What upcoming game of 2023 are you most excited for?

What upcoming game are you most excited for?

• Total voters

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not a popular choice, but... the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is by far my most anticipated game this year. I always did love the originals.
The Mega Man series do be awesome.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow crazy, so many people excited for the new Zelda ....
Botw was pretty much the worst Zelda every (for me) so I am pretty sure I won't even try the new one ....

I hope they can make Starfield as great as promised, not much into space setting but I love this kind of game a lot.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to go with RE4 remake, but dang, didn't realize we had a new Zelda on the way. And AW 1&2 has been a long time coming.

Looks to be a pretty good year.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Metroid Prime 4
Post automatically merged:

Wow crazy, so many people excited for the new Zelda ....
Botw was pretty much the worst Zelda every (for me) so I am pretty sure I won't even try the new one
ye i agree, zelda botw wasnt that good zelda, but i love it, its a fun game. i dont think we will ever see a traditional zelda anymore sadly.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Metroid Prime 4

ye i agree, zelda botw wasnt that good zelda, but i love it, its a fun game. i dont think we will ever see a traditional zelda anymore sadly.
Which is just one more reason to loathe BotW and its undeserved massive success - it all but invalidated GOOD Zelda design in favour of a dime-a-dozen open-world format.
I mean, there's plenty of open-world games similar to BotW, and likely superior to it - Skyrim, Far Cry, Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed Origins, perhaps Horizon and Hellblade (if you don't mind being forced to play as girls).

Is there anything even remotely like good Zelda? Ōkami, kinda. Other than that, nothing I can think of.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Which is just one more reason to loathe BotW and its undeserved massive success - it all but invalidated GOOD Zelda design in favour of a dime-a-dozen open-world format.
I mean, there's plenty of open-world games similar to BotW, and likely superior to it - Skyrim, Far Cry, Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed Origins, perhaps Horizon and Hellblade (if you don't mind being forced to play as girls).

Is there anything even remotely like good Zelda? Ōkami, kinda. Other than that, nothing I can think of.
What about Immortals: Fenyx Rising? I hear that's similar to BotW as well.

Still, there really is nothing quite like traditional Zelda, no.

Thanks for reassuring me that I can safely ignore your opinions.
Cherry-picking one small part allows you to ignore everything he said? How very prejudicial of you.
What he said there wasn't even that bad, really; if you don't mind playing as girls, or not having the option to choose your character (like, say, in Skyrim and Immortals) then he recommended those three open-world games, and considered them better options than BotW. How can you criticise that?

toolazytosearchitmyself

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

And Assassin's Creed Mirage is apparently taking a step back from the open world format. I hope the next Zelda does the same.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cherry-picking one small part allows you to ignore everything he said? How very prejudicial of you.
What he said there wasn't even that bad, really; if you don't mind playing as girls, or not having the option to choose your character (like, say, in Skyrim and Immortals) then he recommended those three open-world games, and considered them better options than BotW. How can you criticise that?
Gonna be my last comment on the subject, I'm not getting drawn into a debate on someone's idiocy, but it was his phrasing that displayed his issues. The vast majority of games don't let you choose the gender of the protagonist. A specific game has a female protagonist and people can choose to play it or not much like any other game, nobody is being "forced" to do anything. There was no mention of other games he listed "forcing" anyone to play as a man. Saying "it's a good game except girl" shows where his issues lay, and you know it's not a strong belief that "every game released should have a character creater with gender options".

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

i dont mind playing as a girl xD i play as Linkle in botw haha
well as i said, i like botw for what it is, anc i like it more than those "superior" open world games because i love zelda theme, and what that game has that no other game of its kind has. But still, i do agree, its not a good Zelda game, just a good game, and tbh, its a matter of preference, botw, skyrim, far cry etc...

wow BOTW is massively over-hyped, not deserving so compared to many other zeldas and games for switch.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so looking forward to Resident Evil 4. I have all games for PS4. Great games and I cannot say the same for Street Fighter 6, thought. I would get it because of tradition but it is always the same things so its a waste, perhaps. I dont care about other lists. Not for me. You forgot The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for Switch.

Anyway, can't wait for Resident Evil 4 and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol