Hacking What to do? Want to play Pokemon Ultra Sun but must update?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do I need like a lot of storage? I heard some CFWs require a lot of storage or something. I'm using the normal MicroSD that came with the device.
No, you could store a couple of small games with the default 4GB microSD (many games are 200-500MB) but you'll want a bigger one if you want to install bigger games. For example Pokémon games are 2-4GB. 16GB is comfortable but you'll occasionally have to delete games you've finished with to install new ones. Most people would be very happy with 32GB (probably never needing to delete any games), only extreme game hoarders need 64GB+

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you could store a couple of small games with the default 4GB microSD (many games are 200-500MB) but you'll want a bigger one if you want to install bigger games. For example Pokémon games are 2-4GB. 16GB is comfortable but you'll occasionally have to delete games you've finished with to install new ones. Most people would be very happy with 32GB (probably never needing to delete any games), only extreme game hoarders need 64GB+
I mean, Ultra Sun might be the last game I buy for the 3DS. I have somewhere around 11,000 blocks on my 3DS, but still can delete stuff. Is this enough?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And is it true that upgrading won't increase my chances of being banned?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I mean, Ultra Sun might be the last game I buy for the 3DS. I have somewhere around 11,000 blocks on my 3DS, but still can delete stuff. Is this enough?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And is it true that upgrading won't increase my chances of being banned?
11,000 blocks is only about 1.3GB so you'll need to clear about twice as much space as you have free already, if you want to install it. How big is your SD card? If you're going to keep the cartridge you won't have to worry of course. You can fit about 2 average sized games in the space you have left.

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
11,000 blocks is only about 1.3GB so you'll need to clear about twice as much space as you have free already, if you want to install it. How big is your SD card? If you're going to keep the cartridge you won't have to worry of course. You can fit about 2 average sized games in the space you have left.

I use the MicroSD that came with the system, which is 4 GB I believe. I do have the cartridge of Ultra Sun, and not the digital version.

Last edited by firefist202,

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No,it's not you need 28 205 blocks tout download Pokémon ultra sun.

It's the cartridge version and I've already been able to play it through Region Lock player. When I open the game in the region lock player (my copy of US is still in my region), it starts without asking me to update. But it won't let me go online.

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah actually I have downloaded the updated Friend list (11.6 update) to go online but you can install cfw than do a sysnand backup and update to the latest firmware.

Last edited by Joeado123,

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you play other games online?
Yeah, using the CTR-httpwn tool. When I boot up Ultra Sun, it asks me to update my system, and later I found out I can still play by using the region lock player, but I want to go online. It won't let me go online. My problem is, if I update my system I apparently can't get homebrew back (mainly use it for genning pokemon). But I'm afraid of the risk of being banned if I download a CFW. If I were to download a CFW, would the risk of being banned be highly increased?

Also just wondering if I have enough space to install the CFW anyways.

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No,by downloading the friend list app (it's a system app).Because the system verify the version of the friend list,the system think that i'm in 11.6 but i'm in 11.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.