Super Mario 64
grog.gif

DomeFossil

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
My first emulation experience was when a friend let me borrow Visualboy, claiming that I could play sapphire on it, but not giving me the ROM. I was like 9 at the time, and I could work it out. i asked my dad how to do it, but of course he wasn't any help. I had to give it back and ignored my friend when he said that there was a website where you download 'Sapphire and other games'.

Fast forward to five years later. I had heard of this crappy hack of megaman called 'megaman in the mushroom kingdom' I couldn't for the life of me get it to work, even after following tutorials. This was because I had downloaded a shite emulator, Nessie. I found fecu ultra, and proper megaman ROMs, and it just exploded from there, ith SNES9x, VBA again and more. After I bought my TTDS I continued to emulate and play ROMs n my DS, and here we are today.

So now you know! Boring, but extremely significant to me.
lecture.gif

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Megaman battle network 6
tongue.gif
My friend told me about a emulator and I found out about flash cards when I got my ds lite. I meant megaman battle network 6.

ubersk8kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
i believe my very first ROM was was just in grade 8 (I was really late)
I remember getting a gameboy emulator back in grade 5 and didn't know how to work it, but then 3 years later, got sixtyforce and then perfect dark, which didn't work very well....

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, let's see...my first encounter with emulation happened when I was around 7 or 8 years old, when my friend got me a ROM of Pokemon Blue and NO$GB. However I thought that I just had a version of Pokemon on my computer; I didn't know what "emulation" was. Plus I didn't even have internet, LMAO. Anyways, a while after that, another friend formally gave me the lowdown on emulation, and the first game I actually downloaded was Seiken Densetsu 3 for the SNES. Man, it took forever to get it on my 56k modem, hahaha. Since then, I've pretty much played through, or had experience with, every single SNES game worth playing. Good times...

Thanks for bringing up the nostalgic memories
laugh.gif

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original zookeeper, tapper, burgertime, and asteroids arcade ROMs when I first discovered the existence of MAME in 2000-2001. Before that, my homie, Dave modded my PSX and I played pirated PSX games until Dreamcast came out and he hooked me up with the Utopia boot disc and some pirated games (I would give him 50 CDRs and he would give me 10 games or more. Fair trade indeed.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
The first ever game i played was a game called SkiFree with this little guy.

948990.gif

He gave me nightmares for many years to come.

But the first rom i ever got was Pokemon Crystal emulated on PC. Holy shit it was the most awesomest thing ever. Remeber playing with a mate called Brandon he was from Holland.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have even the slightest clue what my "first" ROM was.......been slurping up stuff since the Commodore 64 days. Of course it depends on if you consider "ROMs" a blanket term to mean "free downloaded stuff" or just games that were on carts.

Either way though, I don't keep that kind of info.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
A ROM is dump of anything stored on a maskrom/eep/nand.

So games on carts/arcade boards in the gaming world.

Dunno why people are mentioning psx isos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!