What Was Your First ROM?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon Red and Blue. I remember it got deleted when my Dad redid the computer and I went looking for it again but I had no idea what I was really doing. I was about 6 by the way.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enigmaindex said:
The first ever game i played was a game called SkiFree with this little guy.

948990.gif

He gave me nightmares for many years to come.

But the first rom i ever got was Pokemon Crystal emulated on PC. Holy shit it was the most awesomest thing ever. Remeber playing with a mate called Brandon he was from Holland.

LOL. I played that too! And same, he gave me nightmares 'cause he just ran out of NO WHERE from the side and eats the human.
frown.gif
It scares me everytime, but I still play it.

Super Dodge Ball on Neo Geo. Damn, that brings back memories.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Couple of SNES RPGs. I think Secret of Mana was the first I tried. I got them from a friend on CD. We both had crappy laptops and could barely run snes9x and Zsnes. One of the best moments in my life.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gokuroro said:
It was Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4 (yeah, at the same time), played in Genecyst (anyone remember this Genesis emulator that used to run on DOS?) playing on a 586, 133MHz (or a 486, 33MHz... can't remember now), back in 1998.
Too detailed? ^^

Yeah man, I totally had the DOS version of Genecyst, and played ToeJam & Earl with it. Remember the "About" section on the GUI version with that big fat-ass guy?

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it was Wonder Boy (MAME) either that or Bubble Bobble. I'd vaguely heard about this emulator that could play old arcade games. At first I didn't really understand what they meant or that you needed to find the roms separately from the program. Took me a while to find some decent rom sites that didn't just send you round in circles with advertising and vote buttons but once I did an addiction was formed.
biggrin.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im still pretty new to the rom scene (compared to fellow tempers). So technically I guess I dont really have one first roms. I got about 40 roms at the same time. The day I bought my R4 I stupidly bought a cd full of ds roms on it for $10. Now I know I can just download them for free. lol

<Luke>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first rom was Paper Mario on Project 64. I've known about emulators since I was a kid but I didn't start emulating until I was 12 when my n64 controller's joystick broke.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I don't think I can remember...

I am *sure* it was the GB/GBC Pokemon games for VisualBoy Advance. My cousin put them on our computer. A smart little turd he is...

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend gave me some GB roms years ago and I didn't know what emulation was at the time. Those files were eventually A few years later, I got into Dragon Ball and found emulation for the SNES games. I've been finding roms ever since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse