAN BE TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 360 AND THE ONE" is pretty nonsensical. Plus a better comparison would be if the Xbox One was called the Xbox 360 One since the Wii U just adds the letter "U" to Wii. It just adds something. Like an add on. Oh wait that's the confusion...

As much as people here may hate to admit it, Xbox One purchasers are more keen on being more informed than Wii U purchasers. The Wii's large audience was comprised of people who really didn't touch games a whole lot. Even your strawmen "CoD kiddies" and "dudebros" at least do their research and know that a Xbox One is a different console from Xbox 360. Wii owners moving over will just see "it has a letter on the end so it's an add on to the Wii I have since lost interest in". Also the Wii U really does not look that much different from a Wii, especially those more curvy redesigned ones. The Xbox One is at least fucking huge.

Reactions: Gahars

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Except the WiiU, XBONE and PS4 are all games consoles designed for pretty much the same purpose, and the computer isn't.

Okay, I'm sorry, but doesn't this actually STRENGTHEN my point? The Game consoles are designed to be game consoles and yet the PC does it better.

I figure I should mention that I am in no way a PC gamer. I am simply questioning the validity of the Wii U being dragged down for being underpowered "compared to..." even though the same could easily be said about XBone and PS4.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Computer is a general purpose computation device. General purpose as in it can do multiple types of workload. It by no means indicate computers does gaming better than console.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo. Tablet gaming? Check. Console? Check. Organized internet system like Xbox Live (but still needs more work)? Check. Powerful graphics engine? Check. And I've heard a bunch of people on here say that the PS4 and Xbone are just souped up versions of the 360/PS3. It sounds like they released the PS4 and Xbone to have a more powerful engine so they could convince people to stay with their systems since they were more powerful than Nintendo.

But some people believe that a tablet is a game console. Can I say now that Americans are stupid and believe misinformation fed to them by the media? The Japanese and dare I say, the Europeans, know what the Wii U is. And now, I'm breaking my vow of boycotting the piece of shit that calls itself Youtube to bring you these videos for comparison. And, tell me which one best advertises what the Wii U is.

Except for the WiiU, XBONE and PS4 are all games consoles designed for pretty much the same purpose, and the computer isn't.

The WiiU isn't a game console? When did this rumor start? I remember the unboxing of the WiiU: there was a device that looked like the Wii, and then there was the tablet.

Reactions: the_randomizer

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU isn't a game console? When did this rumor start? I remember the unboxing of the WiiU: there was a device that looked like the Wii, and then there was the tablet.

I think it was just poor grammar. I believe he was trying to say that the Wii U, XBone, and PS4 were dedicated gaming machines while PCs are not.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to